• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] Working on Vacation (or sales presentation freebies)

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
My myrtle Beach experience

We're a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, of which 2 are still under 2, plus a nanny and my sister. So 7 altogether.

We went to MB Jul 3- 10th. This is what we did:

1) Went to a Wyndham presentation, signed up at Broadway at the Beach. Got 4 adult and 1 child tickets to Medieval times, front row, for $80. The Wyndham presentation was in Ocean Boulevard i, and included a hot breakfast for all of use. We were there about 2.5 hours, including breakfast.

2) Went to presentation at Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort. Paid nothing. Got dinner for two Rioz Brazilian restaurant, and two tickets to Legends in Concert. Sign up at a "visitors center" on Ocean boulevard. The breakfast was TERRIBLE, it consisted of mini muffins and coffee! If you go, make sure you eat before you go. On the plus side, we were in and out in 1.5 hrs.

3) Went to a presentation at Westgate Myrtle Beach. Got 4 adult plus 1 child ticket to Pirate Voyage show, which I highly recommend. Price $80. The breakfast was hot. Westgate agents were the pushiest of the bunch, kept us there for 3 long hours, instead of going through 3 sales people, we went through 4. Given that the tickets were valued at $227, however, I'd do the presentation again. I signed up at another visitor's center also on Ocean BLVD.

Enjoy :whoopie:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Whoa! That's Lots Of Freebies !

1) Went to a Wyndham presentation, signed up at Broadway at the Beach
2) Went to presentation at Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort.
3) Went to a presentation at Westgate Myrtle Beach.
We're signed up for an RCI exchange week at Carolina Grande the end of October 2016.

Maybe we'll sign up for some timeshare tours while we're there -- just for old times' sake (that & the freebies).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score

We're signed up for an RCI exchange week at Carolina Grande the end of October 2016.

Maybe we'll sign up for some timeshare tours while we're there -- just for old times' sake (that & the freebies).

To clarify: in addition to those 3 presentations and the shows, we also managed to find time to go to the beach, after all it was July 4th week :banana::banana::banana:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Absorbing Sales Presentation Freebies When The Timeshare Seller Is On To Us.

In Kissimmee FL last week, a discount ticket seller said he could sign us up to go on the Vacation Village At Parkway timeshare tour & get $100 Visa gift card -- but not if we were staying at Vacation Village At Parkway. People staying there have to sign up for the Vacation Village At Parkway sales presentation right there at Vacation Village At Parkway, he said.

That was semi-vexing, mainly because we had already been offered only $80 when we showed up to claim our Vacation Village At Parkway free welcome gift the morning after we checked in. (The gift consisted of a nice little plastic holster containing 3-oz. plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner, & shower gel -- a nice touch since those were not provided in the Vacation Village At Parkway timeshare unit as in years past.)

I went back to the on-site sign-up counter & told'm we'd been offered $100 at the discount ticket booth but only $80 at the resort. After some dithering, they said OK they'd give us $100, so we signed up. (They collected $20 cash to make sure we'd show up at our assigned time.)

The timeshare seller who drew our names quickly caught on that we were there just for the freebies. I suppose that's because, when she asked, we told her we had just sold our 2BR Vacation Village At Parkway triennial points unit & had recently bought an eBay Grandview At Las Vegas 1BR triennial points unit (because we're downsizing). "Where did you buy your Vacation Village At Parkway unit?" she asked. "eBay," we said.

That pretty much iced it. She was seriously annoyed & seriously unable to hide it. From that point, she seemed torn between wanting to get it over with pronto on the 1 hand, & on the other hand wanting to prolong matters as a way of punishing us.

We persevered. The timeshare seller turned us over to a couple of closers, who did not waste much more of their time or ours. They soon sent us over to the freebies counter across the hall & that was that. After a 10-minute wait, the guy behind the counter handed over a $120 Visa gift card, which added our $20 deposit to the promised $100 in timeshare tour freebies.

All's well that ends well.

Ace

Reaction score
My wife and I also were at Vacation Village at Parkway last week. Nice place, by the way, with a huge new building under construction to add to the numerous other buildings they have. During check-in, we were, as usual, directed to the "other" counter to get our parking pass. The guy asked if we had stayed at any other timeshares recently, and we told him we were at Grandview at Las Vegas in June (operated by the same outfit). He did not ask us to attend any presentation. He did give us a ticket for a drawing (I think for a $500 prize), which we put in the bowl, but we did not know about going to the office later to claim any gifts. So I guess we missed out on the $100 gift card (as well as the shampoo). We were pretty busy anyway during the week, so I suppose adding a presentation into the schedule would have made things a little tight. It is interesting, though, that they added $20 to your gift card to account for your deposit so you actually netted $100. Grandview did not do that for us in June, so our $100 gift card ended up being $80 net.