• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A sad message from John M Faeth's wife [photo added 5/5]

Betty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Lorelei,

My deepest condolences go out to you and all of John's family and friends. Your loving tribute shows what a truly kind and caring man he was, and I am deeply saddened that you have been parted so suddenly. May your memories of all the happy times you spent together bring you comfort until the day comes when you are once again reunited forever. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during the difficult days ahead.

Betty

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
John was only too willing to give of himself to total strangers that he would likely never meet except through this board. I can only imagine how giving he was to those around him. Our loss, our pain is only a thimble against yours. My prayers are with you and all who John touched.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am saddened to hear the news

John and I had both a business and personal relationship. It started with his closing company and ended with him calling me to check on my husband and me when we were traveling.

He closed several of my contracts, and through him, I was able to purchase a property I have always wanted to own. He did so unselfishly, I might add. He could have bought that contract himself, but when he decided to pass on it, he called me next. I am going to be going to my new Frenchman Cove property in January and while I am there in the USVI I will think of John.

I'll give you another personal kindness John did for us. We were cruising in the Caribbean and he made arrangements for us to use his USVI property for the day. He called down there, set up passes and even arranged for towels for us. How do you thank a guy who was so concerned for our happiness that he arranged a fun day for us when he had no place to go. That was John-- and he will be missed.

John would often say to me, when I was upset over this or that, that "I was healthy and what did a timeshare matter if we both had our health". What indeed!! Looking back on John's words, I realize now how important they were. I will miss John and I feel badly that I didn't see this post sooner.

I send my condolences to his family .He will be in my prayers.

natescape

Reaction score
Aw, man

I bought a week at Celebrity Orlando from him a couple of years ago. I spoke to and/or emailed with him several times and he always was helpful, friendly, and classy. His death is a loss to the world at large.

Our condolences to his wife and family. I'm sure he will be sorely missed.

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
Lorelei - my deepest sympathy to you and your family. As you can see by so many posts of sadness and loss, John has immeasurably touched our hearts on TUG. We will not forget his generousity and loving spirit.

barb1228

Reaction score
I'm so saddened by his passing. He was so knowledgeable and always helpful when I had a question. My condolences.

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the very best of the good guys.

I didn't know John hardly at all, but yet on a few occasions, found myself on the phone with him, as he offered me help in a situation.

Very sad. Rest in peace John.

Reaction score
I have been away, and just saw this. I haven't been a member here for a very long time, but John's posts were always very helpful and he always seemed like a truly nice person.

My condolences to his family.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my thoughts and prayers to his family - and to him.
I read each line and had a drink as requested. I can imagine him relaxing and watching a favorite sunset somewhere at one of his favorite destinations.

MiaSRN62

TUG Member
Reaction score
My deepest condolences to the family on John's passing. The Irish blessings/prayers are very touching. May memories comfort you.

Corky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from vacation and am completely shocked to read of John's sudden death. How could such a vibrant Irish man with a zest for life be gone? Unbelievable.

I learned so much from John - kindness, humor, generosity, not to mention the in's and out's of timesharing. There was never a question too small for John's attention. He gave completely of his knowledge and expertise to anyone seeking to learn about TUG, timeshares, closings, or . . . anything. He was totally unselfish.

Our phone conversations revolved arournd our love of timesharing, travel and a shared Irish Catholic heritage from Queens, NY.

There's a hole in my heart today. We are all better people for having known John.

Condolences to John's family.

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a shock to hear this news. John caught the "timeshare bug" from me as I sold John his first timeshare(Shawnee Winter week). I know he went on to buy very many more timeshares & got involved in timesharing then way deeper then me. I'll also miss his participation & advise on tug....

reddiablosv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy life.

I too was shocked to hear of John's passing. Retirement is a promise, not a guarantee. From his posts, I think John understood this. I think he would tell us not to wait too long to figure out how to enjoy life, and I think Timeshares were part of his answer. I hope his wife and heirs know how to best manage his TS's. If they have any questions, I hope they will come to TUG to find the answers. Ben

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just read about John's passing. Our prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace John.

madex

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was away for a while from the Board.

My deepest sympathy to his wife and family. I remember reading his posts, where he generously shared his knowledge with us.

Sincerely

Maria

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
such sad news

It's been a while since I've been to this website so I am certainly saddened to find out the news of John's death at this time. The sentiments Loreli expressed brought tears to my eyes but at the same time confirmed thoughts of a life well lived and embraced to the fullest. John's presence will be missed here and no doubt in many areas out in the "real world". May he rest in peace. My sincerest condolences to his family.

JohnsFriend

Reaction score
Missing John...

Hello Everyone,

I am a friend of John's going back to High School. I talked with him from time to time over the years and actually got together with him about a month before he left us... I never would have imagined it would be the last time I saw him. The last time I talked with him was about 9 days before he passed on.

John talked about a lot of things that day we were together. There was so much we reminisced about that one night. One of the things he could not wait to do again was go on a trip to St. Martin again when things he was working on at home were settled. I actually imagined that I might come with him to see the island some day in the future (I have never been out of the U.S. except for a short trip to Canada one summer years ago).

St. Martin was his escape and his rejuvenation (spell check??)...

I miss him dearly. Sadly, I never imagined him ever really being gone and almost hoped this was a bad dream for me. He and I grew up together and although we went different ways we still came from the same place and always went back from time to time. I talk to him all the time now. God I miss his replies...

Well, if it is o.k. with your group I would like to write memories of John from time to time. I guess it is the least I can do to keep him mewmory alive.
I will not fill up your space. I would like to remember my friend in a place where he liked to be with people he liked to be with.

Yes, my name is also John.

- God Bless All,
John

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi John...so glad that you posted. I did not see this thread previously. My prayers are with his family. He sounds like he was a lovely man.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
John, what a wonderful tribute, and of course you may post here as much as you'd like.

I visit this thread every now and then, and I am so sorry that he has left us. He added so much to this site. His knowledge was not matched by many here, if any.

When a thread is brought back from months ago, and John posted on it, I would feel so sad to see his wise words, and I even once thought, "maybe he isn't really gone?" I thought it was some sort of mistake, then I saw the date on the old post. So sad. I feel the same about Ken K too.

taffy19

Reaction score
John, I am very sorry you lost a good friend from so many years back. An old friendship is precious and your memories of him will be very welcome here, I am sure.

I didn't know him personally or from emails or PMs either but his replies to people here were always very thoughtful and he knew what he was writing about.

Welcome to TUG. :)