• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Names on an II Marriott reservation

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I filled out the billing info for an AC redemption on Interval. The certificate says my name or my husband's name, so while not worried about the 2 of us checking in, will they switch the actual name on the reservation to his name at check in for the MR we might earn while there? Will II take care of that now? Or is it not a problem to worry about? He has the MR account. Not me.

Last edited:

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
He should give them his Marriott Rewards # at check in . It takes usually takes 5-10 days for the nights to show in the account after check out. If by a stange fluke they don't show after 10 business days just call Marriott Rewards dept and they will straighten it out. I myself have never had a problem.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I filled out the billing info for an AC redemption on Interval. The certificate says my name or my husband's name, so while not worried about the 2 of us checking in, will they switch the actual name on the reservation to his name at check in for the MR we might earn while there? Will II take care of that now? Or is it not a problem to worry about? He has the MR account. Not me.

They won't switch the names at checkin. All that has to be done is for his MR number to be attached at checkin. The only issue you might have is if you want to attach his MR number before checkin when his name is not the name on the reservation. You will likely not have success, just do it at checkin.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
He should give them his Marriott Rewards # at check in . It takes usually takes 5-10 days for the nights to show in the account after check out. If by a stange fluke they don't show after 10 business days just call Marriott Rewards dept and they will straighten it out. I myself have never had a problem.

+1

I've never had a problem putting DW's Marriott Rewards number on my folio at check-in so she gets the nights credit, even when she is not with me. Of course, she is listed on the reservation as a co-owner. It's not any different on an exchange because the exchanged property (and thus the II confirmation) still shows her name.

Last edited:

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It sounds like my problem isn't a problem at all. Even though the reservation is in my name, it does have his number attached and is showing up in the list of upcoming reservations.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1

I've never had a problem putting DW's Marriott Rewards number on my folio at check-in so she gets the nights credit, even when she is not with me. Of course, she is listed on the reservation as a co-owner. It's not any different on an exchange because the exchanged property (and thus the II confirmation) still shows her name.
I just checked our forthcoming reservations, as I was not sure whether both our names appeared or not.
My wife and I are co-owners on all ownership contractual documents, but for MVC home week reservations, they only show what they describe as the "Primary" owner
(and way back when, we were advised that only one of us can be the "Primary" owner)
Strangely though, for our II exchange reservations, both our names do appear!

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. It sounds like my problem isn't a problem at all. Even though the reservation is in my name, it does have his number attached and is showing up in the list of upcoming reservations.

It sounds as though its all set already, especially since it already shows under his list of resi. on his account. Enjoy your trip :)
BTW.. I'm at the J.W. Marriott in Bucharest , right now. Great place! As a Platinum Elite they gave us an Executive Grand Suite, lounge access, the whole 9 yards! Incredible staff,great food ,especially the pastries. I'd love to marry the pastry chef, LOL.

Last edited:

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked our forthcoming reservations, as I was not sure whether both our names appeared or not.
My wife and I are co-owners on all ownership contractual documents, but for MVC home week reservations, they only show what they describe as the "Primary" owner
(and way back when, we were advised that only one of us can be the "Primary" owner)
Strangely though, for our II exchange reservations, both our names do appear!

This has always been a pet peeve of mine with MVC. I purchased the AOC units in my name solely. Later when I was scheduled for surgery and medical treatment in 05 I had dh added to the title. Dh became the "primary owner". When I called to ask why the response I got was that "the Husband is always listed as the primary owner". Not that it mattered for us but it ticked me off and I asked to have myself listed as primary or to have both names listed on future reservations. I was told that their system wouldn't allow that. I still only get resort confirmations in dh's name but yet II has both. Amazing to me that Marriott systems have this ingrained bias !

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has always been a pet peeve of mine with MVC. I purchased the AOC units in my name solely. Later when I was scheduled for surgery and medical treatment in 05 I had dh added to the title. Dh became the "primary owner". When I called to ask why the response I got was that "the Husband is always listed as the primary owner". Not that it mattered for us but it ticked me off and I asked to have myself listed as primary or to have both names listed on future reservations. I was told that their system wouldn't allow that. I still only get resort confirmations in dh's name but yet II has both. Amazing to me that Marriott systems have this ingrained bias !
Your peeve is very understandable, the response you received is definitely not "always" correct though.
My wife is listed as the Primary owner for several of our weeks and it is only her name that appears on our reservations for those weeks.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your peeve is very understandable, the response you received is definitely not "always" correct though.
My wife is listed as the Primary owner for several of our weeks and it is only her name that appears on our reservations for those weeks.

Why am I not surprised ...lol. I gave up fighting with them about this back 10 years ago. You've now got me tempted to do it all over again :)