• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

There is no bottom (Weasel Report)

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We are at the Grand Desert for a week. Happy to hear that they "no longer 'required' (note: they can't require it of owners) that you attend a full owners update at the 'center' - they can just come to your room for 15 min with 5 easy questions". Of course to even hear that you have to take the walk from the check in desk to the Owners desk or whatever its called just to get your parking pass (we know THAT can't be handed out by the front desk - the level of competence requied is WAY beyond them).

So the weasel arrives at the door. He isn't a salesman, doesn't care what we do (read "how stupid you are not to buy into this crap") and will be in and out in no time after he shows us how to use our ownership.

I could type for hours but here's the highlights in summary form:

- We only own 126,000 points at Kingsgate (of curse its actually 252,000 but lets not let facts get in the way). Thats an old resort. Their fees are going up. They had a special assessment (true). They aren't done (they say they are - so if this weasel knows something we owners haven't been told how can that be?) That isn't even a "full deed" anymore as it isn't a full 2 BR at "most resorts". Funny, last time I looked it was still a full, 2BR recorded deed.
- If we don't "maintain our account - you know, like an old car, it will become unreliable and won't get you places". How is that done? Buy more retail points of course!
- Keeping our points based a an "old resort" means we are going to regret it. I asked if points are no longer points - are some a point and a half now? No, thats silly. But new points are SO much better!
- Wyndham is so aware of the resale price problem. They WILL take steps to fix it within the year! Really? You will do something to make the (new price just today of course) $.20 point I buy retail worth more than $01-.02 on the day the rescind period runs out? YES! Of course it won't be for those who are "taking advantage of the real owners and buying resale for pennies. We will buy back your retail points for the sale price less 20% toward NEW points!" (at retail of course - but I guess it is those "better" points) And maybe if you have some old resale points we might buy those too.
- When the new Desert Blue resort opens these old points "will never get you in there on a Holiday or New Yeas". (Ignoring the fact that we're staying NOW on a holiday week as we always do with our "old" points)

On and on and on. In one breath he admits VIP is all fluff - not worth paying for. In the next he's pushing why we NEED to be VIP. Totally ignores my repeatedly pointing out that for what it costs to buy what he's offering "to save me money" I can buy 4 times more points resale AND pay ten years of fees and STILL be ahead out of pocket. "You won't be VIP or have privileges".

So the games never end and they think they are offering a value. Pity the poor owner/buyer that falls for the scam. The in room visit is only worth $25 vs $75 in the center but it was much shorter.

These jokers are insane! They can't see the value just isn't there for retail.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
So instead of giving you a chance to shout "resell" in front of all the new potential meat, they will come to your room. And instead of you can leave the room, now you have depended on them leave the room? And they give you less. That is progress.:D

Jya-Ning

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So instead of giving you a chance to shout "resell" in front of all the new potential meat, they will come to your room. And instead of you can leave the room, now you have depended on them leave the room? And they give you less. That is progress.:D

Jya-Ning

I Weasel land that is "improvement"!

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were in Vegas March 2006 - they offered to come to our room (less gift also) - but there was no way I wanted them to come to the room. We or I should say our points, were also insulted! Our points were not from an "International Resort". This must be a pretty standard policy at the Grand Desert! Boy - the B S sure does fly!

Marsha :hysterical:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Whoa! Bringing The Sales Pitch To You -- That's New.

So the games never end and they think they are offering a value.
Do they really think that?

Or do they know full well that it's baloney but they've got to keep on peddling it regardless?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally understand, I will not go on anymore with Wyndam...it frustrates me as an owner who is really not buying anymore pts from the developer! Now other resorts...they are open game...

jdb0822

Reaction score
IMHO, I work all year, and out of 52 weeks of that year, I get 2 weeks for vacation, one of which I will use my pts for a vacation. After travelling, etc. I get about 5 total days of vacation time on my pts, basically comes out to 120hrs of vacation relax time.

No amount of money or gifts is worth me sacrificing my time to hear a sales pitch on something I don't want to buy.

As crazy as it sounds, look at it this way, would you goto to a store to hear a 2hr high pressure pitch on a $25,000 state of the art microwave oven that you know you won't buy just to get $75 while you are on your family vacation?

:D

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you buy some of their stock, the owner update kind of help you get a feel how the business go, and what kind of risk that company is facing. And you may feel 2 hr is not enough time.

Jya-Ning

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In Hawaii we got a welcome visit and a gift pack...a cheap Hawaii mug, pack of cards, keychain, and a little 2 cup bag of Kona blend coffee, presented in a nice insulated picnic bag. It took maybe 10 min of my time for the "update" while my friends took their good ol time getting ready to start the day. Plus, I had fun checking out the OPC's expensive rings and necklaces...clearly a high-maintenance kinda gal. :p

Robnsunny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just say no thank you and ask at that sales not call or come to your room. I've never had a problem at any Wyndham where I've said that.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Just say no thank you and ask at that sales not call or come to your room. I've never had a problem at any Wyndham where I've said that.
Same here. :)

jberndt10

TUG Member
Reaction score
They offered the in room update in
Daytona Ocean walk or 2 tickets to Kennedy Space center for the usual "update." We said we'd do the usual for 4 tickets, because we decided on the way to Florida that we would only do the pitch for that. They agreed. The only problem was the poor saleswoman who had to listen to our complaints about how bad the room was and the less than honest assistant guest services manager. I really felt bad for her cause she didn't know what to do with us after the first 5 minutes when we told her we wouldn't go look at the presidential suite cause it would only make us feel worse.
Now, because her whole sequence was now out of sync, she just couldn't recover.

Don40

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attend the updates to hear about the new resorts and now the new presiential reserve. It takes about 3 to 4 visits before you can get the complete story as every resort has their twist on the story. I feel for 1 hour, it is not bad to get $75 or $100 and I hear about what is comming up. In life there is no free lunch, and $75 pays for my family of 4 a decent lunch. I always get my real facts from TUG and compare the lies to the facts. I guess I am a glutten for punishment. :wave:

Don

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
So is Wyndam giving Westgate some competition on the sales weasles scale? :doh:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A few lies even DVC and Marriott will tell. Wyndhams no different. Wastegate...

So is Wyndam giving Westgate some competition on the sales weasles scale? :doh:

Not even close! If you say NO to Wyndham, story over.

Wyndham doesn't sell you one thing then try to change it later (VIP isn't sold - it's a bonus - what they give they can take away). Wastegate has a history of making questionable all the way to illegal changes after the fact - and then trying to defend their actions or simply refusing to reply at all.

No, the two are entirely different even though both need to have OWNERS take over the resort Boards. Wyndham has always delivered what they sold and what your documents / rules say you bought. Wastegate is not only the worst on sales but then try to screw their own owners by changing things they bought and that they have no right to do.

Stay away from both at retail pricing as it simply isn't a good value. Stay away from Wastegate at even resale pricing as it is a group that is corrupt from top to bottom by many owners/guests/employees reports. Wyndham at resale is one of the great bargains in a multi-resort timeshare system.

One delivers and one is always looking to take your money.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeos2:

I was giving you a hard time. We both own Westgate and I have my own set of complaints/advantages as others do.

I enjoy reading your posts. You bring up very good points.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
So the weasel arrives at the door. He isn't a salesman, doesn't care what we do (read "how stupid you are not to buy into this crap") and will be in and out in no time after he shows us how to use our ownership.

- When the new Desert Blue resort opens these old points "will never get you in there on a Holiday or New Yeas". (Ignoring the fact that we're staying NOW on a holiday week as we always do with our "old" points)
I guess he couldn't see you :hysterical:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Operating System One.

Timeos2:

I was giving you a hard time. We both own Westgate and I have my own set of complaints/advantages as others do.

I enjoy reading your posts. You bring up very good points.
Shux, timeos2 is so sensible & well informed that it makes me wonder what the original -- timeos1 -- would have been like.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​