• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

points conversion

richierich69

Reaction score
Where can i find how many BG pts equal RCI, II, etc points? I have the RCI 08 Grid, and i have th BG grid, but how do you convert them?
thanks in advance,
rich

geekette

Reaction score
They don't convert; they are completely separate systems.

To get an idea of how many for whatever, look up a specific week in a unit for Bluegreen and then go to RCI and see how many points they charge. Do this for various regions, seasons and unit sizes to determine a rough idea, altho my guess is that it will be all over the place.

Keep in mind, Bluegreen does not change point values but RCI does.

richierich69

Reaction score
Where is the rci points chart? All i find is a point grid conversion for fixed week ts conversions.
rich

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
They don't convert; they are completely separate systems.

To get an idea of how many for whatever, look up a specific week in a unit for Bluegreen and then go to RCI and see how many points they charge. Do this for various regions, seasons and unit sizes to determine a rough idea, altho my guess is that it will be all over the place.

Keep in mind, Bluegreen does not change point values but RCI does.[/QUOTE

You are correct as you a lot of varibles. Here are just a couple you want to be aware of.

You are correct as with RCI Points if it is lets say a Gold Crown RCI Points resort 2 bedroom week 52 in Las Vegas and a another RCI Gold Crown 2 bedroom resort week 52 RCI weeks resorts that is a NON RCI Points there can be a about a 33% to 60% differance in their point values.

The reason I use Las Vegas is that I have followed the RCI Points and non RCI Points resorts in LV and we presently have 3 LV RCI Points ownerships.

IHMO even if they are both Gold Crown two Bedroom with the same week if one is in developer sales and one isn't the one in delveloper sales may be getting 10% to 20 % more RCI Points and showing lower maintenance fees being subidized by the developer to make it appear to be a better buy.

The same thing is true to a smaller degree in any point system that the newer resorts reqire more points even if they are not better week for week traders and may not be as popular as some of the older resorts.

You could do a cost comparison to stay at the same resort using Bluegreen Points and RCI Points. I did have for Big Greeens Big Cedar and it cost about about 1/2 less using our RCI Points gotten from the RCI weeks for Points program. That is because we get our feeder weeks for less value cost than or BLuegreen points would cost as we can better use our Bluegreen Points for something that is of far better benifiet to us.

We have not in the 3 or 4 years we have had Bluegreen Points used them for our own personal vacations.

But there is no timeshare system perfect $ formula that you can aply to your question.

But good luck.

Bruce :D

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a sticky at the top of this page.

Otherwise do you have a friend who will give you access to their Points acount were you can view each resorts values for the 3 differany color seasons and sizes.

If not then go to eabay and see if someone is selling a old RCI Points catalog or post a request on various sites to see if if you can buy one at a low cost or just pay for the shipping charges.

Where is the rci points chart? All i find is a point grid conversion for fixed week ts conversions.
rich

richierich69

Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble getting an rci resort with 20k points? I'm looking at buying a silver package on the resale market from an authorized broker. I would like to know what the sweet spot is for a 2bdrm red week at a gold crown resort? BG currently dosent' have a resort in the Destin area. That is why i'm looking at rci or some other exchange company. The BG points sytem and overall concept is much more user friendly. As well as the resorts seem to be newer and in better condition.

rich

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any trouble getting an rci resort with 20k points? I'm looking at buying a silver package on the resale market from an authorized broker. I would like to know what the sweet spot is for a 2bdrm red week at a gold crown resort? BG currently dosent' have a resort in the Destin area. That is why i'm looking at rci or some other exchange company. The BG points sytem and overall concept is much more user friendly. As well as the resorts seem to be newer and in better condition.

rich

Is that RCI Points or Bluegreen Points. I am going to assume that you are talking about Bluegreen Points. I think I saw the exact posting concerning those Points and it sure is a far better deal than buying from the Developer and the seller will give you excellent service and guidance if needed .

But just in case if it is RCI Points 20,000 won't get you a 2 bedroom ocean front unit in prime time or even a one bedroom in prme unless it is a last minute reduced RCI Points exchange.

But if it is 20,000 Bluegreen Points that should get you 2 very good trades if you reserve at least 2 good Bluegreen Weeks. Are you set up with II by any chance?

There are other excange companies out there besides the ones you mentioned.

Bruce

Last edited:

richierich69

Reaction score
I haven't bought anything yet. I've been looking hard at BG, and like what i see. Yes, I was talking about BG points. The only reason i use RCI as an example is that my parents use them and i'm somewhat familiar with them. I know about II and the others from this great site. And have looked on their sites. What exchange company works best wih the BG points. In other words, which exchange company will give the best trading value for BG points. I'm just looking for opinions.

rich

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything yet. I've been looking hard at BG, and like what i see. Yes, I was talking about BG points. The only reason i use RCI as an example is that my parents use them and i'm somewhat familiar with them. I know about II and the others from this great site. And have looked on their sites. What exchange company works best wih the BG points. In other words, which exchange company will give the best trading value for BG points. I'm just looking for opinions.

rich

You may have 4 or 5 exchange company options but if your seller is who I think they are is I am sure he would not be adverse to giving you a run down as he knows a fair amount of the systems well enough to give your some very good heads up.