• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Making a reservation for next year

travelmom11

Reaction score
Ive actually only ever had to make one reservation and did it on the phone. They have a 20 min wait so I was going to do it online (had no clue I could). I am selecting full villa with lock off. I just wanted to make sure that this is exactly the same thing that I can do over the phone. Is there any other difference in making our home reservation online vs over the phone with an agent? I don't want to overlook something.

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Difference?

It is easier!! :banana: :whoopie:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For difficult to book weeks/resorts, can I use online to book a full 2BR LO at 6am Pacific Time and then call an agent to split/lockoff thereafter?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I would recommend signing in and familiarizing yourself with all the steps beforehand. Get to the page where you can see the calendar availability and look for that refresh button. See how long it takes for the page to refresh, doing it a few times to check it. That'll give you an indication of how fast your connection is- and what you need to do come 8:59 AM EST. The day of, sign in by 8:45 or 8:50, carefully select your choice (occupy full villa, etc.) and watch the screen. Make sure you hit the refresh page at the right moment and make sure you know the date you want. Sometimes in the rush of excitement it is easy to click on the wrong thing.

I usually call at the same time, but am confirming my reservation by the time the rep is asking what I want. I always get a 9:00:00 time stamp; having a fast Internet connection helps.

Sptung- yes- but what does the resort offer? If all the villas are lock-offs, then you can call at any time. If only some are lock-offs, then a lock-off may not be available if you call later.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
For difficult to book weeks/resorts, can I use online to book a full 2BR LO at 6am Pacific Time and then call an agent to split/lockoff thereafter?

Yes, book the full two bedroom lock off as soon as you can. You then can split and lock off anytime right up to the day before the actual date of the reservation.

However, your deposit has weaker trading power if you wait too long to lock off and deposit into Interval International so if you know you plan to kick it into I.I. then you should do it sooner rather than later…..

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes the weeks that I own are 2BR LO only (DSV I). Another question, if I use 13 month for booking the 2 weeks, is calling in the only way to get it done?

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
.....if I use 13 month for booking the 2 weeks, is calling in the only way to get it done?

Practically speaking, yes. You can request it online but it is only a request and they have to get back to you. Much better and quicker to call in.

travelmom11

Reaction score
another question

I am just booking next years reservation and I am seeing something I didn't before. It gives me options as (occupy, II-Marriott deposit, II-owner deposit). I am going to get the lock off but I am unsure which option would be best because we might occupy, or rent it out or even deposit into II later.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just select that you are going to use it. Now it is yours and you can do what you want with it. Electing II Deposit let's Marriott do so on your behalf and they may not deposit your week or even one that has as much trading power.

travelmom11

Reaction score
Can I still deposit it into II later on (if we decide to)? I was unclear why they had 'II exchange- owner deposit' vs 'occupy' and if I did occupy if I couldn't deposit it later into II

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Can I still deposit it into II later on (if we decide to)? I was unclear why they had 'II exchange- owner deposit' vs 'occupy' and if I did occupy if I couldn't deposit it later into II

Yes. When you select "Occupy" you can still later deposit it yourself.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding was that you could only deposit later what you had reserved to occupy.
So if you reserved to occupy the full villa, you could deposit that later, but you could not subsequently lock it off and deposit the master and guest suites.
If you wanted to do that you had to reserve to occupy the locked off master and guest suites initially.
Am I missing something here?

travelmom11

Reaction score
My understanding was that you could only deposit later what you had reserved to occupy.
So if you reserved to occupy the full villa, you could deposit that later, but you could not subsequently lock it off and deposit the master and guest suites.
If you wanted to do that you had to reserve to occupy the locked off master and guest suites initially.
Am I missing something here?

both of my options (occupy or II-owner deposit) give me the option to do a lock off. Is that what you mean?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
both of my options (occupy or II-owner deposit) give me the option to do a lock off. Is that what you mean?
No, I was reading that perhaps the suggestion was that you could Occupy or II Owner Deposit the full villa, then at a later date decide to lock it off.
This is what I did not believe is possible?

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I was reading that perhaps the suggestion was that you could Occupy or II Owner Deposit the full villa, then at a later date decide to lock it off.
This is what I did not believe is possible?

For lock offs to be deposited with II, the lock off option must be exercised first with MVCI and then the master suite and/or the lock-off can be deposited. If you book the full villa and then deposit it with II, then it is gone and that is it you cannot subsequently lock it off.