• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I will be here in a few weeks. Can we check out a day earlier without a fee being accessed? Can we request a building prior to arriving? Should we pre-arrange para sailing/zip lining or wait until we get there? Any suggestions or recommendations for our trip?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can check out early without incurring any extra charges.

You can request a particular building, but you are not guaranteed to get it. It doesn't hurt to put a notation on your reservations, though.

I usually reserve any activities while there, because I don't plan each day very far in advance. Most activities have plenty of availability. Others may offer discounts when booking online, rather than through the resort. Check out Trip Advisor and Viator.com.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you have a Starwood reservation, the contact info. for the resort concierge is on your confirmation.

If you have a II reservation, the resort may or may not accept your view request. At some of the resorts they no longer accept view requests before check-in on II exchanges.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The good news is that at WLR all units have good views, though some are superior. No island view nonsense at this resort, so even without the best location it's likely you'll be happy with the location.

Sent from my iPad

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The good news is that at WLR all units have good views, though some are superior. No island view nonsense at this resort, so even without the best location it's likely you'll be happy with the location.

Sent from my iPad

There is a column in Building 5 (I think it is 5) where it faces inland. I was told by the concierge that they don't assign those rooms to Starwood owners.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
There is a column in Building 5 (I think it is 5) where it faces inland. I was told by the concierge that they don't assign those rooms to Starwood owners.

Thanks for the info, that's news to me!

Sent from my iPad

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Except when they do assign them to Starwood owners, of course...

Westnick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tipping goes a long way in Mexico. Everyone that checks in usually has some kind of request. Give the person checking you in $10-$20 when you make your request. They will give you a very nice room.

Bob808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tipping goes a long way in Mexico. Everyone that checks in usually has some kind of request. Give the person checking you in $10-$20 when you make your request. They will give you a very nice room.

Can others verify that $20 to the Lagunamar desk clerk at check-in gives you a better room?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I have always had my reservation building request granted with no tipping necessary. Not only did I have notes put in the reservation but I requested the concierge verify my request prior to checkin when they call to "welcome" me. This has always brought successful results. I know there are units designated "Oceanside" on the end by the beach but it is my understand you have to own those specifically????

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My rooms had always been assigned to me prior to check in. The rooms had always been great, high floor with excellent views. No need for tip to get a great room. ;)

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Concierge

For off-site activities...be sure to check in with the concierge services. They are the best and most helpful I have found anywhere.