• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Preferred Invitation" to Sheraton Vistana Villages

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Don and I got a mailing yesterday with an offer for 4 nights in a 1BR at SVV at $149 pp for the two of us plus 2 children u/18 free, good for check-in within 12 months subject to availability. Additional nights and a larger unit may be available. Offer also includes 5,000 StarPoints or a $100 gc to Planet Hollywood.

There is NOTHING anywhere in the mailing about a sales presentation being a requirement, and it's definitely for a 1BR at SVV. Both are different terms from the usual Marriott mailings which say outright that a presentation is included and that you could be placed in a local hotel rather than onsite at the timeshare resort. Of course I'm skeptical, thinking they'll give me the hooks when/if I call or in the confirmation email?

We'd have no problem saying "no" anyway and might be interested if SVV has a good reputation. Anybody want to offer an opinion? Thanks! :)

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
NO Sales Pres?

We also got the offer. When you make the reservation they inform you of a
1 1/2 hr presentation (Sched for 1230 or 1300 the day after you arrive). They tell you you when you check in their may be other times available.
Would not count on that. :hysterical:

Ours included a rental car. :whoopie:

We combined with other SO's for a week long vacation. :cheer:

We bought a 2BR SVV on E-Bay for 900 plus 450 closing and requalified on a 2 X 2BR Fixed Week, Fixed Room upgrade AT WPORV and they bought our 2BR unit for $17,000 against $20,000 cost. OOP $4,350
Now we have 2 Ocean front, Second floor, corner Bldg 6 by the pool and same in Bldg 7 :whoopie:

We found SVV to be a great venue for Orlando. We always enjoyed our stay. This stay probably wont be the best room/view but hey why are do we go to Orlando?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you provide the telephone number. . .

on the mailing? I might just be in the market for a visit!:hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is NOTHING anywhere in the mailing about a sales presentation being a requirement, and it's definitely for a 1BR at SVV.

Historically, Starwood does not require you to attend a presentation on these offers, but they will attempt to lure you in with something like a $100 gift card. This a great resort - if you want to go to Orlando, no reason not to accept the offer.

This is exactly how I bought a $45,000 TS at WKORV, before I met TUG. :D

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We received one to Westin Kierland. It was for 5 days and 4 nights for $349.
Offer was $75 resort credit or 5000 points.

Our first timeshare experience was on a similar trip to Marriott Maui. They only had about 1/3 of the rooms converted to timeshares at that time. I came back and researched to find it was cheaper to buy resale. I did, however, end up buying a cheap EOY unit direct after owning for a few years.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We did a similar deal for Poipu Sheraton, Kauai - great deal back in 2005 - 5 nites including rental car and free breakfast (and upgraded to OF - where my TUG photo came from), and $100 resort credit for $565 (!!!) - and no sales presentation required.
They offered up another $100 (on top of $100 already given) to attend the Sales Presentation.
Like Denise, I found TUG, rescinded OF WKORVN (pre-construction) at an embarrassing price of $74K (ouch) - and bought resale OF WKORV.

If you attend the Sales presentation - you know already not to buy, but also do not get talked into purchasing the Explorer Package that the Exit interviewer will try and sell you.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What was the Poipu Sheraton Kauai? I've not heard of that?

It is a hotel - Starwood sometimes houses guests in their hotels, on TS pkgs. When we bought at WKORV, we were housed at the Westin Hotel.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella

That particular property doesn't participate in SVN. However, they often offered stays at nearby Starwood hotels in order to entice people to tour their new timeshares. I bought a similar deal for Sheraton Black Rock, again with no timeshare presentation required.* It was right after WKORV opened and as WKORV-N was being built.

We ended up forfeiting that trip and buying resale, too.

*I believe that Hawaii may have a rule against forced sales presentations.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

It is a Starwood (Sheraton) hotel in Poipu, Kauai - SVO had an extensive Sales office at the time (remember that they will going to build another SVO resort in Poipu... right...) - and gave us all sorts of goodies (like a very nice hardback coffee table book for Maui - that we still have)

It all was very enticing - and we got sucked in - although I did warn the Salesperson that I would likely rescind as I do not buy spontaneously (w/o research). But, it was a friend from Kauai that suggested a search "Timeshare Nightmares" when we got home - as he didn't want to say anything bad directly as his friend worked in SVO sales there.

I did search - found TUG - and rescinded next day (my first post was responded to by DeniseM's 1000th post - the good old days... before Starwood Owners had their own forum). I used the experience of saving $70K to justify buying the OF WKORV resale a couple of months later via Tugger Syed.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Dave - I still remember talking you down from the ledge! :hi:

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also received an offer, but by phone, for a one bedroom villa for $229.00 at Vistana Villages in Orlando. They told me that no sales presentation is required. Mine was 5 days, 4 nights and a $50 Planet Hollywood certificate or 25,000 spg points.. I didn't book a date right away after I paid and they sent me a letter offering me an additional night if a booked between May and June. They also sent me another offer for an additional night for different dates. I am going in Oct. around Columbus Day. They said I would be staying in the new building #25. If you book and want to change dates there is a $50 fee. I called to change the date of our arrival and they allowed a 2 day window so I was not charged the $50. The resort looks nice. I'm sure they will want me to do a sales presentation. Some say they will give you $$ to go. I also read on Tug that some people went and unplugged the phone.
I'll find out in Oct what the resort is like and what the presentations are. I'm involved with Marriott and like their product, so I'll compare to those experiences.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Got it, thank you -- interesting, I'd never heard of a possible Starwood timeshare in Poipu -- that would have been a great addition.

Thanks for the responses!

Best,

Greg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it, thank you -- interesting, I'd never heard of a possible Starwood timeshare in Poipu -- that would have been a great addition.

Thanks for the responses!

Best,

Greg

Yes, and no - it was going to be built across the street from the ocean, kind of inland from the hotel. Bad location.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I also received an offer, but by phone, for a one bedroom villa for $229.00 at Vistana Villages in Orlando. They told me that no sales presentation is required. Mine was 5 days, 4 nights and a $50 Planet Hollywood certificate or 25,000 spg points.. I didn't book a date right away after I paid and they sent me a letter offering me an additional night if a booked between May and June. They also sent me another offer for an additional night for different dates. I am going in Oct. around Columbus Day. They said I would be staying in the new building #25. If you book and want to change dates there is a $50 fee. I called to change the date of our arrival and they allowed a 2 day window so I was not charged the $50. The resort looks nice. I'm sure they will want me to do a sales presentation. Some say they will give you $$ to go. I also read on Tug that some people went and unplugged the phone.
I'll find out in Oct what the resort is like and what the presentations are. I'm involved with Marriott and like their product, so I'll compare to those experiences.

Yes, building 25 is the newest/nicest in the resort. That building has 7 floors, with a brand new sales center for prospective owners on the 7th floor. So you can just take the elevator right up to your meeting! :)

RnU

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, and no - it was going to be built across the street from the ocean, kind of inland from the hotel. Bad location.

When we went to our owners update in Cancun 2 weeks ago we were told the Sheraton Poipu had already been demolished and plans to build a new timeshare resort were a go.

No matter how many times we asked if this was going to go the way of Costa Rica he insisted "absolutely not, the hotel is already gone. It wouldn't make sense not to build a timeshare resort there".

...we shall see ;)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we went to our owners update in Cancun 2 weeks ago we were told the Sheraton Poipu had already been demolished and plans to build a new timeshare resort were a go.

No matter how many times we asked if this was going to go the way of Costa Rica he insisted "absolutely not, the hotel is already gone. It wouldn't make sense not to build a timeshare resort there".

...we shall see ;)

Funny - it was there a week ago! :rolleyes: