• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What happened to customer service?

hawkeye1960

Reaction score
Bought a timeshare resale off ebay last may. After 5-months it finally closed and I was mailed a copy of the recorded deed. The resort where the unit is at has NEVER
sent me ANYTHING recognizing the transaction on their end. I did recieve a call in Nov. from a person in owner services (after I emailed them) saying that within a couple of weeks my info would be registered. I have spent 2 weeks trying to get a hold of someone to schedule a week for me, but am having no success. When I call the resort they allways say they'll have someone call me, but of course no one ever does. Being that I never paid the Thousands of $$ for one of these timeshares, could that be the reason for all this trouble?.....It's almost like I've been black-balled. Is this very typical?

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the resort you purchased in a "family" of resorts like Blue-Green , Marriott or Shell? Or is the resort you purchased an individual resort? I think we need that info before we can give any advice.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You could try to get the name of the manager or whoever's in charge of the joint and ask to speak to him or her.

But I wonder if the closing agent ever sent "owner services" a copy of the deed and requested a transfer on their books. I'd send "owner services" a certified letter with a copy of the deed requesting acknowledgment of your status as an ower and instructions on reserving a stay.

hawkeye1960

Reaction score
it is "princeton resorts" out of peoria AZ. The seller did say they sent a copy of the deed to them, This is a timeshare resale so its not like they never got their money out the unit, so I don't know!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I don't recall EVER receiving anything from any of the resorts I bought resale until the first maintenance fee bill came. Maybe a newsletter.

Sheila

Michael

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cibola Vista Owner

I own a 2BR lockoff at Cibola Vista which I purchased resale. I have to say that I have found their customer service to be among the best I have encountered so I am surprised to hear differently. I received a welcome packet from the resort after purchase as well.

- Michael

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my Massanutten resales I received a welcome letter and a copy of the latest newsletter, and a letter explaining how to reserve/deposit and rental options.

hawkeye1960

Reaction score
I own a 2BR lockoff at Cibola Vista which I purchased resale. I have to say that I have found their customer service to be among the best I have encountered so I am surprised to hear differently. I received a welcome packet from the resort after purchase as well.

- Michael
I did finally get a hold of customer sevices, I guess they are just swamped with calls in dec-jan. Was finally able to schedule my week. But I never did
recieve a welcome packet or newsletter. Michael, how long have you had your unit and how many times have you visited there?..........good experiences?......do they still
pressure you to go to previews and all that?

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michael is exceptionally lucky. He got this timeshare that would make most of you salivate so, I would not be the least surprised that he got a welcome package and everything else. I believe he leads a charmed life. Using him as a TYPICAL example is not advisable. LOL. :shrug: Happy New Year Michael!:hi:

Michael

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawkeye1960: I have owned there for about a year now. My first stay was this past Thanksgiving and we really enjoyed the resort. Very nice units and amenities, beautifully landscaped. Staff is friendly and accomodating. Wasn't contacted during my stay for a preview. Surrounding infrastructure has come in nicely with a SuperTarget, SuperWalmart and Sam's Club within one to five miles of the resort. We'll be there again in March! :whoopie:

Nightnurse613: Good to hear from you. Very funny post...it made me laugh out loud! :hysterical: Happy New Year to you as well! Cheers. :banana:

rockyp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Michael,
Since you bought a resale, do they let you have day use of the property? we are in the process of buying a resale at cibola vista and curious if they are letting resale owners use the property daily. Thanks for any help you have.