• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Info company (Brokers Worldwide LLC)

Loghtyrian

Reaction score
Hello guys,

This is my first post in this community :) I hope you can help me out :)

I was contacted by a company to sell my timeshare (Fiesta Americana). But they are asking to make a deposit and I'm trying to figure out if this is some kind of scam.

At first look of seems that the company is legit. This is their website: [link deleted]

I would appreciate if someone has some leads on this one

Thanks ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome!

There is a simple rule of thumb with timeshare offers:

NEVER pay an upfront fee to sell or rent your timeshare.

REPUTABLE brokers take all the fees out of the proceeds of the sale.

Anyone who wants YOU to pay a fee, is a scammer. They will collect the fee, and then disappear - with your money. Almost all of them are located outside the US, so you will have no recourse to go after them.

Tell them you would love to proceed, but they must take the fee out of the proceeds. They will give you a million excuses about why they can't do it, and then disappear.

*Putting the money in their "escrow" account is also a scam. They will give you the name of a reputable US company, but then have you actually send the funds to a completely different account, outside the US.

*Sadly, Fiesta Americana timeshares have no resale value, (like most timeshares in Mexico) so the fact that they want to "buy" it is a huge red flag in itself.

Loghtyrian

Reaction score
Thank you for four quick response :)

I will proceed with caution. Is there any way I can check my timeshare value (if it has any value at all)???

PS: I'm not supposed to post links?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We don't want to promote up front fee companies (no matter how innocently) so we prefer that you only post the company's name.

These people lie all day for a living, so they are going to be very convincing and give you a million reasons why it's OK to pay them upfront.

If you fall for it - you WILL get ripped off.

You can check eBay for the resale value of your timeshare, but unfortunately, Mexico has far more supply than demand, and it's not going to have any resale value unless it's something like an Ocean Front fixed Christmas/New Years week at a top resort.

There are two listed on eBay - one for $1, and one for 1¢ - with no bids:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...icana.TRS0&_nkw=Fiesta+Americana&_sacat=15897

There are also two ended auctions on eBay, one for $15 and one for 1¢ and nether one received any bids:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Timeshares-...na&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Last edited:

Loghtyrian

Reaction score
Sorry for posting the link. And yeah is a Scam, they don't want to have a simple video Skype conversation with me.... Technology makes life easy for the bad guys but also for the good guys :)

The site of "Brokers" has a logo stating is "Norton Secured" but Norton site has a search engine for trusted sites and that site does NOT show up. This is a small tip for you guys :)

Kinda feel stupid...

Thanks again !

BEWARE

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

networkerchris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this is a great 1st post. It's unfortunate but the secondary market for the majority of timeshares out there is nonexistent. Only a small percentage hold value.

Anyone that cold calls you, tells you your Timeshare is valuable, or that they have buyers ready is a major red flag. If it's sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Timeshare owners fall victim to these scams because they naturally assume the Timeshare holds some sort of value because they paid good money for them.

1st thing you should always do is see if you can work with the resort to do a deed back. If that doesn't work you should post it for free on TUG.

Never pay anyone any upfront fees EVER!

You definitely shouldn't be sorry for posting this, you did the right thing and you avoided getting scammed.

I wish you luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this is a great 1st post. It's unfortunate but the secondary market for the majority of timeshares out there is nonexistent. Only a small percentage hold value.

Anyone that cold calls you, tells you your Timeshare is valuable, or that they have buyers ready is a major red flag. If it's sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Timeshare owners fall victim to these scams because they naturally assume the Timeshare holds some sort of value because they paid good money for them.

1st thing you should always do is see if you can work with the resort to do a deed back. If that doesn't work you should post it for free on TUG.

Never pay anyone any upfront fees EVER!

What you said is spot on but this has been emphasized for years already here on TUG. Of course, new posters are always welcome to come on here and inquire about any suspicious companies claiming they can sell or get people out of their TSs.