• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International provides direct email for TUG member support

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice resource! I had a question about how to identify the date when I placed an exchange request and received a response in less than 24 hours. :cheer:

Nietzsche

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent Service From Tugmembers eMail

Just wanted to let everyone know my experience using the tugmembers II email. I had a problem with one of my II units which I had been unable to resolve with customer service via phone, even after repeated attempts. I emailed the tugmembers email and within one day I received a reply from Mark at Interval to inform me the problem has been corrected. What an excellent service! Thanks Mark and TUG!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that is fantastic, im glad they have kept up with this!!!

kudos to Interval!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have always had very fast responses from the II Members Mailbox. Though mine were general questions, not related to any problems I have had.

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
This past week I also contacted the TUG II email, and Mark was kind enough to call me directly to answer my questions. He was extremely helpful-- and patient!-- when explaining some of the more confusing aspects (to me) of trading.

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool. My first question will be why do I see tons more availablilty with the free certificate they just gave me that expires in 2/2014 for no reason as opposed to my yearly a/c......perhaps the higher redemption fee.....

I wonder that same thing!

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recieved notification today that Interval has created a special email address specifically for TUG members who need direct assistance with II questions/concerns/issues.

tugmembers@intervalintl.com

feel free to use this email for appropriate situations where perhaps the regular website or phone number is not getting you the information you need.

Sounds really good untl you try it. It has been two days and they still haven't replied to my email of how to deposit my week at Alii Kai II resort into the II system.

At least I didn't have to wait 15 minutes for the "I'll be right back" comment from the II representative. II is really good at wasting my time.

My error: Fine print states they do not answer emails during the weekend.

Sterling:mad:

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Often if you can't do it yourself online, then it is something that you would need to call your management company to do.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Often if you can't do it yourself online, then it is something that you would need to call your management company to do.

There was absolutely no problem adding the Maui Schooner to my profile.

After five calls to II regarding the Alii Kai addition it is time for action from II.

Sterling

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)
I wrote the II TUG email address last night about some recent issues, and Mark called me once again to discuss my concerns. I have found him to be incredibly helpful and accommodating. He has a great wealth of information and is very willing to discuss anything I bring to his attention.

I would agree with the other posts that the goal of providing this direct email access and assistance to TUG members is to encourage people to stay with Interval-- and I think that having this resource is a great way to accomplish that. Thus far Mark has always been extremely receptive and informative. Honestly, if it hadn't been for his help on several matters, I wouldn't have continued to be a member of Interval. I hope that other Tuggers are making use of this opportunity.

It's unfortunate that the above poster didn't return to tell us what ended up happening in his situation-- I'd be interested to see how he fared and if his email was responded to satisfactorily.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just emailed II concerning an OGS trade match for a date prior to the check-in criteria I requested on my last contact.

I'll let you know how the issue is handled. Details intentionally missing to allow time for CS to respond.

Cheers.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just emailed II concerning an OGS trade match for a date prior to the check-in criteria I requested on my last contact.

I'll let you know how the issue is handled. Details intentionally missing to allow time for CS to respond.

Cheers.

Interval contacted me the very next morning and provided personal and professional support on the spot. The representative had already reviewed my portfolio and had the answers and solution to my problem.
This was personalized service in direct response to my TUG email.

If only all things were this professional and easy. Bravo II and TUG.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Since this problem happens not regularly but often enough that to hear it happened isn't a shock, what was the reason given and what was the solution given? Is it something regular users can do so it doesn't happen to us or is it something that would need to be cleaned up after it happens?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Interval contacted me the very next morning and provided personal and professional support on the spot. The representative had already reviewed my portfolio and had the answers and solution to my problem.
This was personalized service in direct response to my TUG email.

If only all things were this professional and easy. Bravo II and TUG.

Since this problem happens not regularly but often enough that to hear it happened isn't a shock, what was the reason given and what was the solution given? Is it something regular users can do so it doesn't happen to us or is it something that would need to be cleaned up after it happens?

I received a match/confirmation very quickly on an OGS. I decided to narrow my search to dates which better matched my vacation time (didn't have the exact dates when I placed the search) I cancelled the confirmation and shifted my search dates (which would eliminate a re-match to this confirmation). When I quickly received a match again, I assumed the match was within my parameters and didn't check until late in the evening--the march was for an even earlier date. I attempted contact but the phones were not accepting calls (very near closing time)

Long and short, the agent who modified my search miss-heard or miss-typed the edit to my search. This produced a search which could only match the week overlapping the beginning of my search period. (even earlier than the one I cancelled and outside my desired date range).

Moral of the story: review any modifications to an OGS and have the agent repeat the search back to you after the mod. AND anytime you receive a confirmation, review it immediately and call early.

Again, II was extremely helpful and the situation was quickly resolved. My emails/calls to II were well within 24 hours of the confirmation time.

elleny76

Reaction score
Will it be possible for anyone to send me a link to see the points I need to book a location in Bahamas_nassau with II? I have only RCI and curious to see how many points I need with a marriot TS to book with II that location. thanks

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
See this recent post: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238350

Number 2 has the link to the Marriott points to II grid. It is based on size and tdi.

I am imaging you are hoping for Harborside Atlantis. Generally the only deposits are for January and early February, very occasionally May and then September-December (non Thanksgiving and non Christmas/New year). If you aren't using Starwood priority you are unlikely to get anything larger than a 1 BR with a partial kitchen sleeps 4. Occasionally a very last minute 2 br might slip through priority.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I had a vey quick response to my email. Thanks Mark and Brian of course!
Silentg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recieved notification today that Interval has created a special email address specifically for TUG members who need direct assistance with II questions/concerns/issues.

tugmembers@intervalintl.com

feel free to use this email for appropriate situations where perhaps the regular website or phone number is not getting you the information you need.

Brain, the link did not work.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Depending on what email program you use, clicking the link will open your default email program where you can compose and send the message. If you use a web email service like Yahoo or GMail, then clicking the link won't work.

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted to Exchanging about a problem with one of my units seemingly losing trading power on Eplus and the cancellation of the trade not restoring the trade power. I emailed Mark based on links to this thread and I will update here as well.

ACE1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Android App

I have been having problems with the Android Interval App since April and their customer service has not been able to help me. My phone has stopped receiving the Getaway alerts when one of my favorites is available. I just know I am missing so many of the hard to reserve ones! I have talked to their IT department at least 6 times. Hopefully someone at this TUG link will be able to help me. I have no doubt it is operator error, but someone should know in IT what it might be. Thanks for letting me vent! Debbie

ACE1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been having problems with the Android Interval App since April and their customer service has not been able to help me. My phone has stopped receiving the Getaway alerts when one of my favorites is available. I just know I am missing so many of the hard to reserve ones! I have talked to their IT department at least 6 times. Hopefully someone at this TUG link will be able to help me. I have no doubt it is operator error, but someone should know in IT what it might be. Thanks for letting me vent! Debbie
I have been working with Mark since soon after I posted this message. So far no solution but I feel he is honestly working on it. Latest info is I think it does have something to do with my Android phone. I loaded the Interval App on my husbands Iphone and he is getting the alerts. I am not nor is my Android tablet. Anyone else with an Android having this problem?