• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All Bay Club pools are now saline

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from the Bay Club. All the pools and hot tubs are now saline. They're awesome.

We stayed in the grand villa building 8. Grand Villa building 9 directly across from us was being renovated. At first when we were unpacking our car we heard drilling noise from the construction site. But for the rest of the week we heard no noise at all even though they were constantly working at the site.

The renovations look georgeous. I can't wait to go back next year. We usually do 2 weeks at the Lagoon Tower in Waikiki and 1 week at the Bay Club but next year we're going to reverse that.

Elster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC:
Vilamoura, Coylumbridge
This is fab news, for you folks alot closer than me (as I am UK based) enjoy the saline pools!
The ones are Kingsland were just fabulous in saline...

Bill4728

Reaction score
Please note that saline pools are not anything like "salt water" pools. The saline in these pools is very light and not as irritating as the salt water pools I've used in the past.

Many are about the same as a medium chlorinated pool.

Last edited:

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that explanation, Bill. I have a reservation at Bay Club for Nov, and I was thinking that I don't think I'd like a salt water pool. For salt water, I can enjoy the ocean and have a pretty beach, thank you very much. But it seems that everyone here likes saline, so I'm willing to try it with an open mind (just not open eyes, perhaps ;) )

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm about 90% sure that Saline pools ARE salt water pools...Maybe these pools have better Chlorine Generators then older Salt water pools you guys have been in allowing a further break down of the Salt, and allowing a lower concentration needed....But as far as i can tell...They are the same thing

Reaction score
We actually had a salt water pool at our last house. I'm almost certain that a saline pool is indeed the same as a salt water pool (short of anything new to the industry about which I've not heard). We loved it, and to this day consider ourselves spoiled and reminded of that every time we swim in a fresh water pool.

If it sounds a bit strange or like something you'd rather not use, I promise it's much better than it sounds: very clean, crystal clear, ZERO algae, ZERO chemicals, no irritation, and actually easier on your eyes and skin than a normal chlorinated pool. If it's the same system we had, it actually uses the same salt you use in a water softener system (but does not leave that "can't rinse all the soap off" feeling you might get from over-softened water). As an added bonus, the maintenance on them is MUCH easier in case anyone is considering getting one--or decides to work on the Bay Club pool while on vacation there :hysterical:.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a salt water pool salesman. We just really liked ours, and are all but certain you won't be disappointed once you swim in one yourself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm willing to try it with an open mind (just not open eyes, perhaps ;) )

Blues, I suspect you'll actually have an easier time opening your eyes in the saline/salt water pool than you will in a normal pool :D.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correction--salt water

The word Phil the GM actually used was actually "salt water". He also explained that for the cost of a gallon of chlorine you could get 2 giant bags of salt.

Sorry for the confusion. One thing is for sure, the new pools are much less harsh. I noticed that well before I learned that they had been converted.

And Blue, don't be fooled by the term "salt water". This was my first experience with a salt water pool. It doesn't try to mimic the ocean water. It's just much more milder and far for pleasant.

Last edited: