• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommendations for Montreal or Quebec City

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice timeshare in either Montreal or Quebec City? We have access to both RCI and II. Our kids are 7 and 10 so kid-friendly is a plus. We'd like to go this summer as the exchange rate is very favorable right now. Thanks!

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
AFAIK you won't find one in either of those two places. There are resorts closer to Quebec City, but I wouldn't call ANY of them nice. We went there a few years back, and most of the timeshares are old converted 3 story walk-ups.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best bet is hotel or rental..I like the holiday Inn in China town..price is reasonable, across from metro line, and easy walk from bus stop for 747 bus that leaves the airport for downtown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bummer...I can't believe there aren't any timeshares in Montreal at least. We will look into a VRBO rental then. Thanks for the responses.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Most of the timeshares in those areas are at or near ski resorts like Mt St Anne or Mt Tremblant unfortunately. Not really convenient for visiting either city.

~Diane

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Le Petit Hotel is my favorite in Montreal and I used VRBO for Quebec City. I'm craving poutine already!

jj301349

Reaction score
Intrawest Tremblant is the best timeshare in Qc...Maybe 75 minutes drive from Montréal...St-Hypolite is Good to...60 minutes...Nothing else in Montréal area.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We stayed at Club GeoPremiere at Auberge du Lac Morency a few years ago. Its about an hour north of Montreal near Saint Hippolite.

Nice area. There are older cabin like buildings which we stayed in as we did not have many points at the time. While they are fully modern / heated / insulated / fireplaced / wifi inside we felt crampped in there. Then there are also newer condo like buildings which I bet are pretty nice. When we go back sometime we plan to get these newer units with our Wyndham points which work directly.

Bob

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just recently booked a few nights at the Fairmont in Quebec City for $165 per night to tack onto our timeshare in Vermont afterwards. I felt it was the best bet and walk-able and so forth.

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Marriott has a very nice SpringHill Suites in Old Montreal which is almost like a timeshare.

Suggest you also check www.vrbo.com for both Montreal and Quebec city...I checked and saw some 2-4 bedroom suites for as low as $100 a night.

You will love the food there too as well as the sites. Fairmont is very nice, historic and well located, but it's a hotel room.

Brian

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Hotel Le Concorde in Quebec last summer. Best value I could find within walking distance of attractions.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott has a very nice SpringHill Suites in Old Montreal which is almost like a timeshare.

Suggest you also check www.vrbo.com for both Montreal and Quebec city...I checked and saw some 2-4 bedroom suites for as low as $100 a night.

You will love the food there too as well as the sites. Fairmont is very nice, historic and well located, but it's a hotel room.

Brian

Oh cool I didn't realize that. We were looking at VRBO. There is some really cool stuff on there, but Marriott would be free for us with our Marriott Rewards points.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
The Concorde has closed... no longer a hotel. I recommend the "Clarendon", an art nouveau hotel just across from the Basilica and Hotel de Ville. Prices more reasonable than the Chateau Frontenac and it's right in the middle of everything.

Last edited:

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Club GeoPremiere at Auberge du Lac Morency a few years ago. Its about an hour north of Montreal near Saint Hippolite.

Nice area. There are older cabin like buildings which we stayed in as we did not have many points at the time. While they are fully modern / heated / insulated / fireplaced / wifi inside we felt crampped in there. Then there are also newer condo like buildings which I bet are pretty nice. When we go back sometime we plan to get these newer units with our Wyndham points which work directly.

Bob

OutSkiing, we are there right now ending our week. We are up the hill in one of the newer condo buildings. The one bedroom condo we are in is nice but not luxurious except for the view overlooking the lake... it's a magnificent wilderness vista. We've had a very pleasant week. Only complaint is the poor quality mattress and bedding. But, it's too far from Montreal for anyone considering this location as a base for visiting the city. For one thing the 20km road out from the lake to the AutoRoute to Montreal is a backwoods winding trail that you can't drive any quicker than the posted 50 km maximum.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshares are terrific but unfortunately not viable options for places like Old Montreal and historic Quebec City. The timeshares in those general areas are for enjoying the mountains, not the cities.

You are going to want to stay in something like the following:
https://www.vrbo.com/403422

You can definitely enjoy the perks of the Canadian dollar being so low right now!

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Concorde has closed... no longer a hotel. I recommend the "Clarendon", an art nouveau hotel just across from the Basilica and Hotel de Ville. Prices more reasonable than the Chateau Frontenac and it's right in the middle of everything.

Le Concorde closed briefly a couple of years ago when ownership changed and conversion to apartments was considered, but is open now.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
OutSkiing, we are there right now ending our week. We are up the hill in one of the newer condo buildings. The one bedroom condo we are in is nice but not luxurious except for the view overlooking the lake... it's a magnificent wilderness vista. We've had a very pleasant week. Only complaint is the poor quality mattress and bedding. But, it's too far from Montreal for anyone considering this location as a base for visiting the city. For one thing the 20km road out from the lake to the AutoRoute to Montreal is a backwoods winding trail that you can't drive any quicker than the posted 50 km maximum.
Ironwood,
Glad to hear those units are up to date and have a great view. As for commuting to Montreal, the hour drive detracts from the experience of a city stay but we did it a few days. The narrow roads might be a little better in he summer than the winter months.