• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The NY Times new online subscription policy

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In another thread, I mentioned that the NY Times is going to start charging for online access (that includes for smartphones and the IPad). I admit to having some sympathy. Without generating more funds, a shrinkage of their coverage seems inevitable. The times covers many areas that other news sources do not. At the same time, with all the other online news sources, this is obviously a very risky move. (According to an NPR story, they won't need a huge amount of the current readership to be willing to pay. Even one percent will generate substantial income. But even that low a percentage might be hard to come by.)

In any case, in a very frank article, the Times admits that they themselves are moving into this with some trepidation (and lots of internal debate).

Go here to see the article (free for now). (Actually under the new policy, you will still be able to access twenty articles per month for free.)

Personal comment: One thing that I appreciate about the Times is that it is one of the very few papers world wide that has full time, trained science writers. (Actually, the Guardian is the only other paper that I know for sure also has a science staff.) Most papers cover science stories with people with degrees in journalism. It often shows.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I love the NYTimes and I would subscribe if it is reasonable. I got tired of getting so many papers. Now all of the papers that I subscribe to have shrunk so much, I could probably add them back.

elaine

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
NY Times & Kindle

I love the N Y Times. No one writes as well or with the debth as the gray old lady. I subscribe on my Kindle and it arrives every morning at 3 a.m.
Happily, the N Y Times sent me an email recently that advised me that my subscription through Kindle entitles me to access their service on my computer. I would subscribe at whatever price they charged - but don't tell them or they might raise my rates.