• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lymphoma - it can happen to me - and did

taffy19

Reaction score
Everyone is so kind here and it does help a lot. It is scary to face these treatments but a lot of friends and relatives from the TUG members here seem to have won this battle so there is hope.

Since you are a fighter too and have a positive attitude as well, I feel confident that you will get better, Ellen.

Hugs and good vibes from CA. Stay strong and keep us informed.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
So sorry to hear this. My best to you!

H

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That fall was fortuitous, so your case got diagnosed sooner. Prayers for you, and your family, as you go through this together.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Put me in the TUGhugs line. Will be praying for you. Love your perky attitude.

Suzzanne

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Ellen, not another trial for you to go through. You WILL beat it, with your attitude and lots of hugs and good wishes from friends, including TUGgers!

{HUGS}
PJ

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh Ellen, what a year you have been through and yet you still have such a positive attitude. Please state strong and you will beat this disease. The treatment for lymphoma has come a long way in the past decade and the odds of winning this battle are getting better than ever.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
I'm wishing you the best through this.
Your spunk (I can't resist reading your posts) will get you through. And you will get through.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Oh Ellen, what awful news. I'm sorry to hear it. Good thoughts for you and your family as you wander this new road. Be good, take care of yourself.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Ellen, my prayers go out to you this morning--this beautiful Sunday morning. You really have had more than your share. You handle everything that comes your way with such grace.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Assuming your doctor is right (that you really do have a lymphoma and not some other problem), you first need a diagnosis. (If they are seeing enlarged lymph nodes, not every enlarged node is lymphoma.)

Lymphoma is common, and there are many different types of lymphomas. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas (NHL) are far more common than Hodgkin's, B cell tumors are more common than T cell lymphomas.

A decent starting point:
http://www.cll-nhl.com/2012/08/making-sense-of-all-different-lymphomas.html

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
My Prayers are with you.

Please get a second and third opinion from the best doctors you can find.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Dear Ellen:

Our prayers are with you. DW and I returned from a European tour in October 1992. Shortly after our return, DW developed a painful lump in the right axilla. It was metastatic breast cancer. Her mother developed a Non Hodgkins lymphoma in 1999. Both DW and her mother are doing very well.

We joined HGVC in 2001. I have had the pleasure of treating my wife and her mother to three cruises and four timeshare vacations using HGVC points. I am certain that you will have a good response to chemotherapy and that you will have many good times to enjoy.

Best wishes,

Pianodinosaur

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I am certain that you will have a good response to chemotherapy and that you will have many good times to enjoy.

Everyone on TUG means well, but don't assume that you will need traditional chemotherapy. Get a diagnosis first from a biopsy.

Hodgkin's is usually treated with chemo. But for some forms of Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, there's a chance that you might not need treatment initially. And there is also a possibility that even if treatment is needed, it might be immunotherapy rather than chemo. Monoclonal antibody therapy has dramatically changed how NHL is treated.

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ellen...You're a strong woman and you'll beat this. Keep the faith. Sending prayers your way....Andrea

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Positive thoughts and prayers sent your way

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen - May your family and friends support you and your strength and faith sustain you.

I wish you the best in overcoming this obstable.

elaine

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Ellen -

So sorry to hear of this latest challenge. Positive attitude and a good fight are the best weapons. You are in our prayers.

Can't say it any better than that!

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Every one of your messages warmed my heart so much. The biopsy is tomorrow. I'm scared,but I'm determined. THere are too many places to visit on this earth before I go - and besides, my kids need me. THEREFORE, I WILL WIN!!!!!

I will update. You have no idea what you all mean to me.
Love,
Ellen

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing you the very best as you determine the next steps towards your success in this health battle. Keep positive and remember that it's OK to lean on someone for additional strength.

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow, Ellen....you have a great attitude....you will beat this!!

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, I am so sorry you are having to go thru this. Good luck tomorrow on the biopsy and keep us informed, and talk ,and keep talking, it helps and lets all the stress out and the tears if so needed. Be kind to yourself and realize you wil have ups and downs and that is okay...we are all here for you and praying for you.

You might recall I am a breast Cancer Survivor, 3 years now.....has been a rocky 3 years filled with complications but I am a Survivor...and here on TUG , and Timeshare Forums and other sites is how I got thru my journey. I never would have made it without all the wonderful folks on here and the other sites...so I thank them all..including you as I recall you sending me prayers and such. Feel free at any time to PM me, I am here if you need to chat.

You go girl....sock it to Lymphoma....put it in remision...you can do it! :cheer: :cheer:

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Ellen, keeping you in prayer today as you undergo the biopsy. Praying the Lord will be a shield around you and give you strength, peace and complete healing.

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
You've been added to my prayer list! My husband had the benefit of hundreds of prayer warriors to give him extra time. I know prayers work almost as much as attitude. That positive attitude will go a long way.
Eileen