• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best HGVC Resort in Orlando?

hfahrenkrog

Reaction score
Hello - my husband and I and two kids (ages 2 and 5) will be going to an HGVC resort in Orlando in April 2011 based on husbands Hilton Honors points we qualified for a "special" 3 night/4 day stay for about $200 - we plan to pay extra (and it is so minimal!) to get either a 2 or 3 bedroom and add a few nights on a make a great trip out of it.
So - which resort is best for a young family? We will go to Disney for 3-4 days in the AM and want to spend afternoons at resort pools. We know we need a car to get there from airport and would want to get some groceries to use in the kitchen. We must attend the sales meeting while there...we are interested in potentially buying a VC property in Orlando - I have learned alot here on Tug and we now know to buy resale. Are there any pros to buying new? I read somewhere you are treated the same whether you buy new or resale? Is an HGVC orlando property that is 2 bedroom in gold season a good investment for trading? We will be coming to Disney almost every year or every other for next 10 years or so and we like the other resorts HGVC has to offer and their locations. I also read that many of you think HGVC is superior to other VC's in many ways? More upscale? Anyone know the approximate resale cost of what I am describing so I have an idea of what we would be paying for resale vs. new? Pros/cons with new purchase? Any advice and info is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! Heather

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Parc Soliel is practically brand new, and so stands out. But its in the middle of nowhere.
Seaword is closer to the action at Sea... and Universal.
I-Drive (Tuscany) is classy and closer to Disney.

When you do the sales "tour," do not be cowed or guilt-tripped into agreeing to anything, especially those bogus
numbers (math can lie). Also, have a watering-hole picked out for afterwards, when you need time to decompress.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I like both Seaworld and International drive, both nice.

In regards to purchase Gold season is 5000 points and should cost less than $5000. Trading is through RCI and based on points: 4800 gets you highest season in a 2 bedroom and HGVC trades very well I hear in RCI.

My opinion is to purchase platinum season though for more points per maintenance fee.

The lowest HGVC maintenance fees are the Las Vegas resorts.

ParcSoleilMom

Reaction score
Parc Soleil

We just purchased at Parc Soleil. We are Disney Veterans and found it very simple to get to all of the parks in pretty quick time. There are plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes of the resort. The kids loved the pool and the slide. Just my 2 cents.
Have a great trip!
Tara

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
do the sales "tour," do not be cowed or guilt-tripped into agreeing to anything, especially those bogus
numbers (math can lie).

Math does not lie, just manipulated. Sales people don't lie, they just get overly excited about the truth. :D