• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham/Fairfield on-line reservations

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is there a feature at the Wyndham site to check availability at a resort without submitting a vacation request?

When I log-in to the site and click on the "Make Reservations" link, it starts the reservation request process and the only way I can see to find if a resort has availability is to actually submit a reservation request and wait for a response.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a feature at the Wyndham site to check availability at a resort without submitting a vacation request?

When I log-in to the site and click on the "Make Reservations" link, it starts the reservation request process and the only way I can see to find if a resort has availability is to actually submit a reservation request and wait for a response.

That is the only way, but it will not get the reservation. It is like RCI, will first show you the availability and you can pick a unit.

Try to use 1 day, so you see the max availability.

That is, if you can get to that page.:wall: :hysterical:

Jya-Ning

ps. Welcome to the Wyndham world.

Last edited:

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes,( "make reservations" is the right place) but the reservation system is/was suppose to be down till the 4th. I just tried to access, even though they say its up, but couldn't access. They have their problems with this system, but I have made several reservations thru it.

Also, when it is working properly there are hours of operation, yes even online. So, if you try to access after hours, it goes directly to the form to submit.

One more trick when it is working... is if you get that the site is busy when within the system, hit the back button on your computer each time you get this roadblock, as opposed to starting over again.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes,( "make reservations" is the right place) but the reservation system is/was suppose to be down till the 4th. I just tried to access, even though they say its up, but couldn't access. They have their problems with this system, but I have made several reservations thru it.

Also, when it is working properly there are hours of operation, yes even online. So, if you try to access after hours, it goes directly to the form to submit.

One more trick when it is working... is if you get that the site is busy when within the system, hit the back button on your computer each time you get this roadblock, as opposed to starting over again.

It has been over a year since the reservation has worked even 25 per cent of the time. They have plenty of time to post apologies and saying "it will be fixed soon" meassages but we head into the third calendar year with a disfunctional reservation system. I guess we're not paying enough fees nor are enough suckers paying retail to get a working on line system. Both RCI & Wyndham should be ashamed but the attitude is "sell more" not fix anything.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It has been over a year since the reservation has worked even 25 per cent of the time. They have plenty of time to post apologies and saying "it will be fixed soon" meassages but we head into the third calendar year with a disfunctional reservation system. I guess we're not paying enough fees nor are enough suckers paying retail to get a working on line system. Both RCI & Wyndham should be ashamed but the attitude is "sell more" not fix anything.

John, you are just a barrel of fun lately! :rofl:

I get onto the system much more often that 25% of the time. I get on about 75% of the time. Maybe it is the time of day you try?

You have been on a roll lately. :)

urple2

TUG Member
Reaction score

I certainly agree with you. It is pathetic to hear the CEO tout how wonderful the new system is going to be "at the end of december"... (07).

Hard to believe they haven't fired the bunch who's doing their computer work.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Must be your luck day, the system is up and running. I just finished my "work" and exist reservation area.

Jya-Ning

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The "ease of making a reservation" is also key part of the sales pitch - if they can't sell you right away they push the "Discovery" package so that you can "test drive" the system.

If you're going to ask people to test drive, wouldn't it be a good idea to have them use something that works?

I just checked in again and it says "The year-end processing has been completed successfully and your Wyndham Vacation Resorts reservation and consumer finance systems are now available." But I still only get the reservation request page.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
if they can't sell you right away they push the "Discovery" package so that you can "test drive" the system.

If you're going to ask people to test drive, wouldn't it be a good idea to have them use something that works?

I believe there is a catch. Discover Package does not allow you to test drive the on-line system. It should even not access the same inventory pool. You have to call a VC for that.

It is a test drive for the feeling of VIP to see if you have extra money to burn.

Jya-Ning

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I still only get the reservation request page.

Did you get redirect to https://onlineres.fairfieldresorts.com then extra control strings?

If not, then you may want to clean your cookie, logout and log-in again. I just check, look like I can get in again and look at the inventory again (slow, but again, so I guess I get miracle)

If you stuck at the page where it says the system is busy, try the back space 3 times see if it better.

Jya-Ning

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Did you get redirect to https://onlineres.fairfieldresorts.com then extra control strings?

If not, then you may want to clean your cookie, logout and log-in again. I just check, look like I can get in again and look at the inventory again (slow, but again, so I guess I get miracle)

If you stuck at the page where it says the system is busy, try the back space 3 times see if it better.

Jya-Ning

Nope - but that's probably because I'm using Discovery Points.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Jya-Ning

Clean your cookie? That is so appropo! I am good at cleaning out the cookies, especially the soft sugar cookies from Target that we bought for 75% off yesterday. :hysterical:

My daughter was having a terrible time getting to the reservations, but I could do it almost every time. Finally, she did figure out that she needed to clear, then go back in again. It works for her more often now. I still don't have many problems with it.

bhodgson

TUG Member
Reaction score
reservations quest

When we were working with Discovery Points we had a terrible time and you are right it must be within their hours and yes who do they pay to set up their website and maintain - better than when they started but still bad. I have found most of my luck using the phone - less time with than waiting for the re- sync on the computer : ) sign of my patience level - and sometimes there are units available that never show up on the site. If you are new to Fairfield - I know Wyndham - get an education from the user group . we made the transition about 4 years ago and when I started - I hated the points and after being educated and almost 20 years in timesharing - get it and love making my points work - better than 75 % after Christmas sales!

the good news for us was that we used our points to buy a property and then used those same points for a vacation - lets hope that Wyndham does not communicate any better with Discovery for you! Good luck and have patience!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Tx for the comments. I finally deduced I needed to call them to use the points. Which I did and zeroed out the account, staying 10 days at Kona Hawaiian Village4 next summer.

Tom T

TUG Member
Reaction score
I go to a resort and then click "check availabilty". You get almost everyweek available, sometimes. I usually look then call them direct. I agree that the new website works partime. We recently (last November) asked a salesperson to prove that it was easy to log on and make a reservation, she couldn't get any info either. Naturally I had a big smile for her but didn't say I told you so. Yes we took the free meal and left. without a purchase. THANK YOU TUG.

Tom T

TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to heavy on-line traffic, we are not able to grant access to the system. Please try again later or call Vacation Planning at 800-251-8736.

This is what you get this AM.

urple2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tx for the comments. I finally deduced I needed to call them to use the points. Which I did and zeroed out the account, staying 10 days at Kona Hawaiian Village4 next summer.

Keep in mind to ask for the upper floor unit. I forgot and the footstep noise was driving me nuts!:eek:

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve,

Make sure you don't get unit 14A - unless of course you like roaches! I'd also avoid 14B since it is downstairs!

Marsha:eek:
------------------------------

Don't keep on blaming yourself. Blame yourself once and then move on.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score

Steve:

You do know for that program, you can rent point at $5 per 1K at 60 day's period, so if you want to travel today to some places within 60days, you can call them and rent point and I suspect you may have VIP right, so you will get discount (maybe 25%?). So although you have zero out your point, you have not zero out your possibility of using that account. It is very useful if you know the area is on a shoulder season.

Jya-Ning

Tom T

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online Reservations:

:zzz: Due to heavy on-line traffic, we are not able to grant access to the system. Please try again later or call Vacation Planning at 800-251-8736
This is the note I got tonight. Revamped the system but forgot to had server capacity. :rolleyes:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
:zzz: Due to heavy on-line traffic, we are not able to grant access to the system. Please try again later or call Vacation Planning at 800-251-8736
This is the note I got tonight. Revamped the system but forgot to had server capacity. :rolleyes:

Actually, as I know, they are in the last stage of deliver a new system, they have asked few owners to test the new on-line. Which maybe one of the reason old on-line system become more unusable sounds like they use the same resource.

Jya-Ning

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Actually, as I know, they are in the last stage of deliver a new system, they have asked few owners to test the new on-line. Which maybe one of the reason old on-line system become more unusable sounds like they use the same resource.

Jya-Ning

The "old system" hasn't come close to reliable operation in over 2 years. Now they roll out a ballyhooed "new" system on the same, tired hardware and limited bandwidth? Seriously, these guys make AOL look like programming and financial geniuses! I did just get ANOTHER letter apologizing about the poor on line service and delays. What is that now - 5 letters? If they used the postage and paper cost to send out all these apologies and put the money toward quality programmers maybe the site would be up and running.

It is beyond mere incompetence that they keep raising fees and delivering nothing. May if I bought to VIP level at retail it would work?

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is beyond mere incompetence that they keep raising fees and delivering nothing.

No, last year the program actually reduce fee. This year, it does raising the fee in several area. As trust, just like POA, I believe the Tax structure is very different and make excessive fee heavy cost.

This year I believe the developing effort is belong to the FF-VC department. Last few year, I believe it is belong to MIS department at overall corp level. So this year there will be some product that maybe looking good, that by no means workable or reliable. I do know few owners have been involved in testing.

May if I bought to VIP level at retail it would work?

That is a thought, I believe every little things help, but if you think that way, don't buy upfront, sign a contract that define what kind of stuff you want see before you pay the sale's department. So sale's will put more pressure to make it looks right.

Jya-Ning

Tom T

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online Reservations:

:doh: I give up I tried this AM and have decided that I won't try again for at least a month. Maybe they will get an IT Company that knows how to create a website. At least the phone people are knowledgeable and nice to talk to.:wave:

Tom T

TUG Member
Reaction score
It Works!!!!!!!

I tried last night and the new system seems to work very well. :)