• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Sean0302

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read such conflicting reports on this guy. What is the deal? I was playing around with a very good auction last night and just got a second chance offer. It will probably be bought by the developer if I should decide to get it. Most of the good comments were 2012 and the bad 2011. What is the story?

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought 3 timeshares from Sean

The most recent was last month. Two of those, I made offers on before the auctions ended (prior to any bids being placed on the auctions). I have never had a problem. He has one on eBay that was listed last night. I contacted him regarding the listing and he quickly responded. I have also spoken directly with him on the phone and he was very accommodating on one of the offers I made. Personally, if I see something that he has and I am interested, I will bid or make an offer.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brought units over the years from him also with no problems or issues. If you KNOW the resort and what you are buying, he does what he needs to do to get the deed transferred.

alfasat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from him in January, no issues, excellent communication, would definitely deal with him again.
CZ.

Djade

Reaction score
Sean0302

Would like to share my buying experience with this seller. I was very skeptical at first with purchasing through eBay, but after reading several threads and found a property Sean had with his 100% positive feedback, I figured it's safe to do so. So I bid on an annual timeshare in Hawaii, but usage is not available until 2017, listing stated maintenance fees PAID FOR BY SELLER until I begin payments in January 2017. After I won the bid, I did everything he asked promptly, then when I emailed him to inquire when I'll be hearing from the title company couple weeks later, he sent me a nasty email. He was pissy about me telling him I'd contact eBay if he didn't respond back. Long story short, after the title transfer was official, I never received any copies of the deed or any documents pertaining to the transaction. I then get a letter from Wyndham that I'm responsible for the past due maintenance fees (4 months of it) as well as maintenance fees for the rest of the year when the purchase agreement stated otherwise!!! I then contacted the seller, title company (several phone calls and emails), and previous owner. Have not heard from them at all! I've contacted eBay and Wyndham but they're unable to help at this point. eBay tells me since I didn't pay for the auction I won through eBay nor PayPal, and that the transaction was more than 90 days there's pretty much nothing they can do to help me other than advised me to call the cops to file a claim and get a legal professional so that we can really dispute this! WTF???!!! It sure doesn't take less than 30 days to close a transaction!!! I also tried searching for the listing (recently sold... Etc) and it's not showing anywhere. It's as if it never existed! They also told me this seller just uses eBay's platform for the listing but it's actually from a 3rd party site. It's confusing and I didn't even know this was possible through eBay. I'm stuck, I'm furious, I basically inherited the previous owner's debt and I can't make any bookings until these fees are paid! In addition to my purchase, I now have about $900 of maintenance fees I have to pay (immediately) of the points that the previous owners have already used with no documents from the title company whatsoever!!! [edited] Anyway... just wanted to share so just beware of you plan on placing a bid with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won't buy from Sean again. Not because I think there is a problem with a recent transaction . But because he refuses to talk to me about it

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks for the heads up! TUG forum is worth it's weight in gold.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have a contract working it's way through closing that I purchased through Sean. So far so good...i did send him an email about an update and he was a bit short in the reply, but all is well, at least right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would like to share my buying experience with this seller. I was very skeptical at first with purchasing through eBay, but after reading several threads and found a property Sean had with his 100% positive feedback, I figured it's safe to do so. So I bid on an annual timeshare in Hawaii, but usage is not available until 2017, listing stated maintenance fees PAID FOR BY SELLER until I begin payments in January 2017. After I won the bid, I did everything he asked promptly, then when I emailed him to inquire when I'll be hearing from the title company couple weeks later, he sent me a nasty email. He was pissy about me telling him I'd contact eBay if he didn't respond back. Long story short, after the title transfer was official, I never received any copies of the deed or any documents pertaining to the transaction. I then get a letter from Wyndham that I'm responsible for the past due maintenance fees (4 months of it) as well as maintenance fees for the rest of the year when the purchase agreement stated otherwise!!! I then contacted the seller, title company (several phone calls and emails), and previous owner. Have not heard from them at all! I've contacted eBay and Wyndham but they're unable to help at this point. eBay tells me since I didn't pay for the auction I won through eBay nor PayPal, and that the transaction was more than 90 days there's pretty much nothing they can do to help me other than advised me to call the cops to file a claim and get a legal professional so that we can really dispute this! WTF???!!! It sure doesn't take less than 30 days to close a transaction!!! I also tried searching for the listing (recently sold... Etc) and it's not showing anywhere. It's as if it never existed! They also told me this seller just uses eBay's platform for the listing but it's actually from a 3rd party site. It's confusing and I didn't even know this was possible through eBay. I'm stuck, I'm furious, I basically inherited the previous owner's debt and I can't make any bookings until these fees are paid! In addition to my purchase, I now have about $900 of maintenance fees I have to pay (immediately) of the points that the previous owners have already used with no documents from the title company whatsoever!!! [edited] Anyway... just wanted to share so just beware of you plan on placing a bid with him.

Couple observations: I have bought several timeshares on eBay, some from sean, some from other notorious sellers. Some had wrinkles, some were smooth as glass. Always, always print the auction after winning for your records. Never trust eBay feedback for timeshare sellers. By the time a real timeshare sale closes you can't leave feedback, it's too late. Also Wyndham's policy is to NOT transfer a unit to the new owner unless and until the MF is up to date. Hold them accountable for this and ask them to explain why and how that happened and demand that they correct, at the least, whatever fees were incurred before you got title. Then get on Sean's butt and demand your $ back for the MF you had to pay.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Couple observations: I have bought several timeshares on eBay, some from sean, some from other notorious sellers. Some had wrinkles, some were smooth as glass. Always, always print the auction after winning for your records. Never trust eBay feedback for timeshare sellers. By the time a real timeshare sale closes you can't leave feedback, it's too late. Also Wyndham's policy is to NOT transfer a unit to the new owner unless and until the MF is up to date. Hold them accountable for this and ask them to explain why and how that happened and demand that they correct, at the least, whatever fees were incurred before you got title. Then get on Sean's butt and demand your $ back for the MF you had to pay.
I agree. Ebay seller feedback is not as useful for timeshare sellers. Landmines like this usually aren't uncovered until long after the feedback window has closed.

I have nothing against Sean but he should absolutely cover this if required. He has always refused to provide Estoppels to anyone but the winning bidder under the claim that he is so good at what he does that the Bidder doesn't need to worry about the details because he has it covered.

If the ad said one thing, and it wasn't true, Sean has created a situation (based on how he runs his sales with only limited additional information given to the Bidder beyond the Ebay ad) where he shares in that blame. If he did the due diligence he claims he does, this ad should never have run advertising something that wasn't true.

I will say in any sellers "partial" defense (since I don't know all the details)...

I purchased a property from a Seller (not Sean) that was a deeded week with current year's use as long as I was willing to pay the MF. I agreed. About 3 months into the process, after it finally got transferred into my name, and when I went to schedule our vacation, the resort informed me that the previous owner was in RCI points and since RCI deposits the unit in points like a year in advance, and the previous owner had aged out and hadn't used the property for years, RCI had taken it at the 12 months in advance mark, and already traded it months before I even bought it. The Resort got the Estoppel wrong. The closing agent / company, which was a licensed real estate agent missed it. And the Seller missed it. In the end the only thing the resort would do is offer an apology for missing it, but wasn't going to do anything about it. Eventually the Seller reimbursed me for the MF I paid for something I couldn't even use.

The point being, Sean may have been given bad information, as I have seen bad Estoppels even directly from the resort. But if a Seller wants to be the best, or one of the best, they should always be willing to be the last man (or woman) standing and make it right. Fortunately in the case I described the Seller did that (they worked out a deal with the closing agent to split the MF cost) and I would use that Seller again without question because of how they handled the problem.

But where I think Sean probably has an even higher level of responsibility here as a Seller is because he can get curt or a bit gruff with anybody requesting additional information or questioning details in his ads. So his whole approach to his sales is that you don't need to bother him and waste his time with additional questions since he is the best and you can trust anything he is selling.

That approach as a Seller is only really acceptable as long as you are willing to stand 100% behind whatever you are selling and be willing to reimburse the Buyer if one of your ad gave bad information or was incorrect (whether intentional or not).

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a Timeshare from Seans on an Ebay auction that ended on June 2 and got notification yesterday from the resort that the transfer was complete. This one got transferred before two others at the same resort that I bought from other sellers in May that have not yet been completed. I've bought at least one other from Seans in the past and never had a problem.

newguyvv

Reaction score
I also bought a timeshare with Seans0302 on Ebay back in mid January, 2016. Great communication at the beginning but began to lagged off after full payment was sent. After waited and waited and many emails sent to him, he finally told me that the developer has exercised the ROFR, after 4 months later. The ROFR process which usually only take about 30 days. I did received full refund back from him 2 weeks later.

Just my purchase experience with Seans0302!

Last edited:

UPALLNITE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was alittle leery about buying from him because of some reviews that I read. I personally bought two separate timeshares from him last year and love both of them. I thought he was professional and up front with me. I would buy again from him. He answered my many questions on a timely basis. One timeshare was a Hilton and the other a Marriott...both quality timeshares IMHO.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
We purchased 2 Every other year Marriott timeshares from Sean0302, one in 2013 and another in 2014. They went smoothly and we were pleased with the sales. Sean used Timeshare Closings for Less. If you sign up to use it, TCL has a website that is extremely useful for monitoring the status of the transaction and knowing where things stand. Based on viewing the website we could ask TCL questions and/or know when documents were being processed.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's very interesting information

We purchased 2 Every other year Marriott timeshares from Sean0302, one in 2013 and another in 2014. They went smoothly and we were pleased with the sales. Sean used Timeshare Closings for Less. If you sign up to use it, TCL has a website that is extremely useful for monitoring the status of the transaction and knowing where things stand. Based on viewing the website we could ask TCL questions and/or know when documents were being processed.

I have used Timeshare Closings For Less for many years (as well as LT Transfers).

All the timeshares that I bought from Sean were handled by an in-house closing company. I believe Global is the name.

I have stopped buying timeshares on eBay and no longer plan to buy anymore due to issues popping up, even by sellers that I have had no issues with in the past.

I have had very good buying experiences with Sean, except the last one (which was about two years ago). Issues popped up because of RCI Points. It wasn't disclosed in the listing. It wasn't disclosed on the estoppel and problems ultimately arose many months later. I will say that Sean handled things properly and to my satisfaction. I have never had any of the issues reported by others with communication, rudeness, etc. Though this is not to say that I don't believe others have experienced such.

Towards the end of my buying, whenever one of these eBay sellers used the services of TCFL or LT Transfers, I had more confidence in the transactions. However, I am currently still trying to get things straightened out with two timeshares purchased last year. Fortunately, both of these were handled by
my preferred closing companies. But it still doesn't change the fact that I'm still trying to get things straightened out. Those issues are related to RCI Points. As stated previously by RLS50, timeshares in RCI Points that are not disclosed by the resorts on the estoppel and the seller having no knowledge because it wasn't disclosed by the owner, can create a bit of havoc or lost usage.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased an ebay Wyndham timeshare from Sean last year and he was very nice to work with both on email and by phone. The closing company Global Resort Transfer was another story - the only time I heard from them was when I pushed them to act, email, whatever. It took 5 months.

I'm sorry to hear that Sean's attitude has apparently changed in the past year because the only thing that would have held me back from purchasing from him again was that transfer company,.

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to clarify my comments, as they may have come across as overly negative.

I personally believe Sean302 is totally legit. I don’t question his intentions. I am not saying I would “never” buy from him. I just sometimes didn't get the sense that he fully appreciates the real (and sometimes costly) risks that come with buying a timeshare. I personally can't accept the idea of only giving an Estoppel to the winning Bidder AFTER the auction completes.

I know as a potential Buyer, that I know more about some of the resorts I am interested in than any Ebay Seller does. Any existing owner would. For example does any Ebay seller know more about Wyndham properties or points than RonParise does? Of course not. So any good Seller should be willing to answer any questions and provide any answers asked, especially when dealing with knowledgeable Buyers. We are asking questions that we know matter…not trying to waste a Seller’s time or questioning their IQ or competency. It's not personal.

Even the best Ebay sellers can be given wrong information from the resort. The RCI points issue is a perfect example. That needs to be checked, double checked, and even triple checked if one is going to buy a timeshare in RCI Points that promises current year or even next year’s usage. And some of these properties come from existing owners who have aged out and they don’t even know what they own anymore or how it works because they may not have used the property for years themselves. Or it is kids who are dumping properties formerly owned by aging or deceased parents or relatives.

So the potential to get stuck with something that has hidden problems can be greater than one might think. Especially when it comes to specific properties and specific timeshare companies.

But really, depending on the property being sold, and how straight forward it is, Sean302 could be a great choice to deal with. His approach to sales is just different that's all.

Like Egret1986 I am also not really interested in buying any more timeshares. If something comes up that would be perfect for our family, I might consider, but it would have to be the perfect week at just the right place and only something we would definitely plan to use ourselves every year.

Last edited: