• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airfare Announcement Thread

Should we have a "sticky" airfare sale thread

• Wow! That's a GREAT idea. I'm up for it.

Votes: 344 74.0%
  • Sure! Why not one for each area of the world/country?

Votes: 98 21.1%
  • Nah! I can find my own airfare sales.

Votes: 23 4.9%

• Total voters

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
ATA and America West are now flying to Hawaii

Great prices from our fair city, Denver. ATA charges $488 RT to Maui from Denver with a stop at their main hub, Phoenix. :)

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Fare to Ireland

The fares posted by Camachinist are great if you are flying for business, and are spending a day or less. The itinerary posted only has 28 hours in Ireland, which wouldn't do any vacationer or weekly timeshare any good. Do these types of fare exist if you want to stay a week or longer?

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
With rare exceptions, short stays bring the maximum fare, so I tend to use those as examples, to highlight where fare rules require no minimum stay, facilitating maximum flexibility. This might invite the reader to check the routing for their time needs.

I've spent as little as 2 1/2 hours in an airport on a turnaround for a MR, using red-eyes to my advantage. Look around on the plane the next time you fly. There's a whole world of different reasons to fly. I and many others here have used them all.

Personally, I always fly for leisure and always on my own nickel. My business doesn't require airplane travel.

BTW, for UA FF'ers, check out this E-cert for 10% off on most fare buckets on flights over 200.00. Nothing spectacular but it might cover parking...

Pat

urban5 said:
The fares posted by Camachinist are great if you are flying for business, and are spending a day or less. The itinerary posted only has 28 hours in Ireland, which wouldn't do any vacationer or weekly timeshare any good. Do these types of fare exist if you want to stay a week or longer?

Andi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Airfares sites

What sites other than Travelocity will make you aware of airfare sales that you are looking for in future months? I think Kayak is one but haven't figured out how to make it happen.

midwest6

TUG Member
Reaction score
American airlines announced winter sales through March 31, Orlando March 7

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
rather than stickies, since airfares are ever changing, I personally would rather see a separte forum where we can post AirFare "Hot Deals" with specific information.

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
May I suggest you try http://www.flyertalk.com? The MR (Milage Run) forum has lots of posts for bargains. Travelocity's Dream Maps can have some good stuff too. There are several search tools mentioned on the site as well. It's a fantastic resource!
Eileen

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Southwest air question

I am looking to travel to Las Vegas 5/2008 and want to use my 2 rapid rewards tickets. I know that they have limited seating for rapid rewards......does anyone have a good guess as to when they will open up the window to book then? (maybe based on this year if anyone was watching)

Would I start looking 6 months out, 3 months out? 2 months out? for rapid rewards flight bookings.

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most airlines load their schedule 330 (1) days out. Again, most will have assigned a few award seats. They may also wait till later to put in awards, or not have any on the most popular times to fly. We are using US Air awards to Ireland from Buffalo in July. Got them at 330 days out for the departure and had to wait 14 more days to get the return. The outbound were "on hold" until we got the return. Out flight from Buffalo to Phl is kind of tight considering summer T-storms and the like. But it was the only one available at the time. Now there are eariler flight available and we'll change them soon for my peace of mind. By checking every day after we booked, we were able to exchange one of the Premium coach awards for a Milage saver Envoy (SCORE !!:whoopie: ) That gave us enough to upgrade the other seat from premium coach to premium Envoy. We still look several times a week to see if we can save another 20K in miles, but I'm not olding my breath.
With flights to Vegas usually pretty reasonable, do you really want to use your miles that way? The key is to check every day and follow price trends so you'll know when to buy, if you have to. Have you tried calling SW? The US Air people were great in giving us helpful info to snag those seats.
Eileen

Last edited:

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
www.farecast.com

Shows sale trends for varying destinations including times of day

bearfanrp

Reaction score
One nice way to save on airfare (if you are flying American) is to buy an entertainment book. Right now, on entertainment.com you can buy a book for $9.99 plus $2.50 shipping (if you do the fatwallet.com deal, you can get $5.50 cash back). Included is a 5% off single use discount code for AA flights, up to 4 tickets on one reservation. At a mimumum, you can break even on a $275 base fare for 1 ticket.

Also helpful is to buy the book for the location where you are going, there will usually be a $5 off $50 coupon for a local grocery chain and the ususal restaurant discounts and discounts on some attractions.

D

devilsrule2004

i always get an entertainment book. they are so worth it with all the saving you get
sbiggrin.gif
sbiggrin.gif

linnysue

Reaction score
This thread doesn't seem to have any recent activity. I would like to know who you all use for the best fares. Any decent fares out there?

linnysue

Reaction score
One nice way to save on airfare (if you are flying American) is to buy an entertainment book. Right now, on entertainment.com you can buy a book for $9.99 plus $2.50 shipping (if you do the fatwallet.com deal, you can get $5.50 cash back). Included is a 5% off single use discount code for AA flights, up to 4 tickets on one reservation. At a mimumum, you can break even on a $275 base fare for 1 ticket.

Also helpful is to buy the book for the location where you are going, there will usually be a $5 off $50 coupon for a local grocery chain and the ususal restaurant discounts and discounts on some attractions.
I went to their website, and it says the book would cost me $12.50. Where do I get the $9.99 deal?

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flyer Talk

I use Flyer Talk the most. No matter if you use only one airline or the cheapest you can find, there's a forum for it. I also check out FareCompare, Flight Watchdog, ITA, and Kayak also. If anybody has better ones please let me know!
Eileen

stevedmatt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to their website, and it says the book would cost me $12.50. Where do I get the $9.99 deal?

The later in the year, the lower the cost of the book. The post you replied to was from last year.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Right now, there are some decent fares on American Airlines from LAX or SNA to most German cities (MUC, TXL or FRA). You can include a 24-hour stopover in London at no extra charge. $388, which works out to about $500 with all taxes. Various dates in April through May.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sfo - Lih 7/4/09 $628

First significant fare drop I've seen for mid summer
from SF Bay Area to Kauai $623

This is from all 3 Bay Area airports and from Sacramento. Requires flying back to Phoenix.

Edit:
further research tells me this is because of a fare sale on US Airways from Phoenix to Lihue, with an overnight return. The lowest flight is $429 RT, but Orbitz says there are only 1 - 5 tickets for that price.

Last edited:

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
United Systemwide Economy Saver Award Sale 8/18-11/18/2009

This sale is as of yet unannounced but hey, I thought TUG'ers deserved to know :)

Just use the usual UA award booking engine. Most routes are 20% off.

US -> OZ 64K
US -> EUR 44K
US -> Asia 50K typical
US domestic 20K
CONUS -> HI 30K

Enjoy! :)

Pat

Last edited:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that most of these posts are 2 years old. So the information isn't exactly current.

deemarket

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fares reduced to Maui. Just bought a USAirways ticket for BH from Phoenix for $586 for October. Yesterday they were $770. I wanted to use a $350 voucher I had but didn't have it with me at work when I saw the low fare. Called and USAirways would not hold a ticket for me they said I needed the voucher number. I went home - 25 minutes - and when I got there the fare had gone up to $774. Other airlines still have them on sale though. Good luck.

Picker57

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Air Canada whenever possible

We just returned from a delightful couple of weeks in Ireland. Our trip over was on Continental, now a United lookalike. it was...marginally tolerable. Our return flights were on Air Canada, and the contrast was amazing The comfort was so much better on the Air Canada flights -very impressive Anyone aware of timeshare locationjs serviced by Air Canada? Any American carriers appearing to give a damn about comfort?

Sorry, I just had to vent. Any observations / suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers to all,

Zach Kaplan