• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Additional Ownership Question

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
This is not my personal situation, but, dear Tuggers, I would appreciate it very much if you could share your knowledge.

Let's say I have an odd year interval at a HGVC resort with my wife as a joint owner. If I buy an additional even year time share at the same resort and put my wife and our children as owners for this one.

I know that all points of the two intervals can be put into one membership account. But will our children be able to use a stay beyond points of their even year ownership without guest certificate?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If they aren't deeded the same way, I think you may have two separate accounts and two membership fees and no combining of points. I don't think it is like Wyndham where deeding it with additional members on one or more contracts allows those additional members to have privileges onto all of the points.

I could be wrong but unlike Wyndham, I have never heard of the different deeding (on anything less than all of the contracts) as a work around for guest certs.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Thank you, tschwa2.

HGVC allows owners to combine vacation ownerships and charges one membership. That's for sure. But you mean a different set of owners (even partially the same owners) will require two accounts.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, that is what I am saying. Most TS companies (and I am not sure about Hilton-my experience is Marriott and Starwood) require all contract/deeds to be deeded the same in order to be in the same account. So if husband only owns one week and husband and wife own another and husband, wife and kids own another there would need to be three accounts that could not be merged until/unless all the deeds were changed to be recorded with the same owners on all of the deeds.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
AFAIK, HGVC will not treat the accounts as "identical."
But B4 you take our armchair QB opinions, call and ask if it can be done.

You could re-deed the 1st to match the names on the 2nd, after notice to HGVC that it's not a sale.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
With HGVC deeds must be the same to combine one account. I have them give me a new membership number and another club dues because title company left out part of my wifes last name. Hgvc would not add that contract onto our other contracts until it was legally changed to reflect the same name.

jestme

Reaction score
I believe your children must also be of legal age, and as everything with Hilton follows Florida law, that would be legal age in Florida.

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Thank you, jestme.

I thought the legal age would be subject to the state law of your deed. But it's not. And it's 18 in any state.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, tschwa2.

HGVC allows owners to combine vacation ownerships and charges only one annual membership fee. That's for sure. But you mean a different set of owners (even partially the same owners) will require two accounts.

This statement is not accurate: I have 2 sets of owners and pay 1 annual fee and always have. I have a week that is deeded to myself and my friend from 2000. Then my wife and I bought another week a few years ago and that's deeded to myself and my wife. The names of my friend and my wife are nowhere close to similar. The way we made this happen is my wife and I made sure at the purchase of our week that they wrote my existing HGVC member number on the contract and all the paperwork. They did and HGVC combined all my points and only only charges 1 annual fee.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you purchase the second week from Hilton? I guess I can see them doing that in order to get the sale. I don't see them willing to do it for a resale contract. Wyndham does so maybe I'm wrong about Hilton.

Has your experience been that everyone can use all of the points without using a guest certificate or is your wife limited to only reservations using home resort or points from the contract she is on?

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
Confirmed with Call Center Service

Somehow I ran into the same question again. This time, I read the club rules and contacted Call Center. As long as there is a common thread of ownership among intervals, you can have them in a single account. What is a "common thread"? It means you need to have at least one name in common for all the intervals you have. So for one week, you are the only owner. For a second, you and your spouse have the ownership. These two weeks can be put into a single account because you are a owner for both of the intervals. Ownership is judged according to the deed record. And joined account is good only for HGVC-developed resorts.