• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aulani DVC points on ebay

fluke

TUG Member
Reaction score

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should go for at least $32000. I havent seen Aulani for less than $100/pt.

I saw a contract yesterday that was $15000 for 150 pts + 150

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was speculation that DVC would exercise ROFR on all old maintenance due contracts. I suppose we will find out soon enough.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will only find out if the winning bidder is a TUGger, no?

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Points not totalling up for me...

My math must be off tonight. I see this is supposed to be week 52 in a2 bed unit every year...valued at 320 points. But, in the chart for New Year's week..it runs 63 points per night. 63 points per night X 7 nights per week = 441points needed. Seems short to me.

Is there a discount on points if one books per week? I confess I am more of a weeks (mostly fixed weeks) gal. Thank you.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Sleeps 9 guests maximum, plus one child under age 3 in a crib"

.........IN 1,112 SQUARE FT..........has any one tried this?

Jim

From photos i've seen, looks like they have this little single murphy bed thing in addition to the sleeper sofa that looks pretty useful.

Last edited:

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a discount on points if one books per week? I confess I am more of a weeks (mostly fixed weeks) gal.

DVC did sell some fixed weeks at Aulani. (The first DVC resort to do so.) I think that was to satisfy the Japanese market, so they could guarantee specific times (eg Golden week). Not only was there not a discount, there was a premium. I think it's 20%, but I'm not positive about the amount.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
From photos i've seen, looks like they have this little single murphy bed thing in addition to the sleeper sofa that looks pretty useful.

At the mainland DVC's there is a single sleeper chair also in the living room.

Yes, the DVC 2br's are on the small size. We did 5 people once and said never again.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim

I had 5 in a 1 bed. My 5 yr old liked the pulldown. I wouldn't put an adult in there.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Yes, the DVC 2br's are on the small size. We did 5 people once and said never again.

That's what I was sort of making reference to!

Jim

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score

Not at Aulani, but we did exactly that at Grand Californian for a few nights. (I think the floorplans are very similar.)

We had an RCI exchange into a 2BR unit for a week, and some friends who lived a couple hours away came and stayed with us for a few nights. We have three kids and they have three kids, so there were 4 adults and 6 kids (three under three!). It was a little cramped, but not bad. Some kids were in Pack 'n Plays and some were on blankets on the floors. (Each family took one bedroom -- nobody slept in the living area.)

I'm not sure I would want to stay in ANY 2BR unit with more than 4 adults.

We had an awesome time together. Love vacationing with friends, especially at Disney. :)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Not a very good deal in my opinon. With DVC promotion right now the cost per point would be $112.50. Bidder paid $93.45 per point plus the loss of 2011, and 2013 use year. So with the value of those points worth $10 each year the final price would be $113.45 per point. The only saving grace is that you would have the subsidized maintenance fees.

If you bought a june use year you would be able to get the 2011 points for almost free from disney. Right now we are still in june 2011 use year. You would only have to pay one months maintenance fee for a full years of points. Not always a great value from ebay. Shows you must do your research before buying.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at Aulani, but we did exactly that at Grand Californian for a few nights. (I think the floorplans are very similar.)

We had an RCI exchange into a 2BR unit for a week, and some friends who lived a couple hours away came and stayed with us for a few nights. We have three kids and they have three kids, so there were 4 adults and 6 kids (three under three!). It was a little cramped, but not bad. Some kids were in Pack 'n Plays and some were on blankets on the floors. (Each family took one bedroom -- nobody slept in the living area.)

I'm not sure I would want to stay in ANY 2BR unit with more than 4 adults.

We had an awesome time together. Love vacationing with friends, especially at Disney. :)
One of the Most obvious reasons Disney should never have hooked up with RCI! Are you proud that you took an exchanged two bedroom villa and stuffed it with people? I don't care about your comfort but I do care about having to share space with a high density squatter. I hate that our pools are overrun with people who have no idea of the value of what they are enjoying on my dime

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the Most obvious reasons Disney should never have hooked up with RCI! Are you proud that you took an exchanged two bedroom villa and stuffed it with people? I don't care about your comfort but I do care about having to share space with a high density squatter. I hate that our pools are overrun with people who have no idea of the value of what they are enjoying on my dime

The room is advertised by DVC as sleeps 9. He had 10 and 3 were infants. I'm don't see how that makes him a "high density squatter." ?

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score

If it makes you feel better I usually aim for 2 bedroom exchanges through RCI (even DVC exchanges) for just my wife and I. We like the extra space even though we dont need it. One room usually ends up being our closet. That should offset Michael's one extra guest for a few nights... :rolleyes:

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score

GVC sleeps 9 + one child less then three years old. Any owner can do this and all the names can and should apear on the reservation.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
GVC sleeps 9 + one child less then three years old. Any owner can do this and all the names can and should apear on the reservation.

So does AKV Kidani, my rental has 9 and the youngest is 6. Yikes!

Mike is lucky no one ratted him on him, and had some mgmt type come and count people in the room. Some DVC'ers are busybodies, I have seen it at SSR people complaining at the front desk about seeing more than 4 coming out of a studio(well I think we've all seen that at some point).

We were on the other end of the spectrum with just 4 in our VB beach cottage the other yr. We were at the pool and one guest whispers that one BC only has 4 people ,DVC shouldn't allow that.

Just loved telling him you mean the one right by the pool. Yep that is me.:rofl:

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

At least he didn't try to bring the dog too. I've seen that and I'd much rather it be an extra infant or two than the dog, not that I hate dogs or anything, I've done my share of travelling with them when I had one, but Disney is cool with extra infants in the room. They don't enforce the occupancy limit as strictly when the extra people are infants. I'm sure Walt wouldn't have minded. ;)

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, very proud of it and I'll take all of it that I can get. I have several other ongoing searches running. And if it makes you feel any worse, my total cost for the week (MF of my exchanged TPUs + exchange fee) was $559. I totally understand the value of what I was getting. Thanks for footing the bill.

FWIW, we were at the maximum capacity that they allow. They allow 9 plus one infant under 3. We had 10 total (including 3 infants). All 10 of us were listed on the room.

I don't particularly care to have that many people in a 2BR, but we relished the opportunity to spend some time with some friends we hadn't seen a while and who wouldn't have been able to afford to go if we hadn't let them stay with us.

The pools were never overrun while we were there. We spent most of our time in the parks or in the unit, and probably only about an hour or two total in the pool.

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, very proud of it and I'll take all of it that I can get. I have several other ongoing searches running. And if it makes you feel any worse, my total cost for the week (MF of my exchanged TPUs + exchange fee) was $559. I totally understand the value of what I was getting. Thanks for footing the bill.

FWIW, we were at the maximum capacity that they allow. They allow 9 plus one infant under 3. We had 10 total (including 3 infants). All 10 of us were listed on the room.

I don't particularly care to have that many people in a 2BR, but we relished the opportunity to spend some time with some friends we hadn't seen a while and who wouldn't have been able to afford to go if we hadn't let them stay with us.

The pools were never overrun while we were there. We spent most of our time in the parks or in the unit, and probably only about an hour or two total in the pool.

Love it mike! :)

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score

My dime.... :rolleyes:

When someone exchanges into DVC, they are doing so at a discount, but that discount is being subsidized by the individual who deposited their points into RCI to exchange elsewhere, not you.

You must be the guy in the hot tub that loses it when he finds out someone exchanged into the property!;) In Vero Beach, two couples I talked with didn't even know you could exchange into DVC. We liked the place so much that we are looking into buying DVC points for the assurance of reservations and flexibilty that RCI exchanges doesn't offer.

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
1,112 sqaure feet isn't bad. That's more than six catagory 10 or 11 staterooms on the Disney Wonder. (184 Square feet) Disney will let up to twenty four people sleep in six 184 square foot staterooms.

Wal-Mart seems to the 220 Square feet is big enough for TEN people in a tent!!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-10-Person-3-Room-XL-Camping-Tent-20-x-11/16386306

It seems to me that Disney and RCI sometimes have different opinions about how many fit in a room. My Kidani Village one bedroom exchange RCI says "Max 4" yet when you book the same room from disney they say "Max 5"?