• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hooray for Me

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Congratulations from me, a new grandma! Our little grandbaby is now ten months and walking! She is such a little dolly, the image of her mommy, our daughter. It is fun to see your own child's face in miniature form again. :) She does still look like her daddy, too, with her short blond hair and very blue eyes. She is so precious. There aren't words to describe how it feels to be a grandma. It's about time. We are 52 now and have been waiting for our sons to get busy with the baby making, but our youngest beat them to it.

The only problem, they live 1 1/2 hours away. But it's a worthwhile drive. Our daughter was sick on her birthday and we couldn't get down to see her because of the snow, and were so disappointed. She needed someone to take care of her and the baby.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
And congratulations from me too, a new Grandma times 4. There is nothing like it. The milestones seem so much more important with the grandkids, maybe that's because we have more time to enjoy them then we did when we were parents of babies. I will get to spend Christmas with 2 of the 4. I know the babies won't care about the gifts this year but I have the best gifts of all!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Hooray For You !

Congratulations & Best Wishes.

The oddest & most unexpected fact in our lives about being grandparents is that nothing in the experience of parenthood adequately prepared us for what it's like being grandparents.

Our only qualm about being away 2 back-to-back timeshare weeks next month is how well we can stand a 14-day absence from our 5-year-old grandson. He lives just a mile or so from here, & we get to see him a couple of times just about every week (like today & tomorrow & Friday).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you!! I am not a grandma, but I sure do appreciate all the help grandparents provide in assisting with the kids (age 11 and 12).

Grandparents are AWESOME!!

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I envy you.

We became pretend grandparents this year because DD2's fiance' has two children. DD1 never wanted children!

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be the first Christmas in 10 years that all our chilren will be in our home(Maine, DC, Georgia). They bring along 2 spouses, one girlfriend, and our three darling grandkids(3,1, and 4 months). Our Maine kids were down in Sept and got to see Ella when she was only 2 weeks old so this is our first opportunity to take pictures with the three of them together. It is amazing that there is room in our hearts for all this love! Ella is especially a blessing from God as she was an invitro baby. She is a little spoiled but who can blame this couple who went through so much to have her.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I am going to need bigger timeshare accommodations - I'm going to be a first time GRANDMA! :D :whoopie: :clap: :cheer: :banana:

Marsha

Wow, that is exciting, congratulations!

Susan

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat,

Thank you. Lovely photos - do I see twins? Lucky you!
Marsha:whoopie:

And congratulations from me too, a new Grandma times 4. There is nothing like it. The milestones seem so much more important with the grandkids, maybe that's because we have more time to enjoy them then we did when we were parents of babies. I will get to spend Christmas with 2 of the 4. I know the babies won't care about the gifts this year but I have the best gifts of all!

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Watching my parents' adoration of my own kids has given me such joy and admiration. Sometimes I ask "who are these people, they can't be my parents."

Enjoy every precious moment!

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy & Alan,

I envy you guys with grandkids close by - mine will live in Oregon, & I'm in Illinois. :bawl:

Marsha

The only problem, they live 1 1/2 hours away. But it's a worthwhile drive. Our daughter was sick on her birthday and we couldn't get down to see her because of the snow, and were so disappointed. She needed someone to take care of her and the baby.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations & Best Wishes.

Our only qualm about being away 2 back-to-back timeshare weeks next month is how well we can stand a 14-day absence from our 5-year-old grandson. He lives just a mile or so from here, & we get to see him a couple of times just about every week (like today & tomorrow & Friday).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Janette,

Wow - I'm sure you will have a very special Christmas this year & many more to come! Congrats to you on your special new baby (& the other 2) - isn't that what your supposed to do? (Spoil)

Marsha

This will be the first Christmas in 10 years that all our chilren will be in our home(Maine, DC, Georgia). They bring along 2 spouses, one girlfriend, and our three darling grandkids(3,1, and 4 months). Our Maine kids were down in Sept and got to see Ella when she was only 2 weeks old so this is our first opportunity to take pictures with the three of them together. It is amazing that there is room in our hearts for all this love! Ella is especially a blessing from God as she was an invitro baby. She is a little spoiled but who can blame this couple who went through so much to have her.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats to you Marsha! What a special time.

I totally echo what Janapur said about watching her own parents with her children..."who are these people?!"

My parents live only 1 1/2 miles from our house and they mean everything to our 4 and 1 year olds. My parents let our kids get away with stuff I know wasn't allowed to me and my brother. But I have heard that's a grandparents perogative. So be it! We feel blessed to have my parents in our lives as much as they are. Grandparents are a wonderful gift.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Pat,

Thank you. Lovely photos - do I see twins? Lucky you!
Marsha:whoopie:

Thanks, yes the girls are twins. Hunter and the twins were born 2 days apart in Jan and my second grandson was born in June. I'm lucky that Hunter and his parents live with me so I get to see him everyday. The twins live in Ohio and I see them every few months. Baby Aidan was born in England so I've only seen him once. :( However, they will be coming home Dec. 18 and staying with the in-laws nearby for a month before they head for their new assignment in Tucson.

I forgot to mention that grandmas worry more too! It's impossible to describe the joy you will feel when you see the baby for the first time. Yesterday I got my first cards that said Grandma and boy, did that do a number on me!