• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Roboform

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
When I sent my laptop to be repaired, I followed the instructions below, which were posted somewhere here in the lounge, to remove my Roboform identities and logins. However, I need some suggestions because I am unable to restore them by the method posted. The folder "My RoboForm Data" is now showing as being in C Drive and the content is inside but the Roboform icon on my bottom right tool bar is faded out with a red X on it and there is no content. Thanks.

>>The easiest way to do this is go to My Computer, click on the C drive and you will see a folder named "My RoboForm Data". Right click on the folder and select "cut" and then "paste" it to a flash drive (or burn it to a CD). When you get your laptop back just cut and paste it back onto the C drive and you won't have to enter the passwords again.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You want me to guess?

Exit roboform. Copy all the data back, and restart it. See if that works.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

-David

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmm....

You want me to guess?

Exit roboform. Copy all the data back, and restart it. See if that works.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

-David

Do you mean to go into startup and remove it from the list to run on my lower tool bar? I didn't have the program open to a window when I tried this. Not sure how you meant to "copy all the data back." I just did as the instructions said.. found the folder on C, right clicked and hit cut, and pasted it to a memory stick. Reversed that and nothing.

Thanks!

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I had to Guess:

You should be copying it back to the place where you removed it from.

Not to the C drive but to the exact directory or likely a sub directory of RoboForm.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean to go into startup and remove it from the list to run on my lower tool bar? I didn't have the program open to a window when I tried this. Not sure how you meant to "copy all the data back." I just did as the instructions said.. found the folder on C, right clicked and hit cut, and pasted it to a memory stick. Reversed that and nothing.

Thanks!

I also have roboform, and it's a great tool.

What I meant is to right click on the system tray icon for roboform and select exit from the pop up menu. First exit all browsers, etc, because you also don't want to be running roboform add-ons or browser plug-ins when you mess with it's data.

Then, make sure you really already have all the files backed up onto the memory stick (don't overwrite them again), and if you do ...

Go to the folder on the C drive, and delete the contents there. For me, this is in My Documents\My RoboForm Data\Default Profile. If you changed to a non-default profile, or have more than one profile, adjust these instructions to suit your setup. If you changed the location of the roboform data files from their default location, adjust to suit your setup.

Re-copy everything over to the correct folder on the C drive. The files you backed up should now be in My Documents\My RoboForm Data\Default Profile

What I see in that folder are a bunch of .rfp files and a few other files.

When you are done, restart roboform from the start menu.

I don't think you needed to delete anything from roboform before you sent off the laptop. All you needed to do was logout of roboform before sending the laptop off. Everything in those files is encrypted anyway. As long as you have a strong password for roboform itself, you should be safe.

Good luck.

-David

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks....

Thanks David. I'll try that.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right click on the RoboForm icon on the task bar. Select "Options" then "User Data" then "Set Folder" then select the folder where the passwords are kept and press OK. Everything should be back.

Mike

Sounds like a very reasonable and easy thing to try first.

-David

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks.

Too late, but thanks. David's didn't work and I had printed it all out before I removed it so I just re-entered each one. I needed to weed it out anyway.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow .. sorry you had to do that. I back up my roboform data automatically. I'm using sugarsync for backups now, so any files that change or are new are automatically backed up.

I'm sure there's a relatively easy to restore from a backup, but I've never had to do it.

-David