• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grandmas

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
grandparents names

are Mommy-O and Daddy-O.

these names just dropped in from heaven, and stuck!

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I became a first-time grandma last weekend! My grandson, Weston (Wes), arrived 6 weeks early via c-section. It was a scary day, but he seems to be doing well. I haven't felt the real grandma feelings yet because we can't hold and snuggle him for any length of time. We hope by the end of the week he'll stabilize and we can cuddle!

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Rose Pink,

I also found out that I'm going to be a grandma about a month ago. It is so exciting! Our's is due mid July.

Marsha

I received news yesterday, Christmas Day, that I am going to be a grandma! I am so thrilled. This is the reward I get for not killing my son when he was a teenager. I don't even have any morning sickness. Fantastic!

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kepi,

Also congratulations to you - the proud grandma! I can hardly wait for my turn:banana:

Marsha

I became a first-time grandma last weekend! My grandson, Weston (Wes), arrived 6 weeks early via c-section. It was a scary day, but he seems to be doing well. I haven't felt the real grandma feelings yet because we can't hold and snuggle him for any length of time. We hope by the end of the week he'll stabilize and we can cuddle!

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hope all goes well and you get to hold him soon. I'm still dancing around with joy and ours isn't due until sometime around August 1--on the other side of the country. I'm trying to figure out how we are going to get there. I think a nice long, scenic drive with frequent sight-seeing days would make a great vacation. DH just wants to fly.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH just wants to fly.

I'm on his side...I don't think I could stand a long drive when all I'd want to do is GET THERE!

My Wes is doing well today. Eating, alert, and even had his first bath. Mom and dad have been able to cuddle with him skin-to-skin. Yay!

Congrats to everyone on their upcoming grandbabies!

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congratulations, glad everything has improved and you are now getting to enjoy the little guy more. So very cool to cuddle.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
CONGRATS. I am totally jealous of all you real grandmothers. DD2's fiance' has 2 children so I am a pretend grandmother. I will just have to be satisfied with that.

I'm one of those - I have no children, but my husband does. We have a 5 yo grandgirl and a grandboy will be here Jan 18th. It's very exciting!

I'm not sure if you two are being facetious, so please forgive me if I'm stepping out of line. But you're just as real or as pretend as you choose to be!

I'm a grandpa, and love being one. Had no children of my own, but I married my DW when my step-son was 15. He lived with us for just 9 months; we were both afraid that one of us would kill the other, so he went back to his real dad.

He's 40 now, and I'm definitely a grandpa to my darling little Lexie. She's the light of my life. I like to tell people that having a grandkid without having raised a kid is like getting dessert without having had to eat your vegetables.

Re the name thing. Since Lexie has 4 sets of grandparents, my DIL asked DW & I how we wanted to be referred to. She's glamma (she's quite glamorous), and I asked to be referred to as GrandBob. But when Lexie was 11 months old and starting to talk, she couldn't quite get it and started calling me Bob-Bob. Everyone thought it was cute, and it stuck.

She's going to be 5 next week. On our last visit, it finally dawned on her that I'm sometimes referred to as Bob-Bob, and sometimes as grandpa. So she asked me, "Bob-Bob, are you my grandpa?" I said "I sure am, sweetie." She asked, "Then why do I call you Bob-Bob?" Everyone thought it hilarious, but I explained the derivation. We're going there (5 hrs away) for her 5th bday this weekend, so we'll see what she calls me.

Congratulations Rose! You'll love it, I'm sure!

Last edited:

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the way down to Sun City HHI from Maine, our three-year-old said she couldn't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa's sled and play in their snow. We all had a great time even though we were a little warmer than she had expected. We had all three(3,13 months, and 4 months) for Christmas. How very blessed we are!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine

Congratulations! In a few months he'll catch up to those babies born on time. My twin granddaughters were born 7 weeks early but they were home in a week. They're 11 months and are walking.

I have to add this, I'm so excited. All 4 of the grandbabies will be here starting tomorrow thru Sunday morning! It's the first time they will have all been together. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have fun Pat! I was so exhausted after they all left Christmas but it was the most wonderful exhaustion I've ever experienced.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the first picture of my grandbaby--my DIL e-mailed me an ultrasound. I never had one of those when I was pregnant. They weren't done in my day unless problems were suspected. I didn't know the gender until the little one was born. These days they all seem to get the ultrasounds as part of routine prenatal care. It is way too soon to tell from the ultrasound what the sex of this one is yet but it was still fun to see.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the first picture of my grandbaby--my DIL e-mailed me an ultrasound. I never had one of those when I was pregnant. They weren't done in my day unless problems were suspected. I didn't know the gender until the little one was born. These days they all seem to get the ultrasounds as part of routine prenatal care. It is way too soon to tell from the ultrasound what the sex of this one is yet but it was still fun to see.

Thank goodness for ultrasounds! My daughter was measuring small and the doctor sent her for an ultrasound as they are able to measure the amount of amniotic fluid. She apparently had a leak and over the course of 2 weeks, lost most of her fluid. The baby was born via emergency c-section after back-to-back ultrasounds showed a big fluid loss. He's supposed to come home this week!:cheer:

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted to show off this beautiful photo of my daughter and baby Wes, taken by my son-in-law.

IMG_5032.jpg

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
So cute! :)

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had to resurrect this thread. Hubby and I are bursting with joy as the unbelievable has really happened -

We are finally going to be GRANDPARENTS!!!! :banana:

Just found out last weekend that my youngest daughter (now 26) is going to have a BABY!! :clap: Since writing the post below, she has met someone and now they are expecting their first child.

So hope you are all enjoying being Grandmas, I am sooo.... looking forward to September when I join the ranks.

The only downside is that she lives in Arlington, VA, and I live in NJ. Guess I'll be tracking a lot of miles down I95. :D In fact, my sister and I have already decided to look for an apartment to sublet for a month or two right around her due date so that we can be right there and not miss the birth. (And help her out when she first comes home with the baby.)

I've also decided that whatever this child calls me will be fine with me, although I would love it be Gram, which is what my girls called my mom.

BTW, we absolutely adore my oldest daughter's yellow lab (Mikey). He is beautiful, but at 18 months and nearly 90 pounds, no longer "adorable". He is an absolute sweetheart, though, and has a very special place in our hearts. He has a wonderfully sweet disposition and the baby will love him. (He'll be 2 when the baby comes, still a puppy.)

My sister's granddaughter (Rachel) named my mom (her great-grandma) MiMi also. It wasn't what my mom originally wanted to be called (and we have no idea where it came from, she just started to call my mom that as soon as she started talking), but since it came from Rachel, my mom adored it. So she was MiMi and always very proud of it.

BTW, I'm still Kaka - and Rachel's almost 10 now. But that's okay, because she may be the closest thing I ever have to grandchildren. My daughters are 25 & 26 and aren't even looking yet - they are intent on establishing careers, working, grad. school, etc. Hubby & I have done more than hinted - it is now a running joke in our family. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of them; they are completely independent and have both lived on their own since graduating college. BUT WE WANT GRANDCHILDREN TO SPOIL & SPEND TIME WITH & TAKE ON VACATION!!!

So congratulations to all of you grandparents out there - so glad you are enjoying those little blessings! We envy you!! And to Rose Pink - whatever they decide to call you, you'll be thrilled, especially if it's something that they come up with on their own.

Have a safe & healthy New Year (everyone)!
:) Kathy

PS - My oldest daughter got a puppy 4 months ago (yellow lab). He is adorable and I love him but I told her in no uncertain terms that that does not qualify as a grandchild!!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Congratulations & Best Wishes.

Good of you to share the great news with your TUG-BBS friends.

Congratulations.

If it's a boy child & his mom names him Graham, then Gram won't be an ideal choice of grandmother nickname.

It's always something.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

Nothing at all is quite as wonderful as being a Grandma - no matter what they decide to call you. On the days when I pick up my 2 year old granddaughter at preschool I can hear her call out Mommom Mommom as soon as she sees me walk thru the door. I don't know why I am "Mommom" since everyone around us refers to me as Grandma when she is within hearing distance.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just had to resurrect this thread. Hubby and I are bursting with joy as the unbelievable has really happened -

Congratulations! I know how you feel about the distance. Mine is across the country and I've only seen her a couple of times. They are moving to Washington state next summer so at least they will be a little closer. I may have to go live there. ;)

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
I know what you mean - I live in Oregon and mine are in Southern California and Florida :( - and I work full time so there is never enough time to see them as much as I'd like and we're expecting a new grandchild in May. I'm really envious of the grandparents on the other sides - they both live near the grandchildren and see them all the time. But I'm also happy for the time I get with them - at least I'm here to watch them grow up and their parents try to keep us up on everything and send lots of photos. There's always Skype and video cameras which help. And it doesn't matter what you want or think they might call you - they will decide what that might be and I'm willing to bet you'll love it no matter what they choose :)

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this original thread, but your post brought back special memories

Our grandson is 8-1/2 and the joy of our life. He wanted to come to our house for Christmas - WITHOUT his parents!!! That was what he wanted for Christmas from his Dad (our son). He flew out last Friday and we are having a great time. We made sure that Santa came.

He has started making plans for spring break and his entire summer vacation! Last summer he stayed with us 11 weeks and loved it - so did we! He is great. We treasure our time with him and are so glad that he wants to spend so much time with us.

My Mom was a single Mom and always worked to support me and my brother. During the summers and many weekends during the year, we stayed with our Grandparents, who were about 30 minutes from where we lived.

My grandparents made everything so special for us. Unfortunately, my grandfather passed away when I was 14, and my grandmother moved back to Kansas to take care of her mother and didn't move back until she was too ill to take care of herself, and passed on soon after.

But reading your post brought back some of my most fondest memories. The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren can be so, so special. Unfortunately, my mother and my two sons have never really developed that special relationship and she lives about 15 minutes away. I dunno.:shrug:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for resurrecting the thread and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Just found out last weekend that my youngest daughter (now 26) is going to have a BABY!! :clap: Since writing the post below, she has met someone and now they are expecting their first child.

So hope you are all enjoying being Grandmas, I am sooo.... looking forward to September when I join the ranks.

My sons are 15, so I don't want to be a grandparent any time in the forseeable future, of course. But my fondest memories are the relationship I had with my grandparents and reading through the posts (I hadn't seen this thread orginally) brought all those wonderful memories back.

The best to you and yours!!!!! :wave:

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I became a grandma at the ripe old age of 50 last February. Madison Carol Diane Humphries is the apple of my eye and of her grandpas as well. Her parents have since separated and life has not been easy but through it all our focus has been on our precious granddaughter. Its true, there is nothing like it and so much more fun than being a mother! I also do Maddie's daycare 2 weeks out of the month and now that she is 'active' this grandma is exhausted most of the time. There is a reason why God never intended for 50 year old women to be mothers! ;)