• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Wyndham resort timeshare ownership for $36k a good option? [merged threads]

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that you attended a presentation in Virginia and signed the purchase contract in Virginia. If so, you are doubly covered because Virginia law allows you to to cancel either by a hand-delivered cancaellation or a certified mail cancellation.

If you purchased while attending a presentation in another state, that state's laws would apply.

Virginia law relating to how to cancel:
If the purchaser elects to cancel a contract pursuant to subsection A, he shall only do so either (i) by hand-delivering the notice to the developer at its principal office or at the project or (ii) by mailing the notice by certified United States mail, return receipt requested, to the developer or its agent designated in the contract. Any such notice sent by certified mail shall be effective on the date postmarked.

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phani,:banana:

I'm so happy you were able to rescind! My daughter-in-law's sister did not tell anyone until it was to late. She paid $15,000.00 - she could have purchased for approx. $1000.00 maybe a little more. So she just has to make the best of it - which is still very possible! I'll have to show her how to stretch her points.
:banana:
Marsha

turtleclan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nashville, Branson at the Falls
WM Sedona

Dear Members, I just found this site today and I am glad to be here with all of your experience and knowledge helping people understand the timeshare process. I just returned from WM Sedona, AZ, traded one of my S.Africa cheapie weeks for a lavish 2bdrm, sleeps 8, full kitch. wash/dryer and georgeous red rock views. I also went to a timeshare presentation and was told I could trade my S.Af. for WM pts. but would have to buy a comparable amount of pts in WM (147,000) at a cost of $25K. We both knew that was not going to happen, but he had me going on getting the benefits of WM pts ownership, faster trading, easier trading, no trade fee of $169 per week, WM pays your yearly RCI fee, (dang, I hope so at 25K) and on and on. I was happy to get out of there in 45 min with my wallet intact and even $75 richer in credit cards. ibattlemell you helped me get over my longing to be "one of the beautiful people" who own at WM. Thank you for that.:) Also Alan, of good humor, my friend was not allowed a presentation due to age, about a year ago. But he just did one in Durango, Co at a WM and got $100 in credit cards for his two hours of harrassment. I came and knocked on the window or he'd probably still be in the "chair".

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Weasels supply meal(s). Merry Christmas & happy resales

Good job Turtleclan - $175 for you & your friend from the Wyndham weasels and no purchase! Keep up the good work (and go as often as they let you) and never forget "Buy inexpensively - buy resale".

Scala

Reaction score
confirm the fax number to cancel the contract

Just my bit of service, the fax# to cancel the contract is 702-227-3298. This number can be confirmed from the following article.http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/206/RipOff0206261.htm

Hello, we just faxed our recision letter to 702-227-3298.

Please note that there is a typo in one of the fax numbers listed in ripoffreport. 702-277-3298 is not the fax, but rather a real estate agent in LV.

Nevertheless, the ripoffreport is a fantastic, detailed account of the heart-sinking buyer's remorse for those who have bought retail. I thank Stan, Helen and others who contributed to it.

I thank you all as well. We're newbies to the bbs (just joined as a TUG member this afternoon), but already have learned so much from your postings. Many many many thanks!

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyers Saved by the TUG

For those of you who have been saved by those slimmy timeshare weasles and either walked out or voided your contract.

Remember to take your time and do your homework. Timesharing is still a wonderful way to spend your vacation dollars. Either by renting or owning and trading; whichever works best for you at the time.

Each timeshare plan/strategy is as individual as we are. You can get lots of ideas from these good folks. Many of us here have made the mistakes and dont want you to make them too.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.