• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redeeming citi Aadvantage pts

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just spent 20 minutes trying to redeem points for a Home Depot debit card and ended up with nothing but a headache.

Would some kind soul guide me please; step by step.:(

Mahalo, Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the points I get when I use an American Airlines Citicard Master Card. They are redeemable for AA airfare and also for a Home Depot debit card. I get bogged down when trying to convert them into the Home Depot debit card.:shrug:

Sterling

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
My Citi card offers cash back so I always choose that rather than use the points for anything else. Seems like a better value to me.

http://www.flyertalk.com/ might be able to help you more.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't understand how they would be good for Home Depot credit cards. When you earn miles through the Citi AAdvantage credit card, those mile are transferred directly to your AAdvantage account with American Airlines. Citi doesn't maintain a balance of AA miles. So I don't know what you would be spending. Is it possible to use AAdvantage miles to order Home Depot credit cards through American Airlines website

My wife has this credit card and this is the first I have heard of a redemption option of Home Depot.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Citi

ok now it is clear. You are talking about redeeming Thank you points from Citi. This has nothing to do with Advantage miles. if you have a citi advantage card you get AA miles. If you have a citi Thank You card, you get citi Thank You points which are redeemable for.a host of rewards. The best use of these points for most people is to redeem the Thank You points for AA travel since you get more than an 1 for 1 redemption if redeemed for AA travel. Exactly how much more is dependent upon the terms and conditions of your card. I have a Citi Prestige Card which earns Thank You points which gets 1 to 1.6 in AA travel. Of course, you can redeem for a Home Depot gift card, but you will only get a 1 for 1 redemption.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Y'all

Finally was able to redeem some of my AA miles today for debit cards from Home Depot, Macy's, and Outback Steak House.

Over the last five years I have only been able to score one Hawaii Round Trip with AA frequent Flyer miles so have switched to a points card for the majority of purchases.

Mahalo, Sterling :cheer:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Finally was able to redeem some of my AA miles today for debit cards from Home Depot, Macy's, and Outback Steak House.

Over the last five years I have only been able to score one Hawaii Round Trip with AA frequent Flyer miles so have switched to a points card for the majority of purchases.

Mahalo, Sterling :cheer:

I still don't understand how you redeemed AA Miles for debit cards. Was it thru the AA Shopping portal? The Thank You points and AAdvantage mile are from two different cards and are not related AFAIK.

Cheers

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Log onto aa.com
Input frequent flyer #
Check redeem miles
Check redeem miles for gift cards
If you aren't a member you may have to join Point.com
If you are a member that should make Points.com pop up
Sign into points.com with your name and password
Then a whole slew of organizations will show where you can redeem FF miles for various dollar amounts: Stores like Macy's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Circle K etc.
Take a couple Aleve, and shot of Jim Beam, 110% determination and plan on a couple hours of time--maybe days-- to work through the maze.
Points.com email help was very good about helping through this complex process.

Sterling

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Log onto aa.com
Input frequent flyer #
Check redeem miles
Check redeem miles for gift cards
If you aren't a member you may have to join Point.com
If you are a member that should make Points.com pop up
Sign into points.com with your name and password
Then a whole slew of organizations will show where you can redeem FF miles for various dollar amounts: Stores like Macy's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Circle K etc.
Take a couple Aleve, and shot of Jim Beam, 110% determination and plan on a couple hours of time--maybe days-- to work through the maze.
Points.com email help was very good about helping through this complex process.

Sterling

Thanks. Never knew about that option. I'll still redeem them for First/Business to Europe. Just returned from London via AA First for 115000 miles which would have been at least $5000 and more like $10000 :D

Cheers

Last edited: