• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV—These are a few of my favorite things

gdonnersc1

Reaction score
My wife and I recently spent 4 weeks at WKORV and had a wonderful time. I have not seen a lot on things to do, so I thought I would put this together and others could add to the thread.

Dining Out:

Our two favorite restaurants, hands down, are Mala and Honu which are next door to each other on the water near the Lahaina Cannery Mall and owned by the same individual, Mark Ellman. Both have an excellent wine list—make sure to ask for recommendations, as many bottles are unusual but very nice, reasonably priced and pair well with the food. Try the rock shrimp pizza at Honu. Mala also has a great brunch on Saturday and Sunday. It is exactly a 4 mile run or walk from WKORV along the water, a great way to wake up your appetite.

Pulehu, the Italian restaurant at WKORVN is also quite good but a bit pricey. But (and we didn’t discover this until our last week) they have a wine tasting on Monday late afternoon for $20 which is excellent and a bargain. And to make that better, they told the people at our tasting that we would get 50% off any bottle of wine at dinner at the restaurant that night. That is a true bargain.

CJ’s Deli and Diner—this is our go to breakfast place. It is in the Fairway Shops in Kaanapali and they make terrific omelets and pancakes. We would go there most often after our morning runs. No views but great food. We also had their fish tacos for lunch and they were very good.

Massage and spa services:

Last year, we spent some time at the Four Seasons at Manele Bay on Lanai and had terrific massages from someone on their staff named Lelle. If you like deep tissue massage, Lelle is the one. This year we found out that she opened up Spa Lelle in Lahaina across Wainee St from the Hilo Hattie shuttle stop and we went there once a week. We would highly recommend her. You can reach her at 808-419-0030.

Dining In:

Nothing is better then fresh (and I mean FRESH caught that day) fish from the Fish Market to barbeque at WKORV. One day they had swordfish and it was the best swordfish I have ever had. But everything there is super fresh and good. They even sell marinades to use to prepare the fish. The Fish Market is at 3600 Lower Honoapiilani Road. It is a little bit past the Times Supermarket.

Whale watching and snorkeling:

We have done this out of both Lahaina and Kihei and by far our best experiences have been with Blue Water Rafting out of Kihei. It is a drive to get there but worth it. We have done both the snorkeling at Molokini (which we think is the best snorkeling off of Maui) as well as the Kanaio Coast which is really special but the seas can be very rough. If you are there during whale season, they offer a combination Molokini and whale watch trip. The best whale watching trip we have ever been on.

Golf:

It is a long drive, but we have found that if you want to avoid the rain and wind, the best golf is at Wailea on the Gold and Emerald courses. The best deal there is three days (they don’t have to be consecutive) of unlimited play for $495 including use of the practice range and a cart. Gannon’s, the restaurant in their clubhouse, is also well worth a visit.

I hope you enjoy and I look forward to seeing other people’s favorite things which we will benefit from next year.

Vacation4us

TUG Member
Reaction score
Breakfast

Another very good breakfast place is Java Jazz on Lower Honoapiilani Rd, next to Snorkel Bob's, near the Times market.

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
Another very good breakfast place is Java Jazz on Lower Honoapiilani Rd, next to Snorkel Bob's, near the Times market.

+1 on this. We wandered in there a few years ago and ended up eating there several mornings that week.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the Castaway Cafe at the Maui Ka'anapali Villas and the Gazebo at the Napili Shores for breakfast. Both have great food, reasonable prices and fabulous ocean views.

Another favorite spot for a late breakfast (10:00) is the Plantation House at Kapalua. They have a great custom ground coffee from Maui Oma Coffee Roasters. We order the coffee from Maui Oma and have it shipped home!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Great list! I also like Malo, but haven't been to their other restaurant (yet). My favorites are I'O and Pacific'O, just south of the main retail section of Lahaina on the water. They have their own farm up country so the vegetables are super fresh.

dlca1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our two favorite restaurants, hands down, are Mala and Honu which are next door to each other on the water near the Lahaina Cannery Mall and owned by the same individual, Mark Ellman. Both have an excellent wine list—make sure to ask for recommendations, as many bottles are unusual but very nice, reasonably priced and pair well with the food. Try the rock shrimp pizza at Honu. Mala also has a great brunch on Saturday and Sunday. It is exactly a 4 mile run or walk from WKORV along the water, a great way to wake up your appetite.

+1 on these two recommendations. Also two of our favorites. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but is nice inside. The food is great and the view is even more breathtaking.

One more to add to the list. Sansei at Kapulua. They have amazing crab ramen and some type of broiled butterfish. I can't remember the details, but they have 50% special once a week at opening and possibly also late at night. You basically show up before opening (warning-- there WILL already be a line). Almost everything is 50% for an hour or so.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha Mixed Plate is one of our absolute favorites. In fact, we are having our after-wedding dinner reception there in September. :D

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Sometimes if the wait is super long at the Gazebo we'll go to Sea House Restaurant. It has a great view and the food is just as good at least breakfast is. I haven't gone for dinner or lunch.