• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Meal plans at Nuevo-GrandMayan,Bliss or Luxxe

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience or advice about what's involved with the meal plans at Nuevo Vallarta location?

We're staying at Luxxe and family members are staying at Grand Bliss and Grand Mayan.

I would like to know if there's any difference in the meal plans between the three resorts?

current pricing etc.?
Thx

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No difference. It a good value. I would not buy the every meal deal, as the breakfast buffet is all you need until dinner, and is open till noon. If you're going out for dinner at some point, tours etc. Buy less than what you need.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will help - I just received this from the concierge:

Dear Guest,

In order to invite you to discover our different restaurants during your stay and offer an attractive promotion we designed two different Meal Plans, explained as follow:

The first meal plan, CHACMOL costs $ 1, 380.00 and includes 6 breakfast buffet coupons to enjoy our different restaurants.

The second meal plan, BALAM costs $ 3, 747.00 and includes 6 breakfast buffet coupons and 6 either lunch or dinner coupons to enjoy our different restaurants.

Important:
You can use your meal plan at any restaurant in the Resort, including the Mayan Palace in Puerto Vallarta.

Breakfast:
Each coupon offers all the ingredients of a Breakfast buffet according to your choice. Additional drinks (sodas, cocktails, beers etc.) are not included. Please advise your waiter about your breakfast Meal Plan coupons when ordering.

Lunch or Dinner:
Each coupon includes an appetizer, a main course and a dessert. Two meal plan lunch or dinner coupons will be necessary when ordering a main course meant for two people. Some specialty items in Punta Arena, Tramonto and Gong restaurants will require 2 or 3 lunch or dinner coupons. Examples: *Peking duck dish in Gong requires 3 coupons, and *American lamb chop requires 2 coupons.

Please advise your waiter about your lunch or dinner Meal Plan coupons when ordering.

Meal Plan coupons cannot be used for Room Service or any Special Events organized within the Resorts such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc. Promotion over promotion doesn’t apply.

We invite you to enjoy our Theme Nights (Monday and Thursday). Lunch or Dinner Meal Plan coupons are welcome as payment for these events, includes food and lots of fun. Since we have limited seating on these theme nights your reservation will be mandatory. Please stop by the concierge and make your reservations.

Our Meal Plans do not include beverages and tips; they are not refundable and cannot be replaced in case of loss.​

You can contact the concierge at econciergenv@grandluxxe.com

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I cannot believe those prices! Just breakfast for $1,380 - is that a typo???

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, all prices are in pesos.

Six breakfast coupons are approximately $83USD
Six breakfast and six lunch/dinner coupons are approximately $224USD

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sorry - I didn't know that $ was used for Pesos.

Is this correct:

$14 US, per person, per day for breakfast buffet.

$37 US, per person, per day for [breakfast/lunch or dinner]

Can't you eat well in Mexico for less?

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me

And it's open till noon.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I freaked. Haven't been there for awhile, but if you buy anything get the breakfast buffet. It is REALLY good, and open till noon.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But for a family of 4, breakfast would be over $330 for 6 days. I don't see that as a good value.

If this includes alcohol, maybe it appeals to people who like to drink at breakfast! ;)

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, you are at a resort. And believe me breakfast buffet is worth it you will not be disappointed with that. Also, is this a deal offered before you go? Reason I am asking, last we were there they had more programs that what you were offered. All we ate was breakfast and dinner. Is this a special only available before you come?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Is this correct:

$37 US, per person, per day for lunch or dinner.

Puerto Vallarta is a fantastic "foodie" town, so *I* wouldn't want to eat all my meals in one resort, no matter how nice the resort is. But, eating out in PV can be expensive. You can see typical price ranges for some of the most popular local restaurants here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g150793-Puerto_Vallarta.html I know a lot of people who like all-inclusives, so the coupon packages might be a good middle ground option for them. You don't have to purchase the coupons before you arrive, you can purchase the coupons any time.

There are less expensive places to eat in the Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta/Bucerias area, but the coupons are probably a good deal if you use them for the nicer restaurants on property - which are supposed to be excellent. The $37/day price includes breakfast AND lunch or dinner, so it doesn't seem too far out of line for a high end resort. It is nice that you can choose when/where/who uses the coupons. I've read that many couples buy one breakfast/dinner coupon package and share it between the two of them over a week. Apparently, the 3-course meals are generous enough to feed two, with maybe an additional appetizer or salad. The breakfast buffets are full meals with lots of options, and are open until noon.

BTW, the absolute best food bargain (price and quality) in Puerto Vallarta is Restaurant Week (always the last two weeks of May), when 3-course meals are $199(MXN) or $299(MXN). Here are the menus from 2015 http://virtualvallarta.com/puertovallarta/bm.doc/restaurant-week-2015.pdf We try to get down to PV every year for this, and plan our vacation around which meals we want to try!

(I've never been to any of the Grupo Mayan/Vidanta resorts before. I'm doing research for an upcoming stay with family in a 3BR at NV Grand Luxxe.)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pam - thank you for clarifying.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am going by memory from last April at MP marina .
I believe the prices are a savings from the individual meal price ie on the breakfast buffet and since alcohol is not included it works better than an AI resort for other meals --if you generally do not drink at meals .
I also do not believe the coupons are person specific - so a family group could buy two and use as needed - you and spouse get full meal and let your teen order a burger or salad a la carte .

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
The breakfast buffets at the Grand Mayan resorts are very elaborate and tasty. If husband & I go to the buffet, we would be unlikely to eat another meal for the rest of the day.

We're heading to the Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta in a few weeks and we only booked a studio. I've actually been wondering if our cheapest/easiest bet dining-wise is to just hit the buffet late morning and leave it at that. I think if you go in the last hour they serve, it's something like $10.

If you can exhibit some self-discipline, you could actually eat a decently healthy meal- fruit and eggs and oatmeal and things like watermelon juice. Unfortunately also pastries and a killer hot chocolate. ;)

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa

Is this correct:

$37 US, per person, per day for [breakfast/lunch or dinner]

Just to clarify a bit more.

It is $14 for the breakfast brunch - which is an extensive spread including expansive breakfast options, carving stations, desserts. It will be breakfast & lunch on the days used. We only will do this once or twice (too much food), but is great for last day before flight home.

The dinner cost is $23.50 - not $37 per dinner - and basically nothing is excluded. It is not intended for those eating as cheaply as possible on the resort; it is for those who prefer to sample the highest price items on the menu, including appetizer and dessert.

It should be noted that all the restaurants on site offer a wide variety of items and prices. The highest end items (e.g.steak and lobster) are quite pricey. To get those, including appetizer and dessert, for 23 bucks total is good.

For a party of four adults, we often will use 2 of the dinner coupons and share the appetizers and desserts - plenty of food.

The bottom line: they are a good deal for people that like to splurge cheaply - not for those trying to eat as inexpensively as possible. When we are loaded down with grandkids - NO MEAL PLANS.

Mike

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
We're heading to the Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta in a few weeks and we only booked a studio. I've actually been wondering if our cheapest/easiest bet dining-wise is to just hit the buffet late morning and leave it at that. I think if you go in the last hour they serve, it's something like $10.

We actually did that last summer with one of our family units and it worked well. On several days, we had the buffet breakfast and dinner was appetizers during happy hour at the swim up pool bars; the pool side restaurants have great appetizer offerings. The Grand Bliss (NV) pool bar was our favorite for this.

It was also great for the teens as they didn't want to stop play time for dinner with adults; they just snacked later or ordered something from room service.

Mike

Johnsp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe, Marriott, Worldmark
The last time we were at Grand Luxxe, there were special prices for breakfast from 7:00 to 8:00 and 11:00 to 12:00. The early special was about the same as the meal plan price and was a per person price. The late breakfast special was one discounted price for 2 people. If you are going to eat during these two times, ask about the breakfast specials and you may not have to buy the meal plan for breakfast.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to buy the meal plan for one person for a week, then share among a couple, since it's coupon based? I can't imagine eating breakfast and dinner there for the entire week but for a couple of days, maybe...

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not for breakfast as it is a buffet. As mikenk mention you can share dinner. Also, there are no names on tickets so yes buy what you think you would need.

Asl18940

Reaction score
If you have younger kids the breakfast plan is not worth it for them. They will have a kids option for you so don't buy the plan for them. If they are young what we used to do is buy two full plans for my wife and I. The kids would eat the appetizers at dinner, which was more than enough for them, and they would get the dessert. We are simply not app, entree, dessert people so it worked. Yes you can eat cheaper. So now that our kids are older, the four of us buy one breakfast book and two full plans. That gives us the option to go out a few nights. Don't use the coupons for lunch!! Lunch is actually much less than the value of the coupon. So only use for dinners.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any such options at the Riviera Maya location? We are headed there in two months and would love to skip cooking.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed the Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya concierge and they said they have no meal plans available.

Last edited:

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The meal plan option availability seems to change quite often. If you ask at check-in, you will probably be able to sign up for a plan.