• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Marbrisa

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to book a week at Marbrisa in a 2 bedroom through RCI, but the information provided by them on their website is minimal at best. They have a 2 bedroom which sleep 8(4) and a 2 bedroom that sleeps 8(6) available. besides that there isn't much information about the rooms. If anybody knows or could help explain the differences.

Is one of them a lock off unit vs a dedicated 2 bedroom?
Is one more desirable than the other for any reason?

Any information would help because I'm having a hard time finding much online. Thanks.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the description of a two bedroom from the HGVC member website
Spacious 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite with patio or balcony features master bedroom with king bed and bathroom with free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. Second bedroom is furnished with two twin beds, and second bathroom with standard shower/tub combination. Generous living room includes separate dining area, satellite TV and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen, as well as high-speed wireless Internet access. Maximum occupancy: 6.

Here is the description of a two bedroom lock off.
Spacious 2 bedroom/2 bathroom lock-off with patio or balcony features master bedroom with king bed, bathroom with free-standing shower and separate soaking tub. Second bedroom is furnished with twin and full beds, and bathroom with standard shower/tub combination. Generous living room includes separate dining area, satellite TV and DVD player, and queen-size sleeper sofa. Suite also features full kitchen, as well as high-speed wireless internet access. Maximum occupancy: 6.

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Sounds like they are both very similar. Guess I can't go wrong either way. Looks like they'll accommodate 4 adults and 2 toddlers nicely.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first phase over looks the back of Legoland which is a pretty bad view. The second phase over looks the large swimming pool and is much much nicer. It is a bit of a walk from the first phase to the nice swimming pool in the second phase. I stayed in the second phase and was very pleased. Only disappointment--there were suppose to be washers and dryers in our unit. There was only one laundry room for the whole building on the 1st floor and it only had 2 washers & 2 dryers. But at least they were free.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I've stayed in a lockoff unit at the new pool complex, as I recall both sofas are sleeper so that is probably the 8 (4) designated unit.

If you get the end unit on the first floor, which I had, the laundry room is right outside the studio side front door. :)

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

JackieC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just stayed in building 69 in the new section. There was a washer/dryer in the larger room but not in the lock off unit. The lock off unit had one queen bed and a sofa bed. The other had a king bed and a sofa bed. Lock off has a tub/shower and other has a separate shower and tub. Full kitchen in the larger unit and microwave and very small refrigerator in the lock off.

I love the newer units. Great view over the pool. Balcony in each unit.