• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood claims no reservations available for my fixed/floating SBP in 2015?!?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Judy,
Did you get this resolved? Did they find a week for you or offer you another solution?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the many helpful replies here! I didn't expect to get such a large response. Also, my apologies for not responding sooner. I'm having complications from a recent surgery, and some days are better than others.

Judy,
Did you get this resolved? Did they find a week for you or offer you another solution?
Yes, Resolution Services called me on Monday, 11/24 and offered me Saturday, July 25th, 2015. That was fine with me, and I took it. I'm still not sure why there was no availability when I called, though. More thoughts on that in my response below.

Judy probably has floating weeks not in Staroptions.

As already stated, there are lots of small and premium one bedrooms still available for 2015, including prime summer. Apparently her unit type is different. I keep wondering how many of these shotgun units there are, and what the fees cost for those units. I thought that is what I owned with my small one bedroom, and as I said before, they let me book any small one bedroom with my week. But maybe this is very different from what I own.
Yes, my two SBP weeks are just fixed/floating weeks, no StarOptions. I'm not a member of SVN.

And yes, I own two different types of small one bedrooms. One type is the smallest size of one-bedroom (I think it's the small side of a lock-off) and has no balcony. The other type of small one-bedroom I own is called a "shotgun" unit, because it's rooms are all in a straight row, like a "shotgun" style house. The shotgun unit is a standalone unit, not half a lock-off. The shotgun unit has a balcony, a bit more square footage inside, and also maybe an upgraded bathtub (not sure about the tub.) The shotgun unit costs about $100 more in MFs each year than my smaller, no-balcony one-bedroom.

When I called Starwood last week, they said they had lots of availability for my smallest, no-balcony one-bedroom (July was wide open), but nothing at all for my "shotgun" small one-bedroom. So, if Cindy is correct and owners of the smallest, no-balcony units can book into the shotgun units, that could explain the lack of availability of shotgun units -- maybe all the shotgun units had been taken by owners of even smaller units. However, I asked Owner Resolution Services about this, and they claimed that only owners of shotgun units can book shotgun units. In other words, they said owners of no-balcony units cannot upgrade to a shotgun unit. Cindy, have you actually been able to upgrade your no-balcony small one-bedroom into a shotgun small one-bedroom with a balcony? I would trust your experience over what a CS rep says, even a rep from Resolution Services.

The rep from Owner Resolution Services also told me the shotgun units were not completely booked up during my season, as fall weeks were still available. However, three of the "regular" CS reps said nothing was available at all in for a shotgun unit in the season I own. Maybe they didn't check thoroughly? I don't know.

So, the bottom line is that Owner Resolution Services did find me a good week, but the original problem remains mysterious. Also, I *assume* the week Owner Resolution Services gave me has a balcony, but I don't know for sure. Anyone know how to tell what sort of exact unit one has reserved? The reservation just says "small one-bedroom," with no mention of the type of one-bedroom.

Well, next year I'll have to reserve earlier to avoid this problem. Thanks again for all the suggestions!

303timesharenewb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Balconies in SBP Plantation Phase?

And yes, I own two different types of small one bedrooms. One type is the smallest size of one-bedroom (I think it's the small side of a lock-off) and has no balcony. The other type of small one-bedroom I own is called a "shotgun" unit, because it's rooms are all in a straight row, like a "shotgun" style house. The shotgun unit is a standalone unit, not half a lock-off. The shotgun unit has a balcony, a bit more square footage inside, and also maybe an upgraded bathtub (not sure about the tub.) The shotgun unit costs about $100 more in MFs each year than my smaller, no-balcony one-bedroom.

Hi Judy - I thought that none of the 1 bedrooms in the Plantation phase have balconies... that's what the front desk told me... I understand Plantation phase has 3x 1 bedrooms (smaller 1bdrm off lockoff, bigger 1bdrm off lockoff, and 1 bdrm not off lockoff). Can you please confirm?

So if I am buying a 1bdrm (not off lockoff off) resale, can I book into a 1bdrm premium (larger) off lockoff with a balcony?

Thanks.