• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rant About HGVClub.com

brookberry

Reaction score
I am a newbie at HGVC and want to rant about the website. The "Revolution" booking system is painfully slow to use. Who still uses Flash? I bet when it was first released, it was a pretty cool, but nowadays, it's just too outdated.

How about a simple "Remember Me" feature so I don't have to keep logging in? How about keeping credit card on file to simplify booking process?

Some important features I hope they are considering -- a mobile phone/tablet app that makes and manages reservations! How about an agent kind of alert service that notifies you when there is a specific room available based on your criteria? Even further, how about an automatic booking when such criteria is met?

Anyway, I work in the internet industry so it's extra painful for me to use such an outdated system. Never used any other TS system website, wondering how does HGVC compare?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never used any other TS system website, wondering how does HGVC compare?

I think it has nearly the most dysfunction of any that I've used, with Shell being the only one that can beat it for issues. We do get messages from HGVC about once per year telling us that they are updating the system soon.

Revolution is really bad. It was the only choice when I first joined, but they soon added classic back because Revolution is such a dud. Now, I use classic most of the time, but when looking for open season, not all the inventory is in both systems. Elara often shows up in Revolution, but not in classic.

If you try to make a reservation online and it ends up failing at the end of it, or if you are trying to change a reservation and the system won't let you, you can call in and they will do it for the online price. Just tell them that what happened online during booking. They get these calls on a regular basis.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I like the Revolution feature that shows points cost on the screen, with classic you have to select the stay.

To speed up Rev, pick a resort, don't use all resorts in region.

We don't need search because we can see all availability, but you should book right at 9 months for best club season selections. Search is for systems that load weeks randomly, HGVC becomes available on a sliding calendar.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Revolution" isn't great, but it's way better than the "Classic" option. I've been an owner for almost 15 years and still don't understand the "Classic" view and what rooms are available, or not. While "Revolution" is slow to load, once you're in it couldn't be easier to see the available rooms and how many points they are.

One gripe I do have with "Revolution" is that it's not "smart". I have a unit booked for Breckenridge (Valdoro) for 3 nights starting on a Friday. I want to change my reservation and check-in on Thursday but still only stay for 3 nights. When I go to the change feature it shows that Thursday is available but Friday/Saturday are NOT. So it won't let me change. But I already have Friday/Saturday so they actually are available in my same unit size/type. So it's dumb and because of that I can't book the change. I'll probably call tomorrow when HGVC is back open and see if they'll do it for me. :annoyed:

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Welcome to the club. Many of us have been ranting about the Revolution system for years--and are still waiting for the functionality the Classic system used to have.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I used complain about worldmark's reservation system until I bought into HGVC. I don't complain about WM anymore. Seriously they've know about that change issue for years now it can't be great hard to fix. The one change I have noticed is that it used to lock up for me while loading, haven't seen that in a while.

Btw - now that we are into September when does it really start getting bogged down from rescuing, etc. I think I remember the madness starting about November? Just want to make sure all my transactions are done by then.

Ian

JM48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ian,
Last year they offered a discount to rescue points.
I think it is around the middle or end of Nov. & it is $10.00 off.

I think they try to slow down the rush at the end of the year.

JM

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The problem is they contracted some klutzy IT firm design it for them.
Send an e-mail to the attention of Kim Krieger (Hilton VP for the Club).
In a pretty newsletter, he promised a new booking system... about 2.5 years ago, IIRC.

drbrandt

Reaction score
Been a member for 4 years. Revolution is definitely not perfect, but by and large I am able to do what I need to do to book rooms that are in the system. What I like is that I can see availability of rooms in the system one year out (even if I cannot reserve until 9 months out). This gives me a heads up on how difficult it will be to get the room I want when I want. But as noted, you have to call in if you are sliding out your 3 day changeable reservation.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Been a member for 4 years. Revolution is definitely not perfect, but by and large I am able to do what I need to do to book rooms that are in the system. What I like is that I can see availability of rooms in the system one year out (even if I cannot reserve until 9 months out). This gives me a heads up on how difficult it will be to get the room I want when I want. But as noted, you have to call in if you are sliding out your 3 day changeable reservation.

+1

I really like Revolution. Classic is too painful to use as a forecast tool.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Classic System vs. Revolution System

+1

I really like Revolution. Classic is too painful to use as a forecast tool.
Ihad been sucessfully using the Classic System to reserve and change reservations quickly and efficiently when they rolled out the Revolution system. I made it clear to Hilton when asked that the Classic System was faster and better for me. I couldn't understand why they gave up the Classic System for the Revolution system. They thought that they made the right decision until the Revolution system ground to a halt do to the overloading of member making reservations, searching, and changing reservations. I guess members who felt like you gave feedback that they liked the Revolution System to support their decision.

Well differences of opinions is what makes the world go round. I just hate that I have to call up all the time to change a reservation when I could change it myself 24 hours a day 365 days a year using the Classic system before they messed with it.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
.... But as noted, you have to call in if you are sliding out your 3 day changeable reservation.

I agree with Revolution's shortfall as it relates to making changes to a reservation. IMO, the pluses out weight the minuses. Revolution is much better at displaying availability and tracking trends.

Just sharing 1 opinion.