• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Celebrity Eclipse WB Transatlantic 10/28/2017

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This would be terrific. I've put in an OGS for Bavaria & Italy as well as England for 2-bedroom units in selected resorts for the week between our cruise and the T/A. Hopefully a match will be made.

Jim, if you have a chance to check into the perks for a T/A for booking aboard and can post back here, it'd be much appreciated.

Meantime, I'm keeping fingers X'd for a price drop that lets us move to a veranda cabin AND keep our perks for our August cruise.

Come on aboard!
Barb

What I'm seeing on Celebrity's site is not encouraging. gratuities/$300 OBC/drink pkg/internet, pick ONE. Maybe just reduced deposit will be it for booking aboard. We will want Aqua class, so who knows? I will check and report back.

Jim

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those interested, www.vacationstogo.com has rates for this cruise at $1149 inside to $1549ppl for a balcony. For 15 nights. To see details and itinerary, enter the code 11962 in their search window. I get nothing for this and am posting it fyi.

Jim

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from a transatlantic cruise and absolutely LOVED it! Left from Ft. Lauderdale and it took 8 days to go across the Atlantic. Beautiful calm seas going anywhere from 15 a 17 knots/hr. Stops included Funchal of the Madeira Islands, Cadiz Spain, Malaga Spain, Cartagena Spain and ended up in Barcelona. We spent a few days in Barcelona BUT should have planned to stay longer. It is a clean, beautiful and amazing city. The sea days were wonderful with plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy or if it suited your fancy one could relax and read in many quiet areas. We were on the Eurodam of the Holland America Line. Would do a transatlantic cruise again in a heartbeat!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has to be the cheapest transatlantic.

FastDeal 13056
Colon - Lisbon

I am interested in next years a few more days and more stops. But would prefer westbound which is in the fall.

How is the internet when crossing the Atlantic. That holds me back as well.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY

FastDeal 13056
Colon - Lisbon

I am interested in next years a few more days and more stops. But would prefer westbound which is in the fall.

The Celebrity Eclipse TA is in the fall. Stops in Boston, overnights in NYC, overnights in Bermuda, then Nassau and onto Miami. It's 15 days total and departs from Southampton England.

The closer to sail date prices often plummet. We are debating booking this cruise when we are cruising in August for a few more perks & a reduced deposit vs. waiting until next summer.

IDK about the internet on a TA, but Celebrity is supposedly upgrading its system.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

FastDeal 13056
Colon - Lisbon

That's so cheap, are you sure the passengers aren't expected to row? :) Pullmantur is a Spanish line that uses older equipment. The ship on the above cruise only has 65 balcony cabins out of several hundred.

The lines are all upgrading their internet. Formerly, Celebrity charged ~$.50/minute for barely dial-up speed. Ok for email, but certainly not for anything else. They have upgraded all their ships to a per-day rate for (supposedly) high speed. Remember though, these are all satellite based, so managed expectations will help. I'll be trying it in a couple of weeks and report back.

Jim

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were on the Monarch last fall for a week. The all inclusive drinks were great. Two small pools side by side.

Pullmantur looks to be struggling as they were to have two ships in the Caribbean this winter doing the same route but one never came back. Looks like they have pulled out of Brazil. Last summer they did a route around Cancun but this year going over to Europe.

Not a business I would want to be in.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
We've done several transatlantics and may do another this fall. I think it's way too soon to get the best prices. I'd start looking at 90 days and think about booking at 60, unless you're picky about cabin and location.

Norwegian Epic is advertising a really low price. We were on her in March, and found that so many things had been reduced to "how can we squeeze another buck out of these passengers" a lot of the fun had been taken away. Plus it's a 4400-passenger ship ... although I really don't think they can fill it for Transatlantic. Plus there's the bathroom issue ... see Cruise Critic for that.

But I'm thinking about Norwegian Jade .... smaller and more attractive route.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
What I'm seeing on Celebrity's site is not encouraging. gratuities/$300 OBC/drink pkg/internet, pick ONE. Maybe just reduced deposit will be it for booking aboard. We will want Aqua class, so who knows? I will check and report back.

Jim

The Celebrity Eclipse TA is in the fall. Stops in Boston, overnights in NYC, overnights in Bermuda, then Nassau and onto Miami. It's 15 days total and departs from Southampton England.

The closer to sail date prices often plummet. We are debating booking this cruise when we are cruising in August for a few more perks & a reduced deposit vs. waiting until next summer.

IDK about the internet on a TA, but Celebrity is supposedly upgrading its system.

I saw on the cruise critic thread that people who booked before 12/31/15 got a guarentee of "lowest price" if it drops. The thread was started 11/18/15.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281464

I am hoping the price will drop as well but have booked to guarentee my room. In the past, my TA Kathy Q has kept an eye out and has been able to get me better deals and reduced pricing if available even after I booked.

Jim, I have decided to upgrade from concierge to Aqua for the better dining option thanks to your recommendation.
I know it is currently not rock bottom pricing (as the people who booked early got) but am still happy with the deal.

Hope to see some of you aboard.