• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Feedback on this Ebay auction

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190243718600&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

This is in my backyard and while the MF are a bit high (about $4.50/k), I think I really want in at 189k vs. 154k for the fexibility in places like Orlando during school vacations, etc.

The use year is January so if I won this auction, would my only choice be to roll these points into RCI because of the length of closing time? Is there anyway I could tell if there was availability in Orlando in December, 2008 before I'm in the FF system?

Many thanks,
Jo-Ann

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joann,

You have to be a member to check available. I checked the Cypress, Star & Bonnet Creek - there is availability up until Dec 19th - Christmas is pretty slim pickings currently.

You might be able to rent your points out as opposed to depositing them in RCI. Here is a link to Wyndham group. I believe you have to be a member to list your points for rent. http://forums.atozed.com/ucp.php?mode=register

I put my first years points in RCI - since I did not have time to book a reservation.

Good luck,
Marsha:hi:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190243718600&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

This is in my backyard and while the MF are a bit high (about $4.50/k), I think I really want in at 189k vs. 154k for the fexibility in places like Orlando during school vacations, etc.

The use year is January so if I won this auction, would my only choice be to roll these points into RCI because of the length of closing time? Is there anyway I could tell if there was availability in Orlando in December, 2008 before I'm in the FF system?

Many thanks,
Jo-Ann

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you did not know things about this resort and just looked at the points table you may assume that 189K points is better than 154K because that would enable you to book a week there in a two bedroom during weeks 25-35.

This is a converted weeks resort and there is little reason for owners of prime time weeks to convert when they can rent their summer weeks for $2,500 and above. So most of them did not.

The 189K points probably represents a 3 bedroom owner who converted to points a week in the 17-24 or 36-43 range. And for ARP purposes that is likely to be where you can reserve.

When bidding on one of these you need to know the underlying unit size and week information. Unless you really want to use the points in Orlando.

jmpellet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I know that it's no longer there. From the valuable advice I've received here, I plan to sit out as long as it takes to find the right option for my family so I'm ok with that. I have the spreadsheet from TUG that lists whether a resort is all UDI and there are some that aren't listed at all (like the Newport locations). Should I assume these are all acquired Wyndham properties and are likely a mix of fixed/UDI?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
No you should not assume that.

If you are referring to the spreadsheet I think you are, I don't believe it is available on TUG, if you got it from wyndhamowners.org then it was UDI resorts at the the time prepared in 2005?

Didn't include all the Newport RI resorts because they are all converted weeks only. There are very few resorts that are a mix of UDI and converted weeks. You are probably better off asking on one you suspect and are interested in.

Off the top of my head the mixed ones include Westwinds, Kingsgate, Bentley Brook and there may be more I'm forgetting.

That spreadsheet naturally will not include UDI resorts added since.

Last edited: