• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Newbi questions

Reaction score
We are interested in purchasing a HGVC timeshare resale but am having a hard time finding information given we arent dealing directly with Hilton. Some background, we feel this type of time share is best for us given i travel a lot and use hilton hotels so we like the ability to roll our unused points into our HH account. It also looks like your points are good at any HGVC property regardless of where your actual unit is located, but im not 100% sure of that.
Couple of questions

Does anyone know where i can find some documentation on how the point system works, what the different levels are, how many i would need to say have 2 weeks available to me, etc.

What should i pay? I cant tell if points are treated differently therefore have different prices or if some people are more desperate than others to get out of the yearly fees. I understand that different locations cost more or less, but if all points are created equal in the hgvc world, i dont know why it would matter where i buy. Im sure im way oversimplifying that...

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything you need to know about it is in the link on how many points you would need.

http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/

If you are going after points, buy Platinum season with the smallest unit size. It will cost you a little more up front, but will save you in the long run (depending on how long you keep it) Hilton Grand Vacations Club's maintenance fees are based off room size.

For example, if you purchase a 2 bedroom in Orlando (easy to buy and get) through many resale.

SeaWorld 2 bedroom - Platinum Season is 7,000 points, Gold is 5,000 points, Silver is 3,500 points. You pay the same exact maintenance fees for the unit.

The other one is home resort and season. Unless you book your home resort and exact season, there are "extra fees" to book other weeks or days.

The fees are in the link above under the 2014 resources section.

There are two very good resellers out there. Seth Nock and Judi Kozlowski.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Exactly what i was looking for.