• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt questions.

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Hilton, looking to buy a Key West Hyatt. I have found a Beach House 2 bdrm with 1400 points that hits Fantasy Fest week every other year. The asking price is $14000. Maint. fees run $750. Seems like not too bad of a deal to me but was wondering what price Hyatt resale's for point wise compared with HGVC. We have never rented our HGVC but was also wondering if anyone has experience renting Hyatt as the off year for this week should hit either Parrot head week or possibly powerboat week in KW so rental may be an option. From reading reviews Beach house location may or may not be a problem as KW is so small you can rent a bike and ride it most places although when we go to KW we drive and have stayed close to Duval so we walked everywhere. I guess I am just looking for advice/opinions of experienced Hyatt/KW owners/visitors. Thanks.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
What specific week are you looking at? I'm not so sure FF will occur every other year. I believe it's a 3-week timeshare cycle.

I have friends who own a Hyatt unit during that period and they have no problem renting. You would get very high rates when FF hits during your week, but lower rates on a non-FF week. Worse case is you use the points and have lots of options to stay in Key West or elsewhere during other weeks of the year.

If the $14K price is a resale, it seems high as Hyatt is really backing off on Right-of-First-Refusal (ROFR) actions. I would think you could find something at a better resale price. The pickings will likely be slim as that's a popular time of year so a purchase thru Hyatt might be the only availability.

For transportation, don't forget the municipal bus system where buses generally run at 35-60 minute intervals within a few steps of the Beach House. We never have a car, but rather walk, ride a bike or take the bus.

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 43 is the week I am looking at. FF being tied to Holloween could change it, the ad says everyother year hits FF. I think you would have to own 43 & 44 to hit it every year but even then you may miss some years. I will keep looking but most of the less $$$ are for summer weeks. Have only for 2, 1 week 43 1 week 44 that would hit FF part of the time. Also considering weeks 5-12, again what I see for those weeks is in the $15-$20,000 range but I have just started to search and in no hurry.

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
HMM. Upon closer examination it is week 42 that will hit FF the most. It will hit it in 07 & 08 for sure, beyond that I don't know.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the future FF schedule by timeshare week:

2007 - W42
2008 - W42
2009 - W42 (or W43)
2010 - W43
2011 - W43
2012 - W43
2013 - W42
2014 - W42
2015 - W42 (or W43)
2016 - W43

For 2009 and 2015, it depends on if the last day of FF is on Sunday, Oct. 25 or Nov. 1 (likely Oct. 25).

In any case the timeshare must have a Sunday check-in. You really don't want to have to check-out on Saturday, the day of the Grand Parade.

Also, think about just wanting to go to Key West for the ambiance and NOT Fantasy Fest. In that case Fantasy Fest would be a nightmare for the "non-believers"!

Last edited:

opusX

TUG Member
Reaction score
So true Kal. We have been to two FF and hope to make some more before we hang it up so to speak.