• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FL Gulf Coast Affiliates

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoping for some advice.
Looking to plan for Spring Break 2016, which would be third week in March 2016.

I am trying to coordinate with my brother and his family, so between all of us, two families, three kids (2,8,12). We're looking for 2, 2 bedroom units in the same resort. The primary criteria are on the beach and activities for the kids. Also, a plus would be washer/dryer in the unit.

Wondering what the best options would be given what we're looking for and chances of getting two units in one of these affiliates during this time. We're coming from different parts of the country and given where we've vacationed before, looking at Marco/Sanibel/Captiva as a good combo of beach, easy to fly into and somewhere we've never been.

I've done a little research so far. Charter Club of Marco Beach, Eagle's Nest, Casa Ybel, or Tortuga Beach Club all look like they're meeting our criteria. Just not sure of availability odds.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Fwiw, there is a Gulf-front HGVC timeshare property called SeaWatch; located right on Estero Blvd in Fort Myers Beach (which is sometimes a.k.a. "Estero Island").

That being said, I'm betting that finding two available 2BR units there in prime Snowbird season might be difficult, but perhaps it's worth at least inquiring within the HGVC system (about which I admit knowing next to nothing). I do see (expensive) Snowbird week rental ads there every year. Closer to RSW (Fort Myers airport) than any of the other locations you mention but, although certainly nice, completely lacking in any on-site activities or options for kids besides the beach and the pool. :shrug:

Last edited: