• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions: Acceptance / valuation of weeks by TPI?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had no prior experience or contact with TPI, but I would certainly like to examine (and possibly use) any and all alternatives to "certain other exchange companies" with which I do not wish to conduct business. Accordingly, I have a few straightforward "newbie" questions regarding TPI:

1. How does an owner learn whether particular, specific owned weeks at particular, specific resorts are even "acceptable" as TPI deposits? In the absence of actual "resort affiliations" like other exchange companies, I'm admittedly clueless on this point.

2. Does TPI have a "valuation" system for member deposits which is actually "knowable" (i.e., visible) to the depositing member, so that the member has any advance idea what that deposit might be able to "pull"?

Clear answers to these two clear questions would be sincerely appreciated. Apologies in advance for my complete ignorance regarding TPI. The fact that TPI is willing have an active and participatory presence here on TUG (unlike "certain others") impresses me already.

Thanks in advance.

TPIRep

Reaction score
Hello Theo!
I will try to answer your questions the best I can but to get a better response I would suggest you contact one of our Vacation Reps so they can better clarify your questions....In the mean time....
1. TPI will accept just about any resort in on trade unless we have had previous complaints, or issues with that specific resort. There is no list, but if you want to find out if your resort is accepted, you could contact us first prior to banking/depositing your week with TPI.
2. TPI currently does not have a "valuation" system. We "generally" will confirm exchanges in the order they are recieved.

I hope this helps.....in addition to the above, TPI does not have a mandatory membership fee, so you can always give us try without more than just the exchange fee.

Thanks!