• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fiesta Americana question

splons

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm planning a family vacation for October to Mexico. Any recommendations, good or bad for Fiesta Americana resorts/hotels?
Thanks

valadezm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tripadvisor has a lot of reviews on the Fiesta Americana properties. Check it out.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took our familyto the Cabo location, 6 years ago, it is located on the corridor between the two Cabos. The resort was great but the beach in that area is NOT swimable. A car is a must to travel to ggod beaches or into either Cabo San Lucas or San Jose Del Cabo. The resort had nice pools.

Asl18940

Reaction score
Biggest problem is unit availability. I've never had luck at the Puerto Vallarta location or the Cancun location. Another thought, if you're elite level, you can book into the Grand Mayan resorts which are great. Last thought, if you're going to PV or Cancun, Hilton has all inclusive resorts so you can convert your HGVC points to HH points for those resorts.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Zihuatanejo in July. That's not an ideal time weather wise but otherwise we're totally excited. Will report back after the trip.

Reaction score
Cancun location is not that nice. Cabo location is great. Our 1st time in Cabo was back in 2011 and we have gone back yearly. You will love it!

Last edited:

Twincheryl

Reaction score
We went to FA Cabo in Feb and loved it. Not much around, but the food and drinks were great! Accommodations were ok... but think they were still redecorating after last year's hurricane. People were friendly and we got superb service in some restaurants/bars and none in others. We are not very picky, so just went somewhere else if we had an iffy experience. We paid for all inclusive... otherwise it would have been VERY expensive to eat and drink, I believe.

Someone responded about FA in Zihuatanejo, but don't know about there being one there. Club Intrawest in Zihuatanejo is very nice. You can walk down the beach to many different restaurants.

Neither resort is really on a swimmable beach for me. People were in the water in Zihua but the waves were too much for me.

We had to call many months in advance and be a bit flexible to find availability, but have been to Zihua twice and Cabo once... I'm a teacher so had to go when everyone was out of school!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bment01

Reaction score
I agree with valadezm. I'm headed to FA Cabo in August after reading all the TA reviews. Considering people like to complain on those forums, it's amazing how many 5 star reviews there are. Sounds like a no-brainer to go with the $80/day AI.

I'm a relatively new owner and have only stayed at true HGVC properties to date. I tried to book online and saw Mexico was not an option so I went through RCI. I didn't realize there were some additional properties that are HGVC partners and must be booked over the phone. Good to know! I overspent in points and the rez fee. When I called customer service, I was told that I booked a different FA property in Cabo and not the partner resort which turned out to be false (the Cabo name didn't match exactly to the HGVC name).

Finally, I wish Hilton would have clear room descriptions for these partners resorts. I am staying in a Studio, but can't find anywhere what that means. There is no "studio" on FA's website.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
A studio is the equivalent of a hotel room, as in most timeshares. It is one room with bed and bathroom. No kitchen - microwave, coffee pot and mini fridge. Since the resort is all inclusive now, that' probably not much of an issue. I believe they all have a balcony too.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We are going to Zihuatanejo in July. That's not an ideal time weather wise but otherwise we're totally excited. Will report back after the trip.
Zihuatanejo is not a FA or HGVC resort but a Club Intrawest resort. The two companies share some inventory.

I've never been but from what I was told the place is really nice and only about 8 years old.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
A studio is the equivalent of a hotel room, as in most timeshares. It is one room with bed and bathroom. No kitchen - microwave, coffee pot and mini fridge. Since the resort is all inclusive now, that' probably not much of an issue. I believe they all have a balcony too.

The balcony on the studios is not deep enough for a chair, only for standing.