• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to buy at HGVC

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi forum

I've been reading this forum for some time now and decided to opt in.

We are a family of 5, kids are 3,9,9, and we are from Europe.

We already own at vacation village at parkway we get yearly weeks.

We like doing a lot of traveling :D so I have looked at the HGVC resorts and we have stayed at one in Vegas.

We are already a RCI week member and would like to continue with that.

We would very much like to go to the HGVC in Miami and to one close to Disney. We could use our week at vacation village or exchange into one using RCI but we like doing a lot of travels and are currently using all weeks for traveling in Europe. A 2BR at HGVC would be nice though.

Where and when (week number) should I buy to get most bang for the bucks and how many points would I need to get a 2BR at Miami or close to Disney? I know that I could buy at ie Vegas and use the points at Miami through the HGVC point system but only if something is available when I would need to travel. I would go to Disney or Miami in week 27-32, but might not every year.

As I have understood the more points you get the better, but you might also have to pay more upfront and in yearly MF.

The MF that are due at each resort does that include all fees due, operational etc?

Would I be able to use my existing RCI weeks account if I should choose to deposit the week bought at HGVC or do I need a RCI points account for that?
How much in trading power would a week in HGVC be worth at RCI?

Regards Michael.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hi forum

We like doing a lot of traveling :D so I have looked at the HGVC resorts and we have stayed at one in Vegas.

We would very much like to go to the HGVC in Miami and to one close to Disney. We could use our week at vacation village or exchange into one using RCI but we like doing a lot of travels and are currently using all weeks for traveling in Europe. A 2BR at HGVC would be nice though.

Where and when (week number) should I buy to get most bang for the bucks and how many points would I need to get a 2BR at Miami or close to Disney? I know that I could buy at ie Vegas and use the points at Miami through the HGVC point system but only if something is available when I would need to travel. I would go to Disney or Miami in week 27-32, but might not every year.

The HGVC points charts can be found online by resort - http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/Resorts#search/index

Weeks # 27 thru 32 are most likely platinum season. The older resorts in Miami and Orlando will require 7,000 HGVC points for a 2 bedroom in platinum season. The newest Orlando resort Parc Soleil will require much more - http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/Resorts#details/index&resortId=45&backFunctionality=0

As I have understood the more points you get the better, but you might also have to pay more upfront and in yearly MF. The MF that are due at each resort does that include all fees due, operational etc?

Annual HGVC Maintenance Fees (MFs) are generally based on resort and unit size. As a result, owners with different seasons may pay the same annual MF at the same resort.

For example, the following owners at the same resort may pay the same annual MF
 two bedroom platinum season (7,000 annual ClubPoints)
 two bedroom gold season (5,000 annual ClubPoints)
 two bedroom silver season (3,500 annual ClubPoints)
 two bedroom bronze season owner (2,500 annual ClubPoints)

For this reason, some owners choose to purchase a week in a higher season with more ClubPoints instead of one or more weeks in a lower season with less ClubPoints. NOTE: Prices are generally higher for the higher seasons compared to the lower seasons.

HGVC MFs include everything except Club Dues. This thread contains 2013 & 2014 MFs at several HGVC resorts -http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200341

The HGVC resorts in Vegas tends to have the lowest MFs. Hawaii tends to have the highest MFs. I suggest avoiding the newer resorts which have a temporary lower MF due to the developer subsidy.

MFs at the following HGVC resorts are subsidized:
- Parc Soleil
- Las Vegas on the Boulevard (aka Las Vegas Strip)
- Grand Waikikian
- Kingsland
- W57th St
- Anderson

Would I be able to use my existing RCI weeks account if I should choose to deposit the week bought at HGVC or do I need a RCI points account for that?

Regards Michael.

HGVC members don't have individual RCI membership. It's a corporate level account. HGVC members only have access to RCI through the HGVC site. RCI membership is included in the HGVC Club Dues. HGVC members have access to RCI Weeks and RCI Points inventory. You can find more information about HGVC & RCI in my HGVC overview thread (see post #5 on RCI).

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just a slight correction to your post:

Weeks # 27 thru 32 are most likely platinum season. The older resorts in Miami and Orlando will require 7,000 HGVC points for a 2 bedroom in platinum season. The newest Orlando resort Parc Soleil will require much more - http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/Resorts#details/index&resortId=45&backFunctionality=0

Parc Soleil does have 2BR Plus and Premier units which do cost more points, but it also has mostly standard 2BR units which are the same 7000 points as the other Orlando resorts.

Kurt

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi forum

As I have understood the more points you get the better, but you might also have to pay more upfront and in yearly MF.

The MF that are due at each resort does that include all fees due, operational etc?

Regards Michael.

The bang for the most buck with out the initial expensive investment is if you own at Vacation Village at Parkway - lockout (if you own a two bedroom) and deposit into RCI weeks. Depending on the week you deposit, you can get enough TPUs to exchange into HGVC. They are available.They do have the 1 in 4 rule, but there are three resorts in Orlando you can stay at.

Note that the Vacation Village at Parkway is easily picked up on the RCI specials $199 per week.

You can always buy an inexpensive week into HGV Club 3,400 points - Las Vegas (You can pick on up for less than $2,000) and book the open season rate - 30 days out - at any resort (based on availability). I did not expect to get Myrtle Beach in the summer but they are available for a lot less than points.

I checked Miami and yes there is open season available for 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms for July and August.

You can always get Orlando during open season - it would just depend on the size and length of stay in the summer.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your answers.

When looking for a unit in a resorts what would be a fair price for a 2br/approx 7k points?

Bytheway which resorts has the lowest MF's?

Regards michal