• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$399 Transfer fee

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm closing on another HGVC week at an affiliate and noticed a $399 transfer fee on the closing docs. This was news to me. The closing agent responded:

All Hilton Resorts and resorts managed by Hilton now have a $399 transfer fee.

That was disappointing news!

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. It was $299 and was increased a couple of years ago.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
That's cheap, some affiliates charge more. Bay Club is $500, $250 for an eoy. GPR resorts charge $995 for resales that have been converted.

Sent from my iPad Gen 4 using Tapatalk HD

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're going through a purchase in New York right now, and the same fee applies. Definitely real and true.

Cheers.

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Was just taken off guard since I closed on a week at the same resort last winter and there was no transfer fee.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE- $399 Resort Transfer Fee Eliminated

Called HGVC to verify the $399 resort transfer fee I am being charged for a purchase- GOOD NEWS is there is no longer a resort transfer fee :whoopie:.

I asked has it been reduced, she said no resort transfer fee:whoopie:

Only issue is I already paid as part of the purchase just last night- I assume the broker will refund, correct?

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called HGVC to verify the $399 resort transfer fee I am being charged for a purchase- GOOD NEWS is there is no longer a resort transfer fee :whoopie:.

Only issue is I already paid as part of the purchase just last night- I assume the broker will refund, correct?

Yours is an affiliate. That's why no transfer fee as you will have to pay the $399 if you want to enroll it in hgvc. For core club weeks, there still is the $399 fee.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Transfer Resort Fee Eliminated?

I was going to ask if there is a resort fee if our children inherit the timeshares to put them in their name. However if there is no longer a transfer resort fee the question is moot.

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yours is an affiliate. That's why no transfer fee as you will have to pay the $399 if you want to enroll it in hgvc. For core club weeks, there still is the $399 fee.

Yes this is an affiliate. Hmmmm. Perhaps I should call HGVC.

Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Did you both buy from Store: Timeshare Resales from CJ Timeshare
Seller User Id: cybernaut303?

I questioned a resort transfer fee (not a Hilton) that I suspected was wrong (at a resort I own) and they said the fee was new. I wasn't bidding but was curious because the fee was rather high so I contacted owner services who said that the resort transfer fee that the seller was incorrect. I emailed the seller again -who thanked me for my effort but said their closing company Timeshare Closing Company knows what they are doing and communicates directly to the resort about the required transfer fee. It didn't sell and then one week later they relisted with the incorrect fee still listed.

So be careful.

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score

I questioned a resort transfer fee (not a Hilton) that I suspected was wrong (at a resort I own) and they said the fee was new. I wasn't bidding but was curious because the fee was rather high so I contacted owner services who said that the resort transfer fee that the seller was incorrect. I emailed the seller again -who thanked me for my effort but said their closing company Timeshare Closing Company knows what they are doing and communicates directly to the resort about the required transfer fee. It didn't sell and then one week later they relisted with the incorrect fee still listed.

So be careful.

Thanks, no, this is through JRA

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, I did buy from CJ Timeshares, Seller User Id: cybernaut303.

I spoke to Doug about it last night since I didn't think that was correct but was assured if there is none that I would get my money back. I spoke to the Closing Company as well and they indicated it would be returned if that is indeed the case.

Will report back on the outcome. Since HGVC told me it is a recent change (a week or 2 ago), I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll make it right:ponder: