• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DAE not going good so far

cosmicharlie

Reaction score
I registered w/ DAE and asked a simple question about whether my lock off can be banked as 2 separate deposits. I got a auto reply saying they received my question and will get back with me shortly. That's been over a week and no actual response.

I hear good things about them but if I can't get a simple question answered I wonder about when I have big issue. :wall:

Should have come here first..I'm sure I'll find the answer or some kind person will share their input.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I can answer the question. You can lock off. DAE is season blind (doesn't matter what week you deposit, you can confirm any week available), but in North America, they are not size blind. If you confirm into a larger unit you are subject to an additional fee. There are also some promotional deposit bonuses that may require a minimum size to receive the bonus.

Unit Size Upgrade Fees. DAE charges a Unit Size Upgrade Fee for DAE Members to receive an Exchange for a Resort Week for occupancy of 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom or larger Accommodations after depositing Resort Weeks for occupancy of Accommodations which are smaller than the Exchange Week confirmed. Therefore, DAE Members who deposit a Resort Week unit size, which is smaller than the Exchange Week confirmed unit size, shall be required to pay the applicable Unit Size Upgrade Fee. Unit Size upgrade Fees are based upon the number of bedrooms of the Accommodations which the DAE Member desires to occupy by virtue of an Exchange. The Unit Size Upgrade Fee is not due until the DAE Member’s Exchange Request has been confirmed (i.e., the DAE Member has received a Confirmed Exchange). The current Unit Size Upgrade Fees in North America are:
Deposit
Unit Size 1 Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3 Bedroom 4 Bedroom
Studio $75 $150 $225 $225
1 Bedroom $75 $150 $225
2 Bedroom $75 $150
Unit Size Upgrade Fees may vary and are subject to change at DAE’s sole discretion. DAE Members will be advised by DAE of any Unit Size Upgrade Fee changes. The above Unit Size Upgrade Fees may vary for corporate participation or other programs offered by or through DAE at DAE’s sole discretion. DAE retains the right to waive any Unit Size Upgrade Fees for any reason. Unit Size Upgrade Fees are included in the Cancellation Protection Option available on Resort Weeks exchange transactions.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give them a call. I have never not gotten through.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

cosmicharlie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!! It's a 4 bedroom lock off so split into 2 BR each and it's usually just my wife and I, so I'm not worried about upgrading to anything bigger. It appears that I can but I would like to hear from them.

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello from DAE

Hello - Thank you for your inquiry and our apologies for not contacting you sooner. If you would email our Exchange Team Leader Brandon Layne (brandon.layne@daelive.com) - or call him at 800-468-1799 I would like to make sure we help you appropriately.

As for your question, yes you can split your unit and make 2 deposits if you'd like. As mentioned in another post here, you would just want to consider the size of unit you want in exchange when considering whether you want to deposit a 2 bdrm or a 1 bdrm and a studio. We appreciate your question and concern - we try to make all call backs promptly, Let Brandon know who you are and we can offer you 25% off of your next exchange.

Thanks again.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hello - Thank you for your inquiry and our apologies for not contacting you sooner. If you would email our Exchange Team Leader Brandon Layne (brandon.layne@daelive.com) - or call him at 800-468-1799 I would like to make sure we help you appropriately.

As for your question, yes you can split your unit and make 2 deposits if you'd like. As mentioned in another post here, you would just want to consider the size of unit you want in exchange when considering whether you want to deposit a 2 bdrm or a 1 bdrm and a studio. We appreciate your question and concern - we try to make all call backs promptly, Let Brandon know who you are and we can offer you 25% off of your next exchange.

Thanks again.

Wow, I for one am impressed with your customer service...

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it any wonder, considering the ever increasing costs of the big companies in this business, RCI especially, that the independents are seeing good growth and increasing inventory? Kudos to you, DAE.

PS - I am not fishing for a discount, and would not take one for this post if one were offered.

cosmicharlie

Reaction score
Thanks everyone specially DAE for instilling some confidence in your services. I will call and make my deposit if it's not too late; which brings up another question. Is there a cut off on when to make the deposit? Mine is week 5 2015 which is approximately 6 weeks away.....I know...I know should have planned better, but time flies the older I get.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
check the website- there is a cutoff-I forget what it is.