• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham points?

ibe555666

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you buy points without it being deeded to a resort?? What would be the benefits? What would be the disadvantages?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you buy points without it being deeded to a resort?? What would be the benefits? What would be the disadvantages?
Club Wyndham Access points are points owned by the Club. Those who have Access contracts pay maintenance fees which are an average of all the points the Club owns and any special assessments are also averaged and shared by the members. Members do not have their names on registered deeds, so are not subject to legal foreclosure on default.

You could also purchase what Wyndham calls a Discovery Package. That is a one time purchase of expiring points that don't have fees. There are some limitations in use of Discovery points.

One could also contract with a current owner to use some of his points for a fee. In that case a reservation would be made for you and a guest certificate issued in your name. A few Platinum VIP owners can offer such a deal for a better price than it might cost you to own and pay maintenance fees. This practice is called 'renting' :wave:

ibe555666

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fees etc

So are the fees generally higher than deeded?? Do you get less priority when booking? If someone was offering me points what would i need to know about them before accepting? Any additional details ?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I would consider Club Wyndham Access fees about average... and you actually get reservation priority at more resorts than if you were deeded at one resort.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fee on CWA points is around $4.90+ or -. As I recall has only gone up around $.15 since started. You would also have minimum $128 POA Fee making around $5.50 which is de facto average.

C WA points will probably cost more than most deeded resorts as many people do see extra value.

To use ARP for high demand weeks you will have to be booking at 13 month date as CWA inventory is separate and spread over year.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA took a lot of "dog" weeks off the HOAs unpaid list but they agreement Wyndham has with these HOAs (managed by Wyndham) is ALL DEEDS are offered ONLY to CWA when CWA wants them.

Yes, they have PRIME weeks but there are dog weeks also in CWA .. but the HOAs have their MFs being paid.

I own at deeded (UDI or Fixed Weeks) weeks to the resort I want to stay at. Yes, I might pay more for the UDI points but I SAVE money with the FIXED WEEKS as not CWP fees and not having to HOPE I can get a reservation next year for that week.

Yes, you can still find Fixed Deeded Prime weeks ... just have to look.

ibe555666

TUG Member
Reaction score
cost?

should you be able to get bonnet creek points on resale for NO COST? or do you think would have to pay something?? say in the 175000 point range, someone asking $1500.......free would be better?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
should you be able to get bonnet creek points on resale for NO COST? or do you think would have to pay something?? say in the 175000 point range, someone asking $1500.......free would be better?

There's no way you're going to get Bonnet Creek for free. $1500 for 175,000 is probably even on the low end of toady's prices. Three 154,000 point contracts sold recently on eBay for $2300, $3000 and $3350.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The only Wyndham points you are going to get free these days are going to be very small contracts, and those with high MF's per 1000 points at resorts that no one would need advanced priority booking.

You may stumble onto someone who has good points but just wants to get rid of them and doesn't know that Wyndham is taking back contracts for free. But you may be waiting months and months to find that person.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the PERFECT deal to buy ... really, to save $1500-2000?

How much energy in looking? How many hours of hunting? How many near misses as YOU sleep one more night on "IS THIS THE ONE?" You become a SLAVE to looking for 6 months or will you have 12 months as your limit?

It is like living room furniture ... that lumpy sofa with the sunken seat ... every night, you tell yourself, "GOT TO GET A NEW SOFA.. This one is killing me - my knees, my back, etc." How do you decide? I will tell you how .. your partner or best friend or a sibling ... telling you, "ENOUGH ... we are going shopping and YOU are buying a NEW SOFA. PERIOD. TODAY."

So figure out a decent deal .. at least this many points, this type (CWA or home resort of), and a range for buying (and not the lowest ... but in the higher end of the range).

Learn to SNIPE on eBay and/or make a few offers on listings on TUG ..... and just do it.

6 to 9 months of research on TUG and several vacation stays along with visiting possible resorts (just walk the property and TALK to the guests).... And write up a review of everything you look at; take pictures ... it will be easy to actually do it over ALL this FRETTING you are doing now.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
And don't forget about closing costs and the $299 fee for Wyndham to transfer it into your name.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
So are the fees generally higher than deeded?? Do you get less priority when booking? If someone was offering me points what would i need to know about them before accepting? Any additional details ?

As others said Access points fees are an average of all the resorts represented in the club. There are a few resorts such as Panama City and National Harbor that have fees lower than average for deeded owners. It's the nature of 'average' that some will be higher or lower.

If someone is selling/giving away Wyndham points, you would need to ask some questions about Access points regarding fees and closing, but if assuming a deed, you need to know:

what resort,
what section (if more than one),
if it was originally a fixed week converted to points or a UDI,
if it trades in RCI or II,
if any known special assessments,
if all fees and taxes are current, if current year's points are available,
who pays closing fees... things like that.

I think you probably should be reading the buying and selling section of the forum maybe?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
As others said Access points fees are an average of all the resorts represented in the club. There are a few resorts such as Panama City and National Harbor that have fees lower than average for deeded owners. It's the nature of 'average' that some will be higher or lower.

If someone is selling/giving away Wyndham points, you would need to ask some questions about Access points regarding fees and closing, but if assuming a deed, you need to know:

what resort,
what section (if more than one),
if it was originally a fixed week converted to points or a UDI,
if it trades in RCI or II,
if any known special assessments,
if all fees and taxes are current, if current year's points are available,
who pays closing fees... things like that.

I think you probably should be reading the buying and selling section of the forum maybe?
CWA is pure club, so there are no deeded owners. Club Wyndham Plus points are based on an underlying deed, for which the owner pays different MFs depending on where they own.

CWA MFs are the average of the MF of all deeds held by the club. It isn't exactly the average of all properties with CWA, it is weighted by number and room type of deeds held within the properties.

Last edited: