Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home | Resorts & Reviews| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > All Other Timeshare Systems > Non-traditional Interval Ownership

Non-traditional Interval Ownership Discussion of interval ownership programs other than traditional timeshares (fractional ownership, destination clubs, etc.)

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW! Add a 'Timeshare Vacation History' link to your posts! Learn How

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Member Banner Travels the World w/photos! Follow the Banner!

[No ad shown when registered users are logged in]

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 7, 2014, 06:01 PM   #176
chalucky
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 10, 05
It looks like war

Not an owner but I think we have stayed here more than fifteen times over the past 7 years.

Checked in yesterday for a 2BR. They spent ALOT of time telling my wife the new rules. Nothing is shared anymore with main (Park Hyatt hotel). No gym,
no pool, no gameroom. They will charge you for parking if you park there so they suggested we use the shuttle if we didn't want to walk. New fences prevent you from meandering into hotel from access road.

New partnerships/discounts for golf and tennis access at La Costa which is a plus.

Villas are great but if I was an owner who bought under the pretense that the hotel and villas were "connected" , I think I might be pretty unhappy.
chalucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2014, 06:09 AM   #177
GregGH

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 4, 06

Resorts: Four Seasons Aviara
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalucky View Post
Not an owner but I think we have stayed here more than fifteen times over the past 7 years...........(snip) .....Villas are great but if I was an owner who bought under the pretense that the hotel and villas were "connected" , I think I might be pretty unhappy.
Well for owners you just ripped off the scab on the wound ...ouch ...most of what you say is old history but in true 'Hyatt' style they are becoming even more of a dick-head organization ( things like FS staff parking or Owners golf packages ). This is a process to work thru and will take time. The Four Seasons organization hasty strong for the HOA from day one with many un-noticed items like stand alone phone system when the Hotel was separated.

The upcoming new Restaurant and Spa that is starting in Jan and due for April is another example of how we work thru this.

Sometimes things are what they are ... if OWNERS are still unhappy ... then time to move on. I as an owner look at my weeks with a 5 year plan and there will be a time for me to change ... and sure I miss that hotel . .. but it is what is ... and deal with it.

In the meantime I do what I can to avoid any Hyatt. These guys have been ...well... I gave you the technical term for them above.

It will be interesting to see impact on golf course as a large percentage of the use came from Residence Club members ( new mgmt of course just announced ... ?? ) ... Hyatt seems bent of being mean spirited regardless of what it costs them in the long run. Time will tell.

History will judge the Four Seasons Management as fair and balanced ... what you would expect from Four Seasons as a company. Also the background company ( Broadreach ) who owns the Hotel property is a major part of the 'attitude' as they struggle to be a ....well ...use the same term as Hyatt.

Greg

ps-just got back from a week at FS Punta Mita - added some notes in that thread.

Last edited by GregGH; December 10, 2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: added PS
GregGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2015, 02:42 PM   #178
GregGH

TUG Member

Hi

anyone tried the new layout for Resort reviews ?? Found a few coding bugs that I think Brian has corrected ....

BUT ...

Still have an issue ...here is copy of note set to 'manager' of Aviara TUG2 page ...

Any comments form other owners >

Regards
Greg ( here on week 2 of 10 )
=============================================
Hi
I still think this resort needs to have 'Park Hyatt" reference REMOVED. As an owner I find any mention of the Park Hyatt offensive.

How do we flag photo's for the resort that are NOT correct.... some are of the Hotel ( now a Park Hyatt ) and now is from ??? damm if I know
#1 has the old counter tops - before the renovation
#3 & 4 are from the hotel ...please remove
#10 is the hotel
#12 ...no here ...not sure were this is a pic of ??
#1 17 20 21 & 22 are the hotel ...please remove
Old August 5, 2015, 03:21 PM   #179
GregGH

TUG Member

Had a private message from Frank on this .... Hi Greg, We are thinking of buying a resale at FSA. Do you know anything about their point and exchange system.

Went to reply and thought ..why not share with all .. and other followers have points to add to make it even better ... that is the strength of a message board!

So ...here goes ...
1) never buy Four Seasons if you want to trade with Marriotts or Westin's ... but there are some options to trade into hi end fractionals ...

2) Aviara & Troon is Scottsdale were a initial test for FS ..they quickly found out that even more expensive options ( Vail, Punta Mita, Costa Rica & Jackson Hole ) made more sense. We traded a week ( paid the upgrade to a 3 bbd - way over the top unit that my daughter still talks about as being the best week ever ) at Punta Mita ( north of Puerto Vallarta ) ..but we enter a draw and sometimes you win and sometimes you don't. Be sure to buy from an 'approved' reseller to be eligable for these draws ... never expect Christmas or Easter for the draws ...what these owners paid for their fractional ... you get the 'leftovers' ... for us that was early Dec ...and loved it ... OMG ... still remember the 36' wide sliding glass walls we slide open every day and the plunge pool on the baloney.
What blew me away in Punta Mita were how few fractional condo units there were in this big complex ... a vast majority are wholly owned by some lucky few.

3) resale prices are indicative of the economy ( like way down ) ... and as I have said before for us this is overkill but the least expensive way to enjoy the quality standards of a 'Four Seasons' resort. There is a huge difference between here and the 'others' ... some Tug'ers understand that and other's don't ... and so be it...
A good test ..is if you love to fly business class when you find 'good value' tickets ... if you never fly business class ....then maybe other Time Shares are for you ( with cramped and weak service ).

Life is short ... plan well but enjoy it while you can ....

Any other comments ....

Regards

Greg
Old August 5, 2015, 03:59 PM   #180
frankieray
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 17, 15

Resorts: Marriott Timberlodge Desert Springs DP
Four SeSons purchas

Thanks Greg for the info. Love to fly business class. So should we buy a one or two bedroom at Aviara? The one bedroom is huge 1,300square feet, but is it good for trade? Also this Elite Alliance cost$395 a year plus MF. Can you trade without belonging to Elite or is it well worth the money to belong?
frankieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2015, 06:13 PM   #181
chalucky
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 10, 05
One more thought

You may need to buy two units in order to get any sort of preference for choosing your reservation week. Maybe Greg can advise you on this, but the approved reseller went on and on about this with us when we were considering buying.
chalucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015, 02:06 PM   #182
GregGH

TUG Member

Hi Frankie

I am not a good source on trading as we buy and use apart from the lottery to exchange within the FS system. Maybe others can add more.

The point of 2 units is you get to reserve 13 months out with multiple units ( vs 12 with a single reservation ). Again I am spoiled as we start in Jan for our weeks and Jan is a very weak demand month.

Greg
Old August 13, 2015, 01:08 PM   #183
SunLover2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 14
Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara - Request a Unit?

Hello -
We have an upcoming reservation at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara through an II Exchange 9/11-18/2015. Our Confirmation says "Studio or Hotel-Type, 1 Bath. And the Unit # is 0BED - that makes me a little nervous. I'm hoping we will get at least a Studio or one bedroom unit. I was going for the location and am excited, however we did exchange a 2 bedroom unit in this transaction.
I have never been in a position where I was interested in knowing whether I should request a unit - by either size or location - but think I may need to in this case. What do TUGGERS think? Any owners with some inside information for me?
SunLover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2015, 04:46 PM   #184
presley
TUG Review Crew: Veteran

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 20, 11

Resorts: HGVC, Shell, WM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLover2 View Post
Hello -
We have an upcoming reservation at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara through an II Exchange 9/11-18/2015. Our Confirmation says "Studio or Hotel-Type, 1 Bath. And the Unit # is 0BED - that makes me a little nervous. I'm hoping we will get at least a Studio or one bedroom unit. I was going for the location and am excited, however we did exchange a 2 bedroom unit in this transaction.
I have never been in a position where I was interested in knowing whether I should request a unit - by either size or location - but think I may need to in this case. What do TUGGERS think? Any owners with some inside information for me?
The studios are pretty nice there, but if your confirmation says studio, you cannot count on getting a one bedroom. I do not believe they have any "hotel" rooms there. I think they are all 2 bedroom lockouts. If you use Etrade, you need to remember to log in every day to look for inventory for a larger unit if you want a full kitchen and fireplace and a bedroom.
presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2015, 02:01 PM   #185
SunLover2
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 14
Thanks presley - I think we'll be fine in the "Studio" - it's just the two of us and we'll be out an about most of the time. I've used Etrade several times and unfortunately I didn't get it on this trade (dumb me). Actually spoke w/someone at the resort who said they could possibly upgrade us to a 1 bdrm villa for an additional $175/night charge - ha! My husband won't go for that! Excited to visit the area! I'll post a review for sure
SunLover2 is offline   Reply With Quote