• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What can I do with Tahiti Village timeshare?

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally had the TV timeshare transferred to my name last week. It is a odd year use beginning 2015. I couldn't wait any longer for the transfer, so I reserved a week at my Wyndham timeshare in Vegas for next month. What would be the best way for me to use this week for 2015? Should I bank it with TV or should I open a II account to use it for a future exchange in 2016? or does anyone have a better suggestion?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It all depends on what you want to do with it - if you want to exchange it, where and when do you want to go?

*In case you are wondering, it won't be a good rental, because there is more supply than demand in LV, and you are competing with a ton of cheap hotel rooms.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Looking to go to Southern California in July 2016 and Ft. Lauderdale, FL in July 2017.

You may not have enough trading power for July in Southern CA - that's a high demand trade, during high season, and your TS is not going to be a strong trader.

I'm not sure about Ft. Lauderdale.

Does this resort trade in RCI as well as II? If so, I'd go with RCI, where you will have a designated TPU value, and you will know what you can trade for and what you can't.

Last edited:

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Fort Lauderdale would be that tough to get in July. I suggest depositing it and see what happens. II will get you into the Marriott pool and there are Marriott Timeshares in Fort Lauderdale.

You might be able to rent the TV week? It's a very nice resort with a great location; we were there last winter for a week. It's not quite Marriott but I was perfectly satisfied.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunately, this timeshare is unlikely to have enough trading power for Marriott.

LV is overbuilt with timeshare which hurts both trading power, and rental rates.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Looking to go to Southern California in July 2016 and Ft. Lauderdale, FL in July 2017.

I agree with Denise regarding the question of trading power.

But if you include Palm Desert/Springs as part of Southern Ca., that would be an easy summer trade.

Also, if you put in your on-going search (OGS) a year in advance for Welk (Escondido) or the other inland San Diego areas, I think that you're likely to get a match. But that is just a guess.

You might also want to consider trading it for Big Bear, Tahoe or Sedona with an OGS.

When I put in an OGS, I will put it in early and will shot gun it. That is, I put in a couple of dozen places and a wide date range where/when I'd like to travel.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this timeshare is unlikely to have enough trading power for Marriott.

LV is overbuilt with timeshare which hurts both trading power, and rental rates.

But so is Florida in the summer. I'd give it a shot. It'd be great if someone here owned the Tahiti Village, and was a member of II to see what they can see. Anyone?

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
What would be the best way for me to use this week for 2015? Should I bank it with TV or should I open a II account to use it for a future exchange in 2016? or does anyone have a better suggestion?

If you want to use it next year and can do so within your own resort system, I'd just do that. There won't be a big mystery waiting game to see what you will get for exchange.

Being so late in the year, the trading power in the big exchange companies will be less than normal for a deposit. I am not sure how your resort works, but with most, you have to book a week at your home resort and then deposit it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
TV said it would take 2 - 3 days to post to my RCI account. When I checked RCI TPU calculator, it gave me range from 8 - 18. I'll post it as soon as find out.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TV said it would take 2 - 3 days to post to my RCI account. When I checked RCI TPU calculator, it gave me range from 8 - 18. I'll post it as soon as find out.

Next time - get the Rep. to commit to the TPU before you deposit.

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of today, the week I requested to be banked on July 30th, still does not appear in my RCI account. Does anyone know how long the process takes?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As of today, the week I requested to be banked on July 30th, still does not appear in my RCI account. Does anyone know how long the process takes?

They have to verify with your resort, so that is usually the hang up - I'd call.

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called RCI, they said call Tahiti Village. I talked to someone in their exchange department, posted the next day to RCI. Received 16 TPU to use by Dec. 2017.
Thanks for the advice.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would start searching RCI now for areas in which you may be interested to learn the TPUs required in each general area.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sounds like a pretty decent trader!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called RCI, they said call Tahiti Village. I talked to someone in their exchange department, posted the next day to RCI. Received 16 TPU to use by Dec. 2017.
Thanks for the advice.

Just to clarify, the maximum TPU is 60, so 16 TPU is a modest amount. However, if you are flexible about when and where you go, you will see a lot of exchanges for around 16 TPU. If you want a more expensive exchange, you can always deposit 2 years so you have a larger number of TPU's to work with.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
There are some timeshares in Fort Lauderdale that would be comparable to his 16 TPU in Tahiti Village. Every so often RCI slashes the TPUs you may want to wait for one of those specials! Good Luck!
Silentg

robhbev1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I exchanged the 16 TPU for a week in Cancun at the Royal Islander in July 2016. Thanks again.