• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marbrisa

wheelzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know if they are offering 3 bdr in the new pool area. I have read some mixed post saying 2br lock off and no 3 brm available. Heading there in august.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay away from Marbrisa, room5612A!

Stayed in Marbrisa last month.
First time.
Booked a 2bd and got two 1bd rooms joined via a door.
Not what we looked for, and changing rooms was not possible (sold out and we arrived late, around 10pm).
So we stayed four nights in 5612A and 5612B.
Experience:
Worst: the laundry room is right next to 5612A. IF somebody decides to use the washing machine, your sleep will be over! Happened to us on the morning of the second day. Unless your sleep is more on the comatose side... Stay away from this room!
Bad: the property is near a little airport. Early morning noise is present and might wake you up. Not too bad- but no good either.
Neutral: the pool is tiny and not attractive for our kids.
Good: right next to Legoland- if you decide to go there (we didn't). Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful!

Should we go back to Carlsbad we will try the other two resorts- for which we could not find availability.

Cheers

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Really liked Marbrisa...in 3 bed old section

We stayed over 4th July in 3 bedroom unit, dedicated 3 bed, older section, park (golf course) view. We own only lark views there as being inland from legoland the ocean views look thru legoland to a distant ocean. There were activities spread out around resort but the actual activity center is in phase 1-the older section. We preferred the old section, the new pools were nice but my daughter doesn't like them crowded, so we mainly were in the original pool. A very big draw of the older section was the activity room-one of my kids behaves much better when given the independence to hang with other kids himself.

We didn't hear the airport at all. Thought the sunset pool was a fine size, newer pools are bigger.

I don't think there are any 3 bed park views in the new section yet, uncertain of ocean view units. I think they may be starting to call them coastal view though.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Is the new lobby open yet?

I've stayed in a 3br in the old section, and the new 2br lockoff next to the laundry room :). Noise wasn't a problem for us, about the loudest I can recall was the pool music and the movie. When I booked I knew it was a lockoff by the description in Revolution, that's why I grabbed it to check out. It's more of a master 1bedroom plus a studio unit.

One of our favorite places, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, you may like Palisades better it has a kids pirate pool, and in the spring the flower fields are blooming. I read there are a lot of rowdy locals that hang around the pool at the other one by the beach.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

I've stayed in a 3br in the old section, and the new 2br lockoff next to the laundry room :). Noise wasn't a problem for us, about the loudest I can recall was the pool music and the movie. When I booked I knew it was a lockoff by the description in Revolution, that's why I grabbed it to check out. It's more of a master 1bedroom plus a studio unit.

One of our favorite places, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay, you may like Palisades better it has a kids pirate pool, and in the spring the flower fields are blooming. I read there are a lot of rowdy locals that hang around the pool at the other one by the beach.

You got that right. I was there stirring the pot yesterday. ;-)

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
New lobby is open

The new lobby was open. Big, airy, lots of granite and hard surfaces, kind of sterile. They said they are still growing into the space, so perhaps it will develop a softer feel over time. Strange that tea was free, but you had to pay $2 for "Starbucks" coffee or hot cocoa in the lobby. They didn't have a complementary water dispenser like most resorts. 2 free to use computers with printer in lobby. Upstairs is a nice long rectangle shaped fire pit I don't think get used very often. The sales area is upstairs from the lobby (on other side of door from long fire pit). Nice that the sales models are now at Marbrisa and out of GPP (we own there too).

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello Dave
Yes, next time around Palisades it is!

Yes, the lobby for Marbrisa is open! Really, really nice!
Yet, when I asked what it is used for- just for sales!- I wondered if this is a good use of our club dues. I'd rather have them expand (see the new tower in HHV) or buy into new areas (Maui, more European destinations...). Our rooms, as far as the interior is concerned, were very nice! It appears that the actual room location can make or break ones vacation.
Oh well, so many more locations to visit!

Cheers
Frank