• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on II Accommodation Certificate

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received my first II Accommodation Certificate . Some of the places I wish to go are on this Accommodation Certificate. How does this work?. How do I find out which Resort are available?? TIA:hi:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You go through the process of searching an booking online using the AC as your unit. A grid will appear. You have to select no more than 6 checks. It will search for those month/locations. If you see something you like continue to book. I believe the fee for the June 5 one is about $264 plus tax where applicable.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you . I was able to find the dates that I wanted and the resort my only problem now is it shows 2/2with the little e, I'm assuming that means efficiency . But when I click on Exchange only the 2/2 show in the efficiency symbol is gone and a 0 is in its place. Does that still mean I get the efficiency studio ?

The resort is Boardwalk Resort and Villa in Virginia Beach

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Go ahead and go to the next page as if you were going to make the exchange with the AC, until it shows you the description of the exchange.

You can't accidentally make an unwanted exchange, because you have to put your credit card number in.

*Be aware that availability on the grid can be misleading - sometimes when you proceed, there is actually no availability.

Last edited:

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to the next page and click the exchange it's still only showing two bedroom two bath nothing about the efficiency anymore. I'm to the part where I have to put my credit card now

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I went to the next page and click the exchange it's still only showing two bedroom two bath nothing about the efficiency anymore. I'm to the part where I have to put my credit card now

If it were me (and I wanted it) I'd take a screen shot to document the info. on that page, and then put your CC in and proceed.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Assuming you are on a PC:

To take a screenshot and save it as a file.

Press the Windows logo key +PrtScn.

The screen will dim for a moment when the screen is copied and saved as a file in the Screenshots folder (which is in your Pictures folder).

On a Mac, it's command-shift-4, then use your cursor to draw a box around the page, and hit the space bar.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the Resort and the Dates I wanted !!!!:whoopie::rofl:
Thank you DeniseM for your help :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received one of those free Accommodation Certificates as well. Never used Interval although I have an account that was set up with them due to several Mandatory Starwood resorts that I own. I couldn't find any good resorts in any location that I would be able to visit before June 2. I was hoping to use it somewhere in Texas for a quick getaway but it seems there are no resorts offered in Texas. Would I be able to reserve something and have a friend use it and check-in. I know rentals are not permitted and I wouldn't even hassle with trying to rent out some of these no-name resorts that are available, but would consider reserving something and having a friend use it if he reimbursed me the $274 booking fee from Interval.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can absolutely gift a week to a friend - you just have to buy a guest certificate for them.

But both you and your friend should refer to it as a gift, not as something that he is reimbursing you for. ;)

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a dell Inspiron 15

For future reference, to take a screen shot, on your keyboard on the top row to the right is a 'print screen' button, hold down the 'control' button (usually bottom left) and hit the print screen button. Open up a blank document like Word and paste it there and save it and/or print it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the tip on the MAC. Where does it store the screenshot?

I think you can determine that in your setup - mine save on my desktop.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some notes I took on Mac screen capture:

- To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
- To copy the entire desktop, press Command-Control-Shift-3. The screen shot will be placed on your clipboard for you to paste into another program.
- To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (The file is saved as PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.)
- To capture a specific application window, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Spacebar. The cursor will change to a camera, and you can move it around the screen. As you move the cursor over an application window, the window will be highlighted. The entire window does not need to be visible for you to capture it. When you have the cursor over a window you want to capture, just click the mouse button and the screen shot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop. (The file is saved as PDF in Mac OS 10.3 and earlier.)

Add Control to the two shortcuts above to place the screen shot on the clipboard instead of saving it to the desktop.

Another method for capturing screen shots in Mac OS X is by using the bundled Apple utility, Grab, located in the Applications > Utilities folder. Grab is useful if you need to include a cursor or a menu in your screen shot, or if you want to save your screen shot to TIFF format. To include a cursor, first go to Grab Preferences and select the cursor icon you wish to have in your screen shot. To capture the screen with Grab, run Grab, then choose of the capture modes from the "Capture" menu: Selection, Window, Screen, Timed Screen.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
For future reference, to take a screen shot, on your keyboard on the top row to the right is a 'print screen' button, hold down the 'control' button (usually bottom left) and hit the print screen button. Open up a blank document like Word and paste it there and save it and/or print it.

Thank you :whoopie:, I have printed this off and taped it to my PC :D

maggiesmom

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thank you :whoopie:, I have printed this off and taped it to my PC :D

maggiesmom

Also, you may have a handy little tool called the 'Snipping Tool'

It may be found on your computer (PC LAPTOP) in the start menu (maybe), or in the "Accessories" folder, or by clicking/pushing the "Windows" key (start) and typing "Snipping" in the search box.

It makes screen captures easy and you can save where ever you like (and email etc...).

Try it for practice before you need it next time...always a good idea to capture exchanges/trades/deposits/etc...

cheers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How long after the exchange did your RAC show up?

VSE Accommodations Certificates are not linked to deposits - they show up in your II Acct. randomly. II does not give AC's for VSE deposits.

Last edited: