• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OceanWatch

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody made the drive from Metro NYC to this property? How long is the drive and did you do it in 1 day or split it into 2 days. We have 2 young children and are concerned that if we were to choose this property, doing it in 1 day would be too overwhelming.

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in the South Jersey area and have made this drive many times. It usually takes about 9 hours for us but a lot of that depends on traffic. It's not a bad drive but if you have concerns split the drive over two days. I would leave early evening and drive four or five hours and then get a room and finish the drive the next day. I've owned at Ocean Watch since pre construction and now have a home in Myrtle Beach so I am very familiar with drive. If you have any questions let me know.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Has anybody made the drive from Metro NYC to this property? How long is the drive and did you do it in 1 day or split it into 2 days. We have 2 young children and are concerned that if we were to choose this property, doing it in 1 day would be too overwhelming.

It takes us about 11 hrs from north jersey. have done it many times and we almost always drive straight thru. when we do stop we usually spend a night in Bmore or DC. if i was going with young children I would break up the trip into 2 days

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also drive start through from Long Island. I'd say it's very manageable but young kids can change that. Even HHI we'll drive straight through but I can see how some like to stop for HHI because that's 2 hours more. If you leave at 5am I bet you'll be inclined to drive straight through because you'll be driving in day light.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also drive start through from Long Island. I'd say it's very manageable but young kids can change that. Even HHI we'll drive straight through but I can see how some like to stop for HHI because that's 2 hours more. If you leave at 5am I bet you'll be inclined to drive straight through because you'll be driving in day light.

How many hrs is the trip? We are in Nassau about 20 minutes to your west. Haven't done more than 3.5 hr trip as of yet with 2 kids under 7.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How many hrs is the trip? We are in Nassau about 20 minutes to your west. Haven't done more than 3.5 hr trip as of yet with 2 kids under 7.

9.5 to 10.5 hrs is what we've done it in. When kids were younger it did take longer but I'm the type that just gets in the car and can drive without feeling tired, especially after a few jolts of red bull. And I'm the only driver as my girls don't care to drive on the highways with all the 18 wheelers so if you have a second driver it does make it easier I think.

If it's too much there are a few nice spots along the way to stop and stay the night. We just liked to get we're going so we just push to drive as far as we can in one day.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
We usually drive (from upstate NY) straight through because we leave by 4:00am. Driving back we stay over 1 night because we leave later in the day.
Typically, we like to be past DC and past the Stafford Va area in the early afternoon, (on the way down).
For whatever reason...Stafford (near the USMC Museum) on 95, always has a traffic jam. I've seen it at a standstill for hours. Make sure your tank is full and the kids have gone potty.
Mike

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually drive (from upstate NY) straight through because we leave by 4:00am. Driving back we stay over 1 night because we leave later in the day.
Typically, we like to be past DC and past the Stafford Va area in the early afternoon, (on the way down).
For whatever reason...Stafford (near the USMC Museum) on 95, always has a traffic jam. I've seen it at a standstill for hours. Make sure your tank is full and the kids have gone potty.
Mike

Yes. I like to try to drive with minimal stops. Thank goodness for in-car DVD system

skyequeen

Reaction score
Advantage to Stopping

We live in PA and usually take 2 days for the trip. The advantage is you arrive early on check-in day. That puts you higher up in the queue for best units. Of course, it also means being at the resort before being able to check in. But you can use all the facilities and change in the fitness center essentially getting an extra beach day. We usually stay somewhere like Fayetteville, or Lumberton, where you pick up the roads that are the shortest drive to Ocean Watch from I-95 - less than 2 more hours. With young kids, I'd probably stay somewhere south of Richmond to Fayetteville near the highway.