• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanting to get rid of Silverleaf resort timeshare!!! I don't need money for it!!

Erikel0718

Reaction score
If you want to buy it fine. But I don't care.I'm just looking to get rid of all the financial burdens it has brought. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Luckily I am not in the situation of owning a timeshare that I did not want BUT if I were then this is what I would do. Typically when I give advice I try to put myself in the shoes of the person.

Most of these give it back companies I have seen are scam artist I wouldn't trust em.

Scenario two is a WORSE CASE SCENARIO

Scenario One
See if I were within the window still to exercise buyers remorse for the state I purchased the timeshare in. If this did not apply I would move to Scenario two.

Scenario Two
If I owned a timeshare where I owed $20,000 or something bonkers like that and to my knowledge a lot of timeshare companies will not allow resale unless you have a warranty deed owing $0 so reselling this in most cases would NOT be an option if this applies. I would default on the timeshare and have it foreclosed ruining my credit and prior to doing so try to position myself where I wouldn't need a loan for a very long time and wait for the FCRAs statue of limitations for reporting the bad mark to fall off.

Scenario Three
If I owned the warranty deed owing a $0 balance on the timeshare and there was some resale value DVC timeshare etc then sell it for money try to recoup some of the money back out of it.

Scenario Four
If the timeshare was paid off and I had the warranty deed and there was no resale value I would see if the resort would take it back in some instances they do if it is paid off.

Scenario Five
If the timeshare was paid off and the resort would not allow deedbacks. Also the timeshare had no resale value then I would try to give it away for free. If really desperate I would try to offer an extra incentive like paying next years maintenance fees allow free usage for one year and pay closing cost etc.

Be very skeptical of give it back companies I personally wouldn't trust any of them. If you bought a timeshare from a resort I would say once burnt lesson learnt and try to not fall victim to other scams.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also to add to the above I am a self-proclaimed Silverleaf expert. If you are wanting to get rid of your Silverleaf account and the account is paid in full and has a zero balance they do in fact accept deed backs at no additional cost I know because my mother-in-law is currently going through the process of giving them back a blue week based on my recommendation. She already owns a red week ambassador unit with endless escapes. She could just use the endless escape time to book the blue week for free. They tricked her with diamond benefits having owning two weeks. Diamond benefits vs presidential/ambassador benefits are almost identical and the extra mf simply isn't worth it. The diamond concept was built as a means to entice owners that owned solid red weeks to buy useless blue and white weeks for a ridiculous amount of money.

To qualify as I stated in the above you must have the warranty deed meaning the timeshare is paid off and has a zero balance.

Sorry you fell victim to the whole timeshare scam thing is what it is imho a scam.

Welcome to tugbbs btw stay here and learn about timesharing.

Timesharing is not all bad if you learn the ins and outs and spend the time to learn you can actually vacation for dirt cheap if you play your cards right.

Always buy resale.

Last edited:

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
[If the OP posts that info. here, it will be a virtual Ad, and we will have to remove it, so this would be a good question for an email or PM.]

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if they are giving it away, we can just move this to the bargain deals section.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you want to buy it fine. But I don't care.I'm just looking to get rid of all the financial burdens it has brought. I want nothing to do with it anymore. Please help.

Silver leaf are now part of HICV why not wait and see how this will change the value of your timeshare?
Silentg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

I thought of that, but since the post has no info., it would be better if they wrote a [new] complete post, on the Bargain Deals Forum.

Last edited:

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Silver leaf are now part of HICV why not wait and see how this will change the value of your timeshare?
Silentg

Unfortunately nothing changes for Silverleaf owners as of now the word from both ends is HICV owners get access on inhouse exchanges to Silverleaf but Silverleaf access doesn't change.

Now Silverleaf owners with bonus time can pay the developer to swap over to their HICV club points and keep bonus time. I personally wouldnt recommend anyone doing this.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score

If the Op lets us know that the timeshare is paid off in full then I agree; however, Silverleaf will not allow for facilitating a sell or giving it away unless the timeshare is paid in full.

:)

Reaction score
Interested in possibly assuming the Silverleaf Deed

Hi, I may be interested in helping if it is a Red season Presidential/Ambassador with Bonus Time that will transfer (some deeds do allow for a transfer and it would need to be confirmed with Silverleaf).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This post is from 2015, and Erik has not been back to TUG since then, but you can click on his blue user name and send him a message.