• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Sea Gardens Pompano Beach ?

riu girl

Reaction score
Just starting to plan 2007 Florida vacation and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Fairfield Sea Gardens in Pompano Beach. We are considering this resort and may have the option of either a studio with a full kitchen or a one bedroom with a full kitchen.

Has anyone stayed in either of these room types and if so, would you mind sharing your thoughts on these rooms or anything about the resort in general? Also, do the one bedroom units offer an in room jacuzzi?

Any thoughts on this resort would be appreciated.
Thank you

Chanook729

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the Sea Gardens 2 years ago. I heard they had some huricane damage last year and many of the units needed repair. When we were there we reserved a studio unit. The studio units are on the ocean, the rest of the resort was across the street. The studios were being renovated at the time of our visit, so we had no choice but to take a two bedroom unit. :bawl: (Which was wonderful) The resort was nice, we were there with our children (3 & 5) and they had some nice programs for the kids. I would check the resort reviews on the database to see what others have said..

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
riu girl said:
Has anyone stayed in either of these room types and if so, would you mind sharing your thoughts on these rooms or anything about the resort in general? Also, do the one bedroom units offer an in room jacuzzi?

The one bedrooms in the Ocean Palms building have jacuzzis - I don't know about the ones in the other buildings.

I posted an extensive review in the resorts data base after my visit.

ajsmithtx

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a 2 bedroom at the Ocean Palms a couple of years ago. It had a jacuzzi in the 2 bedroom. It was a very nice unit.

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there a few years ago in a 2BR in the Ocean Palms section. At least some of the studios are on the beach, the rest of the units are across the street from the beach. We liked the pool in the section on the beach best, but there were three other pools on the property. The property had beautiful landscaping while we were there; I hope it was not damaged too badly by the hurricane last year. Guests can use the tennis courts at the nearby Silverthatch building (resort or apartment complex, not sure which). There was a very good activities department and several bus or boat tours available through them. Have you checked out the web site? It is http://www.seagardens.com/

We liked the resort very much and would go back.

Topeka Tom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have always enjoyed the harness races that are about a quarter mile from the Fairfield Fairways of Palm Aire resort.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at both Sea Gardens and Fairways at Palm Aire this past February. Frankly, we prefered Fairways. Be advised that all the pools at Sea Gardens close at dusk. We couldn't understand the logic in this. We were in a 2 bedroom unit in the Key West building. It was nice, but it did have some (non-hurricane-related) maintenance issues.

The grounds were well on their way to being restored. The staff had worked very hard to get things up and running. While we were there, they were doing a lot of planting and grounds maintenance.

Dori

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tennis courts restored ?

Dori said:
The grounds were well on their way to being restored. The staff had worked very hard to get things up and running. While we were there, they were doing a lot of planting and grounds maintenance.

Anyone know if the tennis courts have been restored? TIA

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Sea Gardens, but have never stayed there. We stayed at Fairways at Palm Aire in May, since we couldn't get an RCI trade to Sea Gardens. We loved Fairways and it is only a 15 min drive to Royal Vista where you can park your car and go to the beach.

We checked out Sea Gardens while we were there, but were NOT IMPRESSED! I don't think I would ever stay there. Just give me my points.

Joe

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
joestein said:
I own at Sea Gardens, but have never stayed there. We stayed at Fairways at Palm Aire in May, since we couldn't get an RCI trade to Sea Gardens. We loved Fairways and it is only a 15 min drive to Royal Vista where you can park your car and go to the beach.

We checked out Sea Gardens while we were there, but were NOT IMPRESSED! I don't think I would ever stay there. Just give me my points.

Joe

Well we don't own at SG either but the tennis courts, beach, and evening walks to the pier are more important to us than the more deluxe Palm-Aire where our evening on the balcony was punctuated every couple of minutes with the sound of police cars, ambulances and fire trucks racing around.

To each his own I guess.

EAM/Marsha - thank you for your replies.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend and her family were there last week and were not impressed...she is clear that they will not go back.
Connie