• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do people think it's worth the extra SO to book Ka'anapali oceanFRONT

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also note that half of the ocean front studios (those associated with the corner units) at WKORV don't face out to the ocean. They are on the sides of the building perpendicular to the ocean facing side.

Only two of four ocean front studios on each floor actually face towards the ocean. The other two are still nice and have a lanai, though.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
With Staroption reservations, check-in can be any day of the week that is available.

No Friday check-in only applies to home resort reservations.

Did I say otherwise?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
VSE on-line reservations does not give you the option of selecting an OF room. You can select how many bedrooms, but not your view. I have a feeling that if you're not an owner here, you're gonna have a hard time getting one of these rooms.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
VSE on-line reservations does not give you the option of selecting an OF room. You can select how many bedrooms, but not your view. I have a feeling that if you're not an owner here, you're gonna have a hard time getting one of these rooms.

This is something new for 2017 - you now have the option of using Staroptions to reserve an Ocean Front view, IF it is available.

Reserving Sat. or Sun. check-in during high season will be challenging (as always) but if you are flexible and have enough Staroptions, there is definitely availability.

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is something new for 2017 - you now have the option of using Staroptions to reserve an Ocean Front view, IF it is available.

Reserving Sat. or Sun. check-in during high season will be challenging (as always) but if you are flexible and have enough Staroptions, there is definitely availability.
What I am noticing is the SO reservations needing more than 148100 are getting easier.

8 months at WSJ this year was not a unicorn. We're back at Cauncun next winter though.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I say yes, but then again I think view is very important. The south OF balconies are much more spacious than the north side, but I'd book either side.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun

I know it's new - I'm just saying you can't do it on-line yet.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I know it's new - I'm just saying you can't do it on-line yet.

You can. When you check availability, if there are OF reservations available, they will be displayed and you can choose them and reserve them.

Example of current availability:

THE WESTIN KA'ANAPALI OCEAN RESORT VILLAS
LAHAINA, HAWAI'I
Check-in: Fri, February 17, 2017
Check-out: Fri, February 24, 2017, 7 nights stay
Villa Type: Studio Premium Villa | Oceanfront
Max. Occupancy 4
Low Availability
RESERVATION WINDOW: OPEN 06/17/16
REQUIRED STAROPTIONS: 81,000
RESERVATION DETAILS

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
You can. When you check availability, if there are OF reservations available, they will be displayed and you can choose them and reserve them.

Example of current availability:

I get it - they are just mixed in with the others. Thanks.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I am noticing is the SO reservations needing more than 148100 are getting easier.

8 months at WSJ this year was not a unicorn. We're back at Cauncun next winter though.

Nice, I think we spent a week trying to get a 10days WSJ booking at 8mos out last summer and ended up with a 1day in a studio followed by a 9days in a 2BR.

Figure those who banked for the first time are all spent out now?

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice, I think we spent a week trying to get a 10days WSJ booking at 8mos out last summer and ended up with a 1day in a studio followed by a 9days in a 2BR.

Figure those who banked for the first time are all spent out now?
Like this...

This is on 1/29. This has been available for two days now.
21f9e517f63d764b101dd02f726549dc.jpg

10 days in a 2 bed. Want this?
5a913704bfb20e19d448ab50a29ad56f.jpg

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Obviously people are willing to use more StarOptions for the ocean view because I can't find ANYTHING! I'm even having a hard time finding a 1BR Premium in early Feb. They appear in the future, with limited availability, but when you hit the magic 8 month out date, they all disappear. I guess everyone wants to see the whales next year!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This has been the norm for Feb. for a couple of years. Feb. is high season, and to get anything you have to make your reservation online at midnight at 8 mos., the night before the phone lines open, and be flexible on your date. Right now, [it looks like Sat. check-ins in Feb. are just about gone, but Fri. and Sun. are available.]

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
You are correct! Nothing at North, and only studios at South.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am okay with certain views costing more, it allows me to book the cheaper views for longer with fewer points. View is not usually high on our list. Great when we get a good view, but not a deal breaker when we don't. The view usually is only seen for the first 20 minutes of our stay when we walk out on our balcony after checking in. I am okay sitting on the balcony looking at a parking lot vs the ocean.

Just noticed, welcome to "the timeshare formerly known as Starwood" family. I know you will enjoy your ownership.